Recent Topics

Ads

A Fort Solution – Separating T4 from T2-T3

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sodaking23

A Fort Solution – Separating T4 from T2-T3

Post#1 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Greetings, I’m a long-time player of RoR so far; it’s legit.

However, recent upgrades to the Fort allowing T2-T4 to compete has become problematic, causing lag during prime time’s making the fort game unplayable.

This is likely because of the average influx of 300 v 300 people; it sounds awesome but let’s face it. The game doesn’t handle it well.

I propose an idea… Merging T2-T3 and having T4 being its own competition. The in-game population has become quite sustainable from my observations. This allows T4 to focus on T4 objectives and continuously compete in T4 RvR and will lessen the strain on Fort attacks / Defense. T4 includes levels of 36-40, If I am not mistaken.

There are plenty of T2-T3 players and alts around whom can battle it out amongst each other for the Middle zones; Perhaps to provide buffs to themselves and T4 in some way, so a win for them is a win for their realm. (or don’t add buffs because it could become problematic and get scrapped anyway, Just an added idea.)

This also allows T2-T3 to have more fairer fights by not letting them get wrecked by T4s in end-game gear.

Merely rotate T2 zones like T4 does, most of the time having two zones open for capture splitting potential loads from overloading the game engine.

I urge your team to consider this option as a solution to the current issue. I know software engineering takes time and is often frustrating as all f**k.

In the end this is their project and their efforts, and I am eternally grateful.

Warhammer online is one of my all-time favorite games.

God speed to everyone involved in development.
- Mashtooth Skullsmasha

Ads
chargedbolt

Re: A Fort Solution – Separating T4 from T2-T3

Post#2 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:46 pm

The idea would work if the server had a bigger population, but there is a reason why T2-T4 have been merged.

Lvl 16s in T4 is fine, but the problem is that one fort is open to everyone.

They need to go back to forts with limited slots or just implement instanced forts.

marisco

Post#3 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:27 am

Unmerging the tiers would be terrible. People would just rush to 40 and we would have a bunch of 40/10s around the lakes. The mid tiers would be dead, specially during NA time.

It would be better if they just reverted the fort requirements of 40/40 and put the reservation system back in place. It wasn't democratic but in hindsight it was the best way of doing things. The zones, the engine, the server can't handle the 15 wbs free-for-all clusterfuck that is forts during prime time right now.

Just make sure to have at least a t2 zone open so that the lowbies have somewhere to play during fort.

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:29 am

t2/t3 lakes could be used for say unlocking the fort BO's for spawning inside the fort walls, would spread the action also and currently its pretty much impossible for attackers to win fort

But ofc that would require some redesign as locking t2/t3 zones would take too much time and by that time fort fight is done already.

i kinda miss the good old t2/t3 action, such a lovely zones imo and no zergfests like in t4, but yeah the population can be a proble, at least outside the regular timezones.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Sarnai

Post#5 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:30 am

T2 is perfectly designed for lowbies and they're almost an afterthought in the grand T4 campaign, at least in my playing experience. "Easy" lords, only one door to bust down, small lakes with keeps close to the warcamps...perfect for the sub 40's out there.

I'm sure it's just an issue of when I'm online, but I'd say 80% of the time I'm online the T2 zones are already long locked because it only takes a warband of 40's about 15-20 minutes to do the job and the back and forth zerg-fest in the upper tiers is underway.

Obligatory Radical Idea That Doesn't Take Into Account The Dev Work Required:
Make the forts/city sieges the rare events that I believe they're meant to be by requiring a faction to lock an entire pairing first. If dessy lock Troll Country and High Pass, open Praag. Order pushes back and locks Praag, opening up High Pass to be flipped and the subsequently Troll Country. Once they're blue, Chaos Wastes and eventually the Maw can be pushed. Make us EARN those forts!
WH looking for gunbad left

Onemantankwall

Post#6 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:33 am

Fort pop is very easy to fix just bring back up the wall and allow entrance to those who contributed to prior zone.

Biggest issue is the plebs that log on and only play during forts abusing the new system.

This would require prior zone contribution which would also force defenders to defend prior zone which would also cut back on the amount of forts we are running into.

No lvl cap or pop cap required just prior zone contribution to cut out the people looking to abuse the new lowby freedom.

Will the devs do this? Who tf knows prob not. But it'll need to be done to solve headbanging against fort walls daily for free 4 invader.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Cornerback

Post#7 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:33 am Fort pop is very easy to fix just bring back up the wall and allow entrance to those who contributed to prior zone.

Biggest issue is the plebs that log on and only play during forts abusing the new system.

This would require prior zone contribution which would also force defenders to defend prior zone which would also cut back on the amount of forts we are running into.

No lvl cap or pop cap required just prior zone contribution to cut out the people looking to abuse the new lowby freedom.

Will the devs do this? Who tf knows prob not. But it'll need to be done to solve headbanging against fort walls daily for free 4 invader.
Looks like a good solution to me. Anyone gets a chance to participate but the AFKers will be kept away.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Collateral

Post#8 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:07 pm

OP, I've been saying that for years now and nothing changed. So don't bother honestly. The forts are a complete mess right now. Absolutely unplayable, totally unenjoyable. For the life of me I can't imagine anyone enjoys the massive zergs. Sure it can be funny at first, but it seriously destroys any semblance of a good game experience. It simply can't continue like this.

In my opinion, lowbies have no place in forts or T4 zones. Big zones with bigger keeps, meant to occupy r40s for hours. Now it's nothing like that. They are designed for end game content, so what are lowbies doing there? The pug wbs have to blob if they want any chance against more organized wbs. And zergs are virtually always born, especially in forts which are not really that big when compared to open rvr. I don't even have to mention the equal number of attackers and defenders, which is just ridiculous.

There are plenty of lowbies around to populate the middle tiers if they were merged. Anyone who says otherwise are fooling themselves. And if T4 was designed for 40s only, there would be even more people in mid tiers.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#9 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:32 pm

It's always interesting to see people yelling at you in /t4 for defending a Keep and not letting destro siege Forts.