Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked SC suggestion!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
toffikx

Re: Ranked SC suggestion!

Post#11 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:03 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am Would rather just have the system match amount of mdps & rdps on both sides to be equal instead of having it fixed to 1 mdps & 1 rdps.

So to clarify, depending on who is in the queue you could then get either:
  • 2 MDPS vs 2 MDPS
  • 1 MDPS & 1 RDPS vs 1 MDPS & 1 RDPS
  • 2 RDPS vs 2 RDPS
You sir, are a genius.
Give this man an infinite supply of cowpies.

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#12 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:45 pm

Armoz wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 pm Hey guys and happy new year to the RoR community!

So i wanted to make a suggestion and hopefully give the RoR team some ideas/inspiration and stuff to think about how to balance Rsc because it really suck for 2 Rdps team compositions

So i came up with this solution!

Since dps pool is so much bigger than Tanks and Healers anyway then 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 mdps and 1 rdps should work much better! Because if you get into a ranked sc where your team has both rdps and enemy team has only mdps then u get owerwhelmed by 4 people in that fight both tanks and mdps! Melee is always on top of you and as a rdps u can't really do much! But if you balance the matchmaking to pick one rdps and one mdps everytime it should definitetly make it more balanced! Que times shouldn't go up and now each fight is much more fair!

So i hope this is something RoR devs could look into and at least try it for a while and see what people think!
While i agree something could be changed with the system of ranged vs melee dps i don't think it will change much in a pug situation.

Usually in hard fights for 6v6 where no one is really dieing you start to probe to find the weak link in the group. In the case of where you always have only 1 rdps and 1 melee dps it will be dog pile on ranged dps probaly 95% of the time if not 100% of the time.

I think the major problem with 6v6 solo ranked is most players don't change specs/gear to handle small scale fights and are still geared/speced for WB zerg fest where you don't have to think too much and just button mash and that doesn't transition well over to small scale fights. Pug fights will never be fair due to not being able to control what your teammates are wearing/speced as.

Currently the system will slap a tank in a dps role if geared/speced for it or a healer speced as a dps will get thrown into a dps role. This also creates major imbalance but you have no way to control that either. It is the nature of pug play. You win some you lose some. Once you get it out of your head that you won't win them all it makes the game a whole lot less stressfull.
Trismack

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#13 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Just form a group and ignore the matchmaker entirely. You can queue as whatever you want when you get 6 people together.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Armoz
Suspended

Post#14 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:26 am

dalen wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am Would rather just have the system match amount of mdps & rdps on both sides to be equal instead of having it fixed to 1 mdps & 1 rdps.

So to clarify, depending on who is in the queue you could then get either:
  • 2 MDPS vs 2 MDPS
  • 1 MDPS & 1 RDPS vs 1 MDPS & 1 RDPS
  • 2 RDPS vs 2 RDPS
Yeap, that would work great as well!

Armoz
Suspended

Post#15 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:31 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm Just form a group and ignore the matchmaker entirely. You can queue as whatever you want when you get 6 people together.
Yeah sure, but most people SoloQ anyway, and yes while there are people who play together and it probably wont matter to them i still think its definitely worth looking into what i suggested and at least try it for a while and see how it works out! Can always switch back.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Armoz wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:31 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm Just form a group and ignore the matchmaker entirely. You can queue as whatever you want when you get 6 people together.
Yeah sure, but most people SoloQ anyway, and yes while there are people who play together and it probably wont matter to them i still think its definitely worth looking into what i suggested and at least try it for a while and see how it works out! Can always switch back.
If most people are going to soloQ rather than form teams, that kind of flies in the face of a competitive mode doesn't it? I would expect further carrot and stick action to favor the full group setup. The beatings will continue until morale improves and whatnot.

Armoz
Suspended

Post#17 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:24 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:40 pm
If most people are going to soloQ rather than form teams, that kind of flies in the face of a competitive mode doesn't it?
What ?? SoloQ is just as important as groupQ! Every big competitive game has both, and they are balanced for both! Sometimes you say stuff that seriously makes people question your ability to man. Make a poll and see how many people would agree that 2x2x1x1 composition would make things a lot better! Even Zarbix says so

ziomek

Post#18 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:33 pm

Armoz wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:24 pm

If most people are going to soloQ rather than form teams, that kind of flies in the face of a competitive mode doesn't it?
What ?? SoloQ is just as important as groupQ! Every big competitive game has both, and they are balanced for both! Sometimes you say stuff that seriously makes people question your ability to man. Make a poll and see how many people would agree that 2x2x1x1 composition would make things a lot better! Even Zarbix says so
soloQ should not be as important or encouraged as groupQ in ROR stop talking shite

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:19 pm

Different objectives to begin with make for different methods to achieve them. Solo queue is inherently more casual. It's a good method to get your games in for the week and bump up your MMR. Group queue is inherently more dedicated, you need to form a coherent team and you fight against other far more coherent teams than you would get in solo queue. Because of the significant discrepancy in challenge, group queue will be more incentivized. If they were the same, or if for some reason we leaned towards solo queue for incentivization, it would dramatically undercut the reason to do group queue in the first place. There's no reason to do something that's more difficult for less or equal rewards.

Is solo queue more popular? Absolutely. Polling will heavily reflect this as it's a more casual game mode. We don't need a poll to determine that.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#20 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:19 pm

Different objectives to begin with make for different methods to achieve them. Solo queue is inherently more casual. It's a good method to get your games in for the week and bump up your MMR. Group queue is inherently more dedicated, you need to form a coherent team and you fight against other far more coherent teams than you would get in solo queue. Because of the significant discrepancy in challenge, group queue will be more incentivized. If they were the same, or if for some reason we leaned towards solo queue for incentivization, it would dramatically undercut the reason to do group queue in the first place. There's no reason to do something that's more difficult for less or equal rewards.

Is solo queue more popular? Absolutely. Polling will heavily reflect this as it's a more casual game mode. We don't need a poll to determine that.
Sounds great! 100% agree!
Don´t make the thing overcomplicated for the solo-pug 6vs6
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM