Recent Topics

Ads

Surrender Voting

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BeautfulToad

Surrender Voting

Post#1 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:07 pm

Should be a simple majority, or maybe two thirds majority. A couple people going afk means you can't surrender and have to wait until then end.

Ads
Sciberr

Re: Surrender Voting

Post#2 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:09 am

yes people who didn't vote shouldn't just be auto votes no... they didn't vote so they don't get a say in whether or not sc ends.

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 am

Sciberr wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:09 am yes people who didn't vote shouldn't just be auto votes no... they didn't vote so they don't get a say in whether or not sc ends.
I think it is not right 1-2 players can veto surrender votes.

I have found surrender voting is essentially used to troll other players. I played a series of scenarios against premades in the 16-39 bracket. These matches consisted of a group of destro players who were all high 30s, their team constantly had 1 or 2 extra players. Maybe eight matches in total, five of which i triggered a surrender vote. We would beat the group whenever we had more than two healers and equal number of players.

Except once, surrender voting was used by players to troll other players or just a source of conflict. One or two players would vote "no" and say that "you should not surrender in pvp". You would explain to them "we have one level 17 healer and they have extra players". They would then spend the rest of the time sitting in the warcamp hurling abuse at the other players.

Surrender votes are primarily a tool of griefing.

Boursk

Post#4 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:30 am

More importantly; stop letting the **** surrender window bypass the UI lock I put on it and still appear in the same spot.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

martholomew

Post#5 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:29 pm

ALL this. Yes. If I get put up against a literally impossible team with nothing but 4 heals and 2 DPS, and my team is just all DPS, I don't want to be forced to feed the other team RR at the cost of my own time and effort. A majority vote, period, should allow surrenders.
Magus 40/78

Ototo

Post#6 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 pm

Is the same reward for losing than for surrendering?

I was told the other day in-game that surrendering means zero rewards. If you are queuing to grind as solo DPS in an overpopulated realm, I can understand the vetoes to surrendering.

Otherwise, yeah, I hate to land in an impossible situation scenario. I have been in a couple of those 4heal+whatever vs 0heal+whatever, and is pretty much feeding renown to the team with healers.
Spoiler:

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 pm Is the same reward for losing than for surrendering?

I was told the other day in-game that surrendering means zero rewards. If you are queuing to grind as solo DPS in an overpopulated realm, I can understand the vetoes to surrendering.
You do get the consolation rewards for surrendering. That should not change. I think surrender is treated as a normal victory, it is just a shorter time.

Surrendering can only be triggered after a few mins so you cant just log in and surrender for emblems, it is primarily useful in situation when the other team doesnt push BOs and drag on imbalanced games for RR.

dalen
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:21 pm

Sciberr wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:09 am yes people who didn't vote shouldn't just be auto votes no... they didn't vote so they don't get a say in whether or not sc ends.
It should mean auto vote yes IMO. If they are too AFK to even vote they have already surrendered really.
Source Developer

Ads
Ototo

Post#9 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:31 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:09 pm
Ototo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 pm Is the same reward for losing than for surrendering?

You do get the consolation rewards for surrendering. That should not change. I think surrender is treated as a normal victory, it is just a shorter time.

Surrendering can only be triggered after a few mins so you cant just log in and surrender for emblems, it is primarily useful in situation when the other team doesnt push BOs and drag on imbalanced games for RR.
Thanks for the clarification :)
Spoiler: