Recent Topics

Ads

Ward system is boring

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
dshdf

Re: Ward system is boring

Post#21 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:11 am

Wards are fine.
You can get last ward in a month.
You can get all pve gear in less than 4 months doing pve ONLY 2h per week just by quest completion.
If you are determined enough you can get all pve gear in less than 2 months.
In the meanwhile how many invader pieces you will get doing rvr 2h per week in 4 months? 1 or 2
PVE is already fast and simple enough. almost half of the bosses just tank and spank, another 30% have ONE mechanic you care about.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#22 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:24 am

As a long time live player I find ppl complaining about the time it takes to complete the PvE sets in RoR very amusing. Now with this quests and the bags...
On live ppl used to park at least 1 or 2 toons outside the dungeon to leech the set pieces with a different career because drops were totally random and there was nothing else. Gunbad used to be a T3 dungeon and I have seen ppl with RR80 and later RR100 running through this dungeon for months just because they wanted to complete the set and didn't get the drops. PvE is really easy to complete here and ppl doing it constantly. Finding ppl for Gunbad or any other dungeon is quite easy.

Hypernia

Post#23 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:35 am

The ward system is fine. It takes literally 3 or 4 runs to get a full set minus 1 piece. You only need to do gunbad 3 times maximum and it's super easy.

Plus you can do all the dungeons concurrently.

Stop moaning. It's easy. If you don't like it don't do it. But you can't have the gear. Seems fair.

I don't like open rvr. It's a boring zergfest. But I have to do that to get genesis. Maybe let me get that through pve or SCs instead. Or you know, you have to play all parts of the game to get all the gear whether you like it or not.

Ototo

Post#24 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:39 am

Esperflame wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:54 am I don't mind a ward system. But the live version was more open and less grindy.
Your memory is flawed if you think that it was less grindy. Tyrant, the only relevant PvE set, hence the only one that people try for, could take months to get, and that being the less random of all set cause was the only that guaranteed drops for the classes of the party involved. In the meantime you needed the Odjira/Kamenra, and 3x more temporary talismans, each for a different piece of the set, meaning that you end up doing 5 dungeons/tombs on a weekly basis. So Farming Expeditions to open TotVL+Finding a group+PvE you wanted+Colossus+TotVL calculate around 7-8 hours of preparations plus 5-6 more of Zandri/PvE.

Before that it was Sentinel/Dark Promise for a lot of classes, until the rework of Sovereign that pretty much destroyed balance and made irrelevant all the other sets in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Zandri/PvE, but even when all PvE sets were made irrelevant you have a big long weekly chorus, and don't let me start in the broken 3x talisman slots of LotD.
Spoiler:

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#25 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 am

as people have pointed out, wards are there to ensure the lower dungeons are run for the lower characters, to not skip progression and to ensure hard work spent on making the dungeon work is not wasted.

This is not likely to change

Lithenir

Post#26 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:13 am

Natherul wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 am as people have pointed out, wards are there to ensure the lower dungeons are run for the lower characters, to not skip progression and to ensure hard work spent on making the dungeon work is not wasted.

Since I am very curious. Will we see Lost Vale one day again? Again in this case perhaps meaning since live :D

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#27 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:17 am

Lithenir wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:13 am
Natherul wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 am as people have pointed out, wards are there to ensure the lower dungeons are run for the lower characters, to not skip progression and to ensure hard work spent on making the dungeon work is not wasted.

Since I am very curious. Will we see Lost Vale one day again? Again in this case perhaps meaning since live :D
Since we want to recreate all dungeons... yes?

Lithenir

Post#28 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:19 am

Natherul wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:17 am
Lithenir wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:13 am

Since we want to recreate all dungeons... yes?
Just looking forward for it since it was my favorite dungeon

Ads
magusmitu

Post#29 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:29 am

could at least lower the requirements for getting the sets, like gunbad 2 times instead of 3, and city dg less punishing bosses or more drops from them, like 3 instead of 2 pieces, most are useless for 90% of the classes anyway

Ototo

Post#30 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:38 am

magusmitu wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:29 am could at least lower the requirements for getting the sets, like gunbad 2 times instead of 3, and city dg less punishing bosses
Here they are relatively easy. In live many bosses would completely wipe a rr80 party in full Sovereign, when the set was broken to ridiculous levels and allowed to rolfstomp all the other PvE and RvR content of the game.
Spoiler: