Recent Topics

Ads

Forts and invader medallions!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Armoz
Suspended

Forts and invader medallions!

Post#1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:28 pm

Hey guys!!

Back with another suggestion/idea!

Invader medallions and Forts have been a huge topic ever since they came out, so i thought i'd share my idea how the system could be designed so that everybody benefits from it!
  • Medallions
- All the medallions including Invader should drop only in RvR lakes and as a reward in the City siege!
- Have the droprate maybe lower or whatever suits best, but Forts should not drop any medallions!
- Introduce a new weapon line for Invader medallions, please dont force people into scenarios for better weapons. Let us choose please <3

That way more people would participate in RvR rather than wait for either side to push for forts.
We are all tired of seeing people show up only for forts, and get the contribution and slot reserved even after 2 minutes in the lake (i've had that happen to me a few times), and that's due to the fact that there aren't enough ppl playing RvR.
We see so many people talking about "why do you guys want to defend this keep, let them just push for fort because i want invaders" or that "well not all of us have full invader so why not let them push fort so we can get our stuff as well" Its not healthy i think.
And dont get me wrong, im not saying that we should hand out medallions for everybody and for free, but i think healty droprate would make people want to rvr more and not just wait forts!
  • Forts
- Redesign Fort reward system! Successful/Failed Defence and Successful/Failed Attack should yield different types of rewards.
- New set of accessories, Lots of renown, Talismans, Gold, Cosmetics, (could have a cool design event for the community and pick the best ones) maybe even New mounts and Titles! But no medallions!
- Maybe come up with new ways to play in Forts, not just mindless BO camping/capping! some other cool mechanics for the players to mess around with. Im sure we can think of something :)

Forts are the last line of defence in the region, so they should still be rewarding and fun but medallions dropping in rvr rather than forts would be beneficial for most players who play in RvR and dont get to be in forts as much.

Anyway, i hope this is something devs can think about and consider! At least as far as i know most people agree with this perspective when i mention it in /t4 chat and we have had some healthy and constructive discuassions about this topic and i'd say most people would prefer medallions drop only in RvR and that Forts should have a totally different rewards pool!

Thanks for taking your time to read this!!

See you in the lakes

Anvy <3

Ads
kallian

Re: Forts and invader medallions!

Post#2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:59 pm

I almost agree with you.
But!
There are alot of players who had full invader set and alot of who don't.
It is simply unfair to make any changes wich can make invader set more difficult to get.
Drop rate can't be solution because Guild WB makes much more kills then PUGs.

Ototo

Post#3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm

To be honest, all this long conversation of months about Invader will be made obsolete in a matter of weeks/days with the introduction of Warlord and Sovereign gear sets.
Spoiler:

zak68

Post#4 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:06 pm

i concur on medallions plus what if invader stat bonuses are time based and need fort contrib to be recharged where defensive stats are replenished by fort defence contrib and etc etc ?

Zxul

Post#5 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:33 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm To be honest, all this long conversation of months about Invader will be made obsolete in a matter of weeks/days with the introduction of Warlord and Sovereign gear sets.
Since that per Wargimmnir you will need Invader unlock to use the higher armors, no it won't be.

As in same way as Gunbad hadn't become obsolete, you are still going to have to redo it on every toon.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Dackle

Post#6 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:33 pm
Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:04 pm To be honest, all this long conversation of months about Invader will be made obsolete in a matter of weeks/days with the introduction of Warlord and Sovereign gear sets.
Since that per Wargimmnir you will need Invader unlock to use the higher armors, no it won't be.

As in same way as Gunbad hadn't become obsolete, you are still going to have to redo it on every toon.
If currency will down convert, invader should be pretty quick to get. Such as being able to quickluy equip characters with Conq breaking down Vanq tokens, and getting Vanq by breaking Invader tokens (if you choose.)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Dackle wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

If currency will down convert, invader should be pretty quick to get. Such as being able to quickluy equip characters with Conq breaking down Vanq tokens, and getting Vanq by breaking Invader tokens (if you choose.)
Royal crests and Invader Medallions won't down-convert. You'll still need to do the content. That's kind of a thing around here we've been sticking to the entire time.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Dackle

Post#8 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Royal crests and Invader Medallions won't down-convert. You'll still need to do the content. That's kind of a thing around here we've been sticking to the entire time.
RVR medallions down convert? Not sure I understand what you mean by "sticking to the entire time" In fact the conversion chests were added.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Dackle wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:09 pm

RVR medallions down convert? Not sure I understand what you mean by "sticking to the entire time" In fact the conversion chests were added.
RvR gear is for RvR content. Invader is Fort content. Warlord/Sov is City content.

The conversion chests were added with a minimum renown requirement to use them. You still need to do the work to get the renown and the drops to buy the chests. We found that to be a reasonable concession to get players up to speed once they were an appropriate level.

Mixing these rewards between the different kinds of content would invalidate whatever is considered "hardest" to do. That would break the flow of RvR as people simply don't show up to required content, which is why we're pretty set on keeping those rewards limited to that content. If you want to advance your characters, you'll need to be a part of the process from start to finish. Not skip your way through it by converting tons of medallions for participating in a city siege.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Dackle

Post#10 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:09 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:27 pm
Dackle wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:09 pm

RvR gear is for RvR content. Invader is Fort content. Warlord/Sov is City content.

The conversion chests were added with a minimum renown requirement to use them. You still need to do the work to get the renown and the drops to buy the chests. We found that to be a reasonable concession to get players up to speed once they were an appropriate level.

Mixing these rewards between the different kinds of content would invalidate whatever is considered "hardest" to do. That would break the flow of RvR as people simply don't show up to required content, which is why we're pretty set on keeping those rewards limited to that content. If you want to advance your characters, you'll need to be a part of the process from start to finish. Not skip your way through it by converting tons of medallions for participating in a city siege.
?

"Hardest" to do content is killing a higher renown player (and i don't mean mindless rofl-stomping with 200%+ population) not an afk "bot" at a fort or city instance until you get 220+ medallions. Define participate, as there appears to be a lot of shenanigans when it comes to contribution. I am sure you're on top of it.

I won't forget why they "had" to bring worn sov in the game as an after thought. Thank for at least concurring you did ADD the chests for conversion, which was my original point.

Your additional information and more clear explanation is appreciated.

Thanks.