Recent Topics

Ads

PVE Proposal for more PVP

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Xuhung

PVE Proposal for more PVP

Post#1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:32 am

Hello RoR Team
Hello Community

In the beginning, I would like to thank you for RoR!

My suggestion for the game would be to make PVE more accessible, especially in Solo & Duo groups while leveling. Unfortunately, you always lag behind with the gear while leveling, there are too few players on the way and some classes simply do not have a good time in the PVE during the leveling phase.

My suggestion to make leveling more accessible and fun in the solo duo groups would be a buff which strengthens the player(s). This scaled-down depending on the group in which the player is located in and is automatically deactivated if PVP comes upon the player/group.
I see so many players leveling low classes and having fun until they come to chapter 3 to 5. As reached thees chapters the number of players in PvE scales down drastically.
I also have the opinion that PvE is the backbone for PVP, if you have more people to get easily in touch with the game during PvE and just having fun leveling solo or in two up to three groups-friends-party, the numbers of the server rise and they will also try out PVP! Further, the economy grows too and you enlarge your player base.

Don't get me wrong, I love PVP and I want to see more PVP and fight more varieties of players, but like everything in the world nothing can stand alone without the other. We as PVP players need the PvE players to build up the gaps in the topic of skill, renown rank, gear recognition, etc.

Levelgear would also be an option but not the best. Leveling-gear should then be limited to jewelry so that you have still fun to look out for weapons/armor.

Thank you for your feedback

Many greetings to all

Ads
Ototo

Re: PVE Proposal for more PVP

Post#2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:32 pm

They stop at chapter 3 or 5 cause those are the locations of the first Warcamp. RvR is very good in the game, and people simply can't stop once tried.
Spoiler:

Xuhung

Post#3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Thank you for your responding Ototo

your statement tells me that nothing should be changed and everything is fine. I am very happy that you are as satisfied with everything as it is at the moment.
But wouldn't it be nice to have more players in total, and they may enjoy other content then PVP in the first place? =)

thank you for your contribution!

TiberiusD

Post#4 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:25 pm

I tried to gather people for Dungeons in the past, before Bastion Stair was implemented for Sewers, Gunbad and Crypts & Tunnels but I removed it due to lack of population. Order PvE discord is quite active in terms of looking for dungeons but I don't know how many groups are actually forming from there...
PvE is not that well know (sadly for me) and even if people is doing it, it's doing in Closed groups without any advert just in critical state (if one heal/tank Is needed since DPS market is overcrowded).
I Hope in the future to see more PvE activities from people and maybe then it will change something. But in current state and in near future I highly doubt it

Nastylicious

Post#5 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Dungeon group Finder tool ^^ "just like WoW" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ototo

Post#6 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 pm

TiberiusD wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:25 pm I tried to gather people for Dungeons in the past, before Bastion Stair was implemented for Sewers, Gunbad and Crypts & Tunnels but I removed it due to lack of population. Order PvE discord is quite active in terms of looking for dungeons but I don't know how many groups are actually forming from there...
PvE is not that well know (sadly for me) and even if people is doing it, it's doing in Closed groups without any advert just in critical state (if one heal/tank Is needed since DPS market is overcrowded).
I Hope in the future to see more PvE activities from people and maybe then it will change something. But in current state and in near future I highly doubt it
I have actually been lucky the times that I have use the discord group. And well, I'm hoping for the future to get LotD again. It was the perfect mix of PvE and PvP. It had a lot of epic PvE content in a PvP area, which in the end is exactly what WAR was all about.
Spoiler:

Xuhung

Post#7 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:42 pm

you guys addressing some interesting points here, people like dungeons and smaller groups, in PVP also.
I think it would be easier to get PvE dungeon groups together if PvE Public Quests were running more frequently. The PQ's are also a kind of dungeon's, with the advantage that these are not instantiated.

RvR is really fun, unfortunately, it is sometimes very boring if you only carry supplies around, the mass of the RvR group also helps to make you feel that you can idle now because it doesn't matter anyway. If I had the choice, I would rather do something different in such a situation, e.g. PVE.

furthermore, I believe that if the players can achieve character progress in other ways than the population of the sides would be more balanced. No matter how much you love your faction if you always lose, you change. But if you have other options to progress with friends or randoms you'll stay.