Recent Topics

Ads

DPS Zealot BUFF

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
retekelek

Re: DPS Zealot BUFF

Post#41 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:25 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm
And here's the fun part: that one viable debuff spec gets nerfed next patch as it got caught in the cross-fire in the DPS DOK nerf thread. The on-crit-heal-debuff tactics of both the Zealot and Rune Priest are getting the same treatment as the DoK one so will likely only proc on single target direct damage. How many viable non-healing specs does that leave the Zealot with? My personal Zealot spec (mostly healing but Chaotic Agitation taken along with the heal debuff tactic to put some pressure on the enemy when appropriate by turning on Harbinger) likely dies next patch as I become 100% pure healer as it's not worth trying to do anything else.
I hope thats not true... zealot chaotic agitation, which u use in most situtation to apply healdebuff in wb-s, (becuse whit winds of insanty/rite of agony u have to be front line) can be negated in many ways (even winds of insanty, they can punt u away) i mean not saying you only using this but u can cast that from safe distance, and run in psamming rite of agony whit chopa fasta when u start to owerwhelm enemy and the pressure from thier front line is dropped a bit, in my opinion, but i have more experinece in smallclae rather than wb.
agitation, since its a channelable spell, can be taunted, innteruted, punted, silenced; is the runi ability even removable whit shater encahtment or other blessing removing spell?
i mean not from pratical view like they will have so much buff and hot going on on them anyway, that probably theres no chance to get there, but is there any way from the theoretical side to negate that? i mean rune of battle blessing.

if that happens than jezus, it will really put an end to this off spec class if they aint do somethign else whit it, since only viable spec even whit the probelm that u have to be front line whit squshy class is aoe for smallscale too, not just for wb.

Ads
Omegus

Post#42 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:31 pm

Zomega: RR8x Zealot

retekelek

Post#43 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:51 pm

well if this will implemented and we know it will, than this class will need absulitly a rework, since for 6man party, aoe was the only viable option.
Not because u would have a so OP singletargets burst, it had a decent one, not gona blur (when u in mele range-main target predotted, recommendedly has knockback immunity so u dont fck up ur teammate mdps, than drop winds of insanty+chaoitc agitation) but dont get exited, not close good as a pure dps class. But for it u provided healdebuff for main target + u had pressure whit aoe and aoe healdebuff on ur enemy 6man for their enitre team; forcing their healers to could not just target heal their focused teammate. That how it could work. whiout aoe healdebuff thats gona loose the viabality not jsut for wb but for 6man too.

retekelek

Post#44 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:29 am

@Devs

After Aoe spec got completely destroyed, is there any chance of sooner or later will be time to look into dps zeal ST damage and buff it a bit to make it viable again?

Or should we dump into the trash all the time and effort we put into this class?
Trying to ask this not salty or ironically, but whit the new set of gears out, would like to know if i should dump out all the years of playing and grinding now, and play something else or we can except some light in the end of the tunnel about this class.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#45 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:10 pm

retekelek wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:29 am @Devs

After Aoe spec got completely destroyed, is there any chance of sooner or later will be time to look into dps zeal ST damage and buff it a bit to make it viable again?

Or should we dump into the trash all the time and effort we put into this class?
Trying to ask this not salty or ironically, but whit the new set of gears out, would like to know if i should dump out all the years of playing and grinding now, and play something else or we can except some light in the end of the tunnel about this class.
If you're not happy with your class, play something else. That seems like fairly universal advice.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

retekelek

Post#46 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:10 pm

If you're not happy with your class, play something else. That seems like fairly universal advice.
I was happy before Aoe and whit that, the class itself got destroyed, since that was the only viable way for 6man too.
I put a lot of effort into my zeal, getting full invader, farming out all pve gear, reach rr80+ if i knew that, that this will happen, i would put all those effort into something else.

What i suggest is make ST viable again, whit bossting a bit on single target abilities damage. So that called soo OP aoe healdebuff can stay on the way it is after nerf.

Jastojan

Post#47 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:25 pm

This is the best way to ask for a nerf... asking for a "buff" leads only to the nerf (here. Didnt you notice yet?). Dont ask for it anymore and listen to the Wargri... it does not make sense. I am laughing right now because, there is nerf after nerf on destro side (in RoR generaly) and classes like Zealot (or ranged SH, mara...) are like a joke when it comes to DPS. I tried to come back to play my zealot and SH again, but, nah. Still you have the possibility to choose other class.

retekelek

Post#48 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:39 pm

Jastojan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:25 pm
This is the best way to ask for a nerf... asking for a "buff" leads only to the nerf (here. Didnt you notice yet?).
Strongly disagree, its a purpose that we have a place for forums, and i know exatcly from where and how this nerf exaleted, nopthing to do whit this topic.

Ads
Jastojan

Post#49 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:59 pm

retekelek wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:39 pm
This is the best way to ask for a nerf... asking for a "buff" leads only to the nerf (here. Didnt you notice yet?).
Strongly disagree, its a purpose that we have a place for forums, and i know exatcly from where and how this nerf exaleted, nopthing to do whit this topic.
Asking for a buff will lead to nerf - it was ironic (but who knows) :D Yes, we have a place to discuss. We can write about things we like, we dont like etc. ... bla bla. That´s all. Devs can only laugh, because we are spending our time... What I noticed is, that devs have strange way to implement changes (big changes especially) in the game (sometimes I understand their... silence - due to hatespeech, blaming ...). But even if you think your words could be heard, they wont... your only chance is to forget the zealot if you dont like it as it is or you should choose othe class. As wargrimn wrote. And my advice to you is the same. If you dont like the zealot for its crap dmg, you should try archmage or other char. Believe me, I had same wish as you have. Zealot should be buffed a bit, because its dmg is realy realy poor and you cant do decent dps. But it is wasting of a time asking for it. How long did it take to them to "nerf" WL? How many times players wrote that WL dmg burst is sick? I know that big ST dmg burst is all what WL has and I am NOT a fun of nerfs, but it was just an example. So the best you can do if you want to enjoy the game is to choose other class you like.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#50 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Jastojan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:59 pm
retekelek wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:39 pm
Asking for a buff will lead to nerf - it was ironic (but who knows) :D Yes, we have a place to discuss. We can write about things we like, we dont like etc. ... bla bla. That´s all. Devs can only laugh, because we are spending our time... What I noticed is, that devs have strange way to implement changes (big changes especially) in the game (sometimes I understand their... silence - due to hatespeech, blaming ...). But even if you think your words could be heard, they wont... your only chance is to forget the zealot if you dont like it as it is or you should choose othe class. As wargrimn wrote. And my advice to you is the same. If you dont like the zealot for its crap dmg, you should try archmage or other char. Believe me, I had same wish as you have. Zealot should be buffed a bit, because its dmg is realy realy poor and you cant do decent dps. But it is wasting of a time asking for it. How long did it take to them to "nerf" WL? How many times players wrote that WL dmg burst is sick? I know that big ST dmg burst is all what WL has and I am NOT a fun of nerfs, but it was just an example. So the best you can do if you want to enjoy the game is to choose other class you like.
I read pretty much every post on the forums my dudes. When you have feedback, I read it. Good feedback gets taken back to the balance channel to see if it's worth pursuing. The best place for balance suggestions are on the balance forums. Despite not using them much for discussion, we do pull from them for ideas frequently. If you can manage to keep the venom from seeping into your posts about how frustrated you are and simply present some good options to improve underperforming skills and specs, it really does go a long way. I'm not out here trying to make people happy, particularly if they're going to yell in the face of any staff member who gives them the time of day. I don't care how good your ideas are if you're a jerk, and I might go out of my way to squish ideas brought up by jerks. Very petty like that.

Balance currently works like this.
We pick up an ability that is being problematic one way or another through a variety of channels. Forums, discord, balance suggestions, feedback. Wherever. Much as I would prefer a single funnel in, it doesn't work that way ever. So that's fine.
We decide whether that ability needs to be looked at from a variety of perspectives. Warband, small group play, even 1v1 in rare instances. Skilled players or pugs. Doesn't matter much. You can bet if a skill can be outright exploited we're gonna nerf it into sanity, regardless of the underperforming spec it hurts. Buffs are a lot harder to get traction on, particularly if we see demonstrations that high levels of skilled play are viable. Some specs are simply more challenging than others. Like DPS Z/RP.
We kick across some of our own initial ideas, then we go look at suggested ideas from the community (usually in the balance forum suggestions). Sometimes we need to discuss deeper issues, sometimes other abilities get rolled into the same discussion. That's usually when you see more than one ability changed at a time. Almost always comes from the same conversation.
BIG BIG IF !~ we manage to agree on a potential change, it gets kicked into the patch notes. We should probably give better explanation when we do, but people aren't always interested in putting themselves out there to be attacked.
Then we wait for the immediate hostility and salt to pass. Wait another week to actually see changes in progress. See how people adapt to it and see if it impacts play as intended.
Usually we make tweaks at this point, post-deployment review if necessary, but not usually. It's pretty rare to rollback a change entirely.

So you get to decide which part of that process you want to be involved in. Want to make cringe posts on the forum begging for buffs for your poor dying class? Better hope it strikes a chord with the people who might possibly balance it some day. Otherwise you're wasting your own time. For DPS Z/RP I would really strongly suggest looking at how some of the balance proposals are laid out, and work on that format, then kick it into the proposals section. The more vocal DPS Z/RP players here have poisoned the well of public discourse for quite a while already.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog