Recent Topics

Ads

DPS Zealot BUFF

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ekundu01

Re: DPS Zealot BUFF

Post#31 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:10 pm
retekelek wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:03 am 1. u will often find yourself in situations, where u want to kill healers, so at that time u dont want to see this "disrupt disrupt disrupt" :D
2. dont think theres other way for it, but main reason is point 1.
3. yeah thats what u make usefull in the party. Whit aoe spec=lot of pressure but since i wrote u need to be frontline and agaisnt a good premade its not gone work out well and ST aint has enough extra kick to make the kill happen.
4. its really usefull in roaming and good in 6v6 still u need ST spec to have it and reason u not ST is in point 3. :)
1. Will doesn't adds all that much disrupt- don't remember the formula, but that extra 100 intel adds something like 2% or less less disrupt from will. Would loose some intel, and gain -%less to be disrupted instead.
2. Obvious one is crit- would max it. Also might be worth experimenting with Waves of Chaos instead of Scourged Warping- not sure for how much it hits in RoR (only had a dps zealot on live), but its a proc so should ignore toughness mitigation. Also, you are probably using Tzeench's Talon?
And also- you abilities dmg scales with points in tree. Try maxing Alchemy out- 15 points up- even without taking the m4.
Waves of chaos is trash outside of anything other then tagging people in a door for renown leaching. Career builder shows it as 30 foot but in game it is actually a 10foot radius. You can side step and be out of it. Scourged warping is better for dps but it can be wasted if you are casting scourge and it procs so if you run it the only reason to use it is really to add burst or straight kiting and only using scourge when it procs.

Zealot and RP both suffer from having no real defined specs like other healers have. Both WP/DoK, and AM/Shaman have specific specs, healing, dps, support.
Trismack

Ads
retekelek

Post#32 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:19 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57 pm
Zxul wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:10 pm
retekelek wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:03 am 1. u will often find yourself in situations, where u want to kill healers, so at that time u dont want to see this "disrupt disrupt disrupt" :D
2. dont think theres other way for it, but main reason is point 1.
3. yeah thats what u make usefull in the party. Whit aoe spec=lot of pressure but since i wrote u need to be frontline and agaisnt a good premade its not gone work out well and ST aint has enough extra kick to make the kill happen.
4. its really usefull in roaming and good in 6v6 still u need ST spec to have it and reason u not ST is in point 3. :)
1. Will doesn't adds all that much disrupt- don't remember the formula, but that extra 100 intel adds something like 2% or less less disrupt from will. Would loose some intel, and gain -%less to be disrupted instead.
2. Obvious one is crit- would max it. Also might be worth experimenting with Waves of Chaos instead of Scourged Warping- not sure for how much it hits in RoR (only had a dps zealot on live), but its a proc so should ignore toughness mitigation. Also, you are probably using Tzeench's Talon?
And also- you abilities dmg scales with points in tree. Try maxing Alchemy out- 15 points up- even without taking the m4.
Waves of chaos is trash outside of anything other then tagging people in a door for renown leaching. Career builder shows it as 30 foot but in game it is actually a 10foot radius. You can side step and be out of it. Scourged warping is better for dps but it can be wasted if you are casting scourge and it procs so if you run it the only reason to use it is really to add burst or straight kiting and only using scourge when it procs.

Zealot and RP both suffer from having no real defined specs like other healers have. Both WP/DoK, and AM/Shaman have specific specs, healing, dps, support.
waves of chaos is have its role, but only in wb-s, yeah it damage is a joke, u have 30 sec cd on it, if enemy move from it in a push/counterpush situation than u know... worthless if noone stainding on it, and the area of effetc is only the size of ur ritual circle animation size, pluss its aint a granted crit meaning aint a granted healdebuff and last but not least its working like a dot procing on every 3 second if im right, so people can run tru it whiout gatting a damage from it, but still its more usefull in wb scale than single target damage boost. but for 6man/solo/smallace fighting dont use it.

i rarelly casting Scourge in ST or in aoe spec smallscle fighting. u use it to have more burst whit it. start doting a few enemy up than use ur team focused target (if procced insta scourge), tzeench cry, (if procced insta scourge), storm of ravens like wating 2 second to proc the the second damage from the channeling spell (if procced insta scourge), tzeench cry (if procced insta scourge)... i think ur bread and butter is that tatic for ST. it will be ur main damage source. becuse wating to cast a 2 second spell that do undgarded targets 800-1100 crit / 2 second not gona do much. thats easily healable.

Zxul

Post#33 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:50 pm

Anyway trying to remind how did I spec my dps zealot on live, since I wasn't using Alchemy even for a single target.

How much dmg Chaotic Agitation actually does here, compared to Storm of Ravens? On live I was using Chaotic Agitation even for single target.
Edit: Just tested on a 20 sh zealot which I got, with same setup Storm hits for 315, while Agitation for 299. Considering the ap cost difference, Agitation might still be worth speccing over Storm.

Also, how about using Mirror of Madness covered by some other debuffs for spike?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

retekelek

Post#34 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:18 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:50 pm Anyway trying to remind how did I spec my dps zealot on live, since I wasn't using Alchemy even for a single target.

How much dmg Chaotic Agitation actually does here, compared to Storm of Ravens? On live I was using Chaotic Agitation even for single target.
Edit: Just tested on a 20 sh zealot which I got, with same setup Storm hits for 315, while Agitation for 299. Considering the ap cost difference, Agitation might still be worth speccing over Storm.

Also, how about using Mirror of Madness covered by some other debuffs for spike?
well problem if u dont have alchemy than u cant have ap ritual, and even whit the ritual on, u gona pop AP potions on cd in a competitive match, since this class really ap hungry. if u have mates to play whit and have healer zealot in party, u can try some other spec, still for ST scourge is a big damage source, so i dont think it would worth mid and last tree to go for

Ravens do more damage and also it has a snare effect. Mirror is actually not a completely useless spell, its adds good pressure, but the problem whit it, if u go for it, than u cant have stagger and it has 2 sec cast time and 10 sec CD and in a 6man u can have a lot of rapid target changes.

anyway just a tip, which aint gona sound good, and u can try do it differently, but this class whitout gear and rr will be a real pain, u need high gear and rr70+ to have the stuffs u need , so its better to play as healer until it.

kmark101

Post#35 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:13 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:17 am
Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:50 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:42 am
Spoiler:

It utterly boggles my mind that an actual player has said this

I was flabbergasted when the devs said it but I’ve given up trying to make sense of some of their decisions

But a player? On what grounds can you honestly say this? That not every class has to be viable for every level of play when you got classes like marauder that’s great for every type of content at every level of play vs another class that you invest just as long in to grind out renown and gear only to be told “no your class want special enough for arbitrary reasons so you suck and are undesirable for this type of play too bad”

Some type of warning should be put on character creation then
Maybe I agree with the choices of the devs to restore the idea of the game that Mythic had? Idk, like crazy idea. Same that I don't expect that a heal spec SM turns into an actual healer. You specced it and that is fine, but don't expect my support to give the class actual active healing skills.

The rest is some kind of twisted way to turn my words to sound like "I don't want new players here". I have such the opposite idea that I normally go to the starting zones and gift away a lot of items, talis, pots, etc... But no, I hate new players cause I think that healers are to heal, DPSs to dd and tanks to withstand it. Or to sound like I have no empathy for the situation. I must have a very corrupted mind to think such ideas... Probably better to quarantine me. How dare I say to a person that ranked a healer class that is not my idea of game play to make it good for all DPS situations. You are both right. Zealots should be rewarded with a pure DPS tree once they hit rr80. Healing on a healer class? That's for noobs....
Completely missed the point of what I was saying nor did I say you “hate new players”

My question to you was specifically why should some classes be non viable at all levels of play when there are classes in this game viable at every level of play

and no the devs are not “restoring the idea of the game mythic had”, RoR has long since deviated from it
[/spoiler]

You got some pretty bad logic here. This game was designed with separate archetypes. Zealot is a healer archetype class, so he excels in healing in every game mode, as it should be. It's not like they are handicapped in any game mode. However, it's dps spec should not be top notch in every game mode, that is the job of the dps archtype classes. It's dps spec is viable, it has problems like low numbers, just like when the tank archetype classes try to dps. This is exactly how it should be.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Zxul

Post#36 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:30 am

The spec which I was using back on live:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5737,5740

For solo roaming, it was 4 dots (WR, Lash, mark and Demon Spittle) and 2 instacasts while they are getting close, then Winds +Chaotic Agitation channel. For keeps/scs, it was aoe spam. Back then, if they run out of los/range it wouldn't interrupt the channel, fun times.

Anyway might try it eventually. Btw, one tip which might help- on several toons which are ap hungry I'm using lvl 38 purple jewelry with mainstat+ap genen over genesis, gives a nice spirit resist mod as well.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

TenTonHammer

Post#37 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 pm

kmark101 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:13 am

Maybe I agree with the choices of the devs to restore the idea of the game that Mythic had? Idk, like crazy idea. Same that I don't expect that a heal spec SM turns into an actual healer. You specced it and that is fine, but don't expect my support to give the class actual active healing skills.

The rest is some kind of twisted way to turn my words to sound like "I don't want new players here". I have such the opposite idea that I normally go to the starting zones and gift away a lot of items, talis, pots, etc... But no, I hate new players cause I think that healers are to heal, DPSs to dd and tanks to withstand it. Or to sound like I have no empathy for the situation. I must have a very corrupted mind to think such ideas... Probably better to quarantine me. How dare I say to a person that ranked a healer class that is not my idea of game play to make it good for all DPS situations. You are both right. Zealots should be rewarded with a pure DPS tree once they hit rr80. Healing on a healer class? That's for noobs....
Completely missed the point of what I was saying nor did I say you “hate new players”

My question to you was specifically why should some classes be non viable at all levels of play when there are classes in this game viable at every level of play

and no the devs are not “restoring the idea of the game mythic had”, RoR has long since deviated from it
[/spoiler]

You got some pretty bad logic here. This game was designed with separate archetypes. Zealot is a healer archetype class, so he excels in healing in every game mode, as it should be. It's not like they are handicapped in any game mode. However, it's dps spec should not be top notch in every game mode, that is the job of the dps archtype classes. It's dps spec is viable, it has problems like low numbers, just like when the tank archetype classes try to dps. This is exactly how it should be.
I wasn’t talking specifically about zealot but other classes like WL who’s good in small scale but miserable in large scale/WB play

retekelek

Post#38 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:23 pm

kmark101 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:13 am

[/spoiler]

i dont know if its should be like that, DPS DoK atm is in meta for 6man destro even whit the recent nerf. they have high damage/burst and good healdbuff and has self sustian whit healing abilites from damage.

Ads
Omegus

Post#39 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm

kmark101 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:13 amYou got some pretty bad logic here. This game was designed with separate archetypes. Zealot is a healer archetype class, so he excels in healing in every game mode, as it should be. It's not like they are handicapped in any game mode. However, it's dps spec should not be top notch in every game mode, that is the job of the dps archtype classes. It's dps spec is viable, it has problems like low numbers, just like when the tank archetype classes try to dps. This is exactly how it should be.
Firstly, a "DPS spec" with low numbers is not viable. Not everything needs to be at maxed out BW/Sorc levels of damage but the numbers need to mean something. The Zealot doesn't have a viable DPS spec, i.e. a spec where you want to inflict meaningful damage even though every tree is packed with damage abilities to take. What it does have is a viable AoE healing debuff spec. This doesn't actually involve doing any meaningful damage, only getting critical hits on the enemy. The crits can be and usually are low damage as you only want it for the heal debuff proc. You're generally only stacking intel to try and reduce the chance of being disrupted as the damage scaling is quite bad. The main ability you have for spreading the AoE crits either fixes you in place (Chaotic Agitation) or has a 5 second cooldown (Rite if Agony) which requires you to be paired with a cooldown-reducing class to be able to spam them for a short duration.

And here's the fun part: that one viable debuff spec gets nerfed next patch as it got caught in the cross-fire in the DPS DOK nerf thread. The on-crit-heal-debuff tactics of both the Zealot and Rune Priest are getting the same treatment as the DoK one so will likely only proc on single target direct damage. How many viable non-healing specs does that leave the Zealot with? My personal Zealot spec (mostly healing but Chaotic Agitation taken along with the heal debuff tactic to put some pressure on the enemy when appropriate by turning on Harbinger) likely dies next patch as I become 100% pure healer as it's not worth trying to do anything else.

It's a shame that outside of it's core healing kit the Zealot has so many broken and/or lacklusture abilities which the devs haven't found much - if any - time to look at, but they managed to find the time to remove one of the few things that actually worked and had use.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

AxelF

Post#40 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:57 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm It's a shame that outside of it's core healing kit the Zealot has so many broken and/or lacklusture abilities which the devs haven't found much - if any - time to look at, but they managed to find the time to remove one of the few things that actually worked and had use.
This sums up the state of Zealot and RP perfectly.

There have been a number of really interesting proposals over the years for rearranging the mess that are Zealot/RP mastery trees, and giving them the potential to play in anything other than the one spec they have. Instead of that, the only other half viable build is being deleted. Bravo.