Recent Topics

Ads

Sovereign set redesign ideas/feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
WarKan666

Re: Sovereign set redesign ideas/feedback

Post#31 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 pm
WarKan666 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:09 pm

TL:DR gib Bloordlord 2.0 and make LV just nice weps/jewelry
You're kind of a **** when you talk about what failures devs are.
And how sad and disappointed you are. It's pretty easy to ignore you because of it. I wouldn't expect that attitude to result in any of your desires being fulfilled outside of total coincidence.
ok boomer

Ads
VkdswWH

Post#32 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:26 pm

Mara
def Sov
2 wounds
3 tough
4 str
5 parry
6 reducedcritchance
7 800absorb-5s-ICD
5 parts bonus +734 armor its a awesome bonus.
Put your useless "+parry bonus" ideas in your... please. because def mara it's all about amore stacking.
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Aurandilaz

Post#33 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:42 pm

VkdswWH wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:26 pm
Mara
def Sov
2 wounds
3 tough
4 str
5 parry
6 reducedcritchance
7 800absorb-5s-ICD
Put your useless "+parry bonus" ideas in your... please. because def mara it's all about amore stacking.
IDK, but personally I do not consider it balanced, if a class that has the ability to ignore attackers armor pen, and has 8 talismans slots in which to add 160-180arm talis, and +800 arm pot, and base of medium armor gear (+2400 in sov?), resulting in the option of being able to gain over 5k armor on a non-tank class. Especially also bit unfair, considering other classes like choppa have the same bonus x 0.5 due to mechanic, or clothies with half of the same value but costing as much in Sov gear + bonus stacking.

VkdswWH

Post#34 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:00 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:42 pm
IDK, but personally I do not consider it balanced, if a class that has the ability to ignore attackers armor pen, and has 8 talismans slots in which to add 160-180arm talis, and +800 arm pot, and base of medium armor gear (+2400 in sov?), resulting in the option of being able to gain over 5k armor on a non-tank class. Especially also bit unfair, considering other classes like choppa have the same bonus x 0.5 due to mechanic, or clothies with half of the same value but costing as much in Sov gear + bonus stacking.
Monstro marauder initially been designed for high armored tree with survivability + armor its a ture def mara bonus. He sacrifice his damage to survivability but he still just a peniata for magic classes.
class that has the ability to ignore attackers armor
And one remarck. it's a 5 sec buff with 25% proc chance.

Choppa - mele glass canon with hight aoe damage. if choppa have useless for him bonus "+ amor" its a choppa problem and problem of choppa def sov set. This is not marauder problem and its not marauder balance problem.
You propose to make sovereign def set worse than a dominator set for def marauder. it's ridiculous and strange.
"+ parry" is a bonus just for choppa, but not for the marauder
Last edited by VkdswWH on Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Jinxypie

Post#35 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:42 pm
VkdswWH wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:26 pm
Mara
def Sov
2 wounds
3 tough
4 str
5 parry
6 reducedcritchance
7 800absorb-5s-ICD
IDK, but untill a class has the ability to ignore 100% of your parry(hi slayers), one would always prefer armor as a bonus.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

adapter
Suspended

Post#36 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:36 am

I can talk about the Choppa/Slayer sets, the 3 of them are so badly put. They are not in any way BiS, even Vanquisher/something else is better than a full royal set.

We need real BiS full sets for high renowns, we need developer that knows how careers specs work so we can have useful sets.

So far i've been farming Royal Crests for just the appereance of it XD
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#37 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:44 am

WarGlammer wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:32 pm Interesting all 3 DoK's sets, Warlord and both Sov, all have block things on them. Is the DOK supposed to be exlusively shield now? Or are you supposed to equip the entire set and just keep the useless stats, Like Vanquisher AP buff, or block for healers? Why do we not ask the community about sets BEFORE we make them instead of making sets that are very undesirable for half of the classes. It's like whoever is making the class sets has never played half the classes in the game. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's a fact and there is no other way to say that. But you look at certain classes like the Engie who has had absolute gangster sets for the longest time, along with their swissarmy knife utility kit.

Indirectly nerfing a class by giving it bad armor, and then ignoring community posts SO those bad armors stay. Then when criticized, "Maybe if you ask nicer, we won't blatantly ignore your questions on why the armor is trash, just give us suggestions instead, and be extremely nice about it. In fact, call me Sir." While ignoring every single suggestion on the thread that was responded to. When you do respond, you literally pick 1 thing of your choice from an entire onslaught of things in a post, and only respond to that because it's the easiest to defeat.

These poor armor sets are intended 100%, and they are indirect nerfs that they don't have to explain in patch notes and justify to the rabble. Anyone who is about to post 2 hours worth of their time into a "Please give me a useful armor set." Post, please go do something useful with your time. You will only waste it here.
Haven't been ignoring posts at all, on the contrary have been asking for community feedback. There were something like 570 pieces of armor created in a relatively short time by a couple of people, and we knew full well they would be going through adjustments based on community feedback.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

adapter
Suspended

Post#38 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:29 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:44 am
WarGlammer wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:32 pm
Interesting all 3 DoK's sets, Warlord and both Sov, all have block things on them. Is the DOK supposed to be exlusively shield now? Or are you supposed to equip the entire set and just keep the useless stats

Why do we not ask the community about sets BEFORE we make them instead of making sets that are very undesirable for half of the classes. It's like whoever is making the class sets has never played half the classes in the game.

Indirectly nerfing a class by giving it bad armor

These poor armor sets are intended 100%, and they are indirect nerfs that they don't have to explain in patch notes and justify to the rabble.
Haven't been ignoring posts at all, on the contrary have been asking for community feedback. There were something like 570 pieces of armor created in a relatively short time by a couple of people, and we knew full well they would be going through adjustments based on community feedback.
I agree that by asking players before implementing the new sets their opinions and desires on what a High Level BiS Set would be, is the right way of implementing the Royal Sets. Instead we were given a lot of non-functional sets for many careers.

I totally understand that if only a couple of people worked on a short period of time on the new sets, this sets would come out as poor ones. This is why we need players feedback and it has been delivered, the community has spoken and we have posted it loud and clear, we need better sets.

I strongly suggest that we need a group of high level players that know a lot of their main careers to work alongside with Set Developers, a group of players for every career, to coordinate and by teamwork give to the community better and functional BiS Sets.

I wish the best of ideas to the developers, i know devs will make the right calls.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#39 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:52 am

dether wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:26 pm The problem with masteries is that for some builds bring something op but for others totally nothing.
Its not a bad idea no one said that but having to farm this set for a year as a casual and get nothing from those 2 points compared to some other class it may feel bad .
Its a class design issue atm more than a set design if some classes it would be nice if all classes had more options like those you mention so its a cool design but not fair i think
Yeah the fairness argument is pretty good one, I agree. I'm not going to be terribly mad if devs decide to switch +2 mastery for something else (extra melee/magic/heal pow, boost proc or whatever), at least that way everyone gets something and nobody has to deal with useless set bonus in their best in slot gear. That being said, I would LOVE to see +x mastery points somehow implemented somewhere in future, maybe in some kind of jewelry set akin to Winds Impervious.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

dether

Post#40 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:52 am

Seems like people spend more time to write complains than suggestions on forums anyway ,instead of writing 15 rows saying that a specific bonus is bullshit try to add some alternative options.

I think if devs wants to get a bit more feedback they should open one thread for each class or maybe someone player could do it and discuss a specific set not 3 post in a row of x set then 2 for y and more importantly throwing **** to each other for suggesting something is not gonna help at all.

Back to the sets i believe that the power spike is not the same for all the classes, some classes will make good use of those 2 masteries points some others will just go for 5pieces and mix it , is it a set problem or a class design thats the question here.
Instead of that +2 bonus why not get something related to that tree something more class specific like a healer dok to get a chance on heal to make their heal stronger for x sec or direct heals got a chance add a hot or just something that defines that tree or gameplay, the +2 mastery it would make more sense if we didnt had dead tactics or abilities on specific trees overall.

Devs are willing to make changes and that means that eventually this sets will get in a good spot .