Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] Royal sets

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wonshot

[BW] Royal sets

Post#1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:53 pm

First of all I think the sets are pretty nice, and just need a final touch of finetuneing and the direction has been good!

Warlord:
If the goal with this set is to be a singletarget middletree set (based of the +2mastery point to Immolation) A few suggestions I would make:

2piece bonus 75int
3piece bonus 83 wounds
4piece bonus 6%strikethrough
5piece bonus 99magicpower
6piece bonus +2immolation mastery
7piece bonus: On Hit: 20%chance to increase all damage taken by your target by 4% for 10seconds.

The current 10%chance on a set that is heavily reliant on timestamping burst with very few dotticks rolling before setting up the combo allows for pretty low chance of getting this bonus effect rolling on your target when you try to stamp them. Doubling the chance and making dots be able to apply it so the 1-2 ignite ticks before the Boiling blood burst comes in will give a decent chance of applying this bonus to the combo.
Keeping this proc singletarget is probably fine.

Defensive Sov:
If the goal here is to make a defensive aoe sov set it needs adjustments as it doesnt cover any of the "needs" from a closerange aoe build

2piece bonus 80 int
3piece bonus 88wounds
4piece bonus 367armor bonus and +350armor bonus on Shield of Aqshy 990 current value
5piece bonus 6reduction in being critically hit
6piece bonus: Whenever you use Shield of Aqshy you are instantly healed for 2500 hp.
7piece bonus 10%chance on hit to reduce TARGETS movementspeed by 40% for 10sec.

Tieing the set to a core class ability giving it more classidentity on a defensive set, instead of +2mastery points to a spec that is not in that high demand of mastery pouints and prior to Royal sets had a leftover mastery point with no use for it. Giving a squisy frontline build a little bit of selfsustain on a purely utility & defensive set is not over the top I think, it helps this set get where it should be. A frontline debuffing set for warbandleaders with some more tankiness.
Having the aoe snare as a minimum proc on AOE targets is a MUST or this bonus is dead on arrival.

Offensive Sov:
2piece bonus 80int
3piece bonus 88wounds
4piece bonus 15%critdamage
5piece bonus 6%critchance
6piece bonus 2path of incineration mastery points ( I would personally had loved the Conflag to be on this set, but having the main set be on the most flexible mastery tree is understandable)
7piece bonus: 10% chance to increase all damage taken by your TARGETS by 4-5% for 10sec

Once again the singletarget proc currently on 7piece bonus on offensive sov + warlord makes these sets only attractive for scenario and smallscale play. Where as the class is seeing more play and succes in largescale. This setbonus only working on whoever you have targeted instead of procing on all targets you hit, is enough to stop the desire to going higher than 4piece mix and combine it with 4piece onslaught for largescale gearing. Tecnically the perfect desire would have been to see a Boost proc instead of this bonus, as that is what you are giving up going for full set. But either a boost proc or making this current proc work on multiple targets will be enough to push the desire over to go for the full set.

The granted ability is fun and fine i think.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Re: [BW] Royal sets

Post#2 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:18 pm

"Persuading 101 by Bombling"

It seems your only desire is to make BW AoE close range even more stronger than what already is, since that's the only way you play your BW, spamming 3 buttons in a 360°area of effect.

If you feel alright with how it is already, why do you want it to change?

Here, i save you some of the biased adding this post has.

wonshot wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:53 pm First of all I think the sets are pretty nice, and just need a final touch of finetuneing and the direction has been good!

Keeping this proc singletarget is probably fine.

If the goal here is to make a defensive aoe sov set it needs adjustments as it doesnt cover any of the "needs" from a closerange aoe build

Having the aoe snare as a minimum proc on AOE targets is a MUST or this bonus is dead on arrival.

Where as the class is seeing more play and succes in largescale.

This setbonus only working on whoever you have targeted instead of procing on all targets you hit, is enough to stop the desire to going higher than 4piece

boost proc or making this current proc work on multiple targets will be enough to push the desire over to go for the full set.

The granted ability is fun and fine i think.

A lot of other careers have the same "discomfort" about the bonuses, it's not supossed to always gives you what you want, it needs to fullfill every aspect of the career, it's 3 sets, 1 for each mastery tree, 1 for each spec either be ranged, defensive, aoe, stats oriented, crit oriented, etc...gotta learn to addapt to the sets and create your own unique mixture of pieces or go full at one in particular.

One thing i've learned about playing MMORPGs it that you can't always get what you want.

It doesn't need to fullfill your needs of Bomb WB Bombling. I highly recomend you to try out another way of playing the BW, there's a variety of ways to play the Bright Wizzard, not just spamming AoE.

Trying to persuade Devs into Buffing your BW Build is the ultimate biased player i've ever seen. The AoE Close Range BW is so strong right now, everyone knows it, either your play alongside it or against it, you can easily notice how strong the AoE is and asking for it to get buffed it just blows my mind.

I suggest you to check out Zaxxond and Zarbix way of playing the Bright Wizzard in Scenario, since they are getting succes in smallscale, you may even learn something.
Last edited by adapter on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

wonshot

Post#3 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:34 pm

The devs asked for suggestions on the official RoR discord for how to finetune the sets, I just chipped in. Take it or leave it :)

https://i.imgur.com/bciNS6p.jpg

If my only concirn was just towards my own playstyle, i wouldnt even had bothered mentioned the 2 other set. But I did because I care about my class and representing it's interest in all aspects. But gratz on being so instantly triggered by seeing my name, that you jumped streigh to bias. :lol: I dont know about you, but this is endgame sets on an alpha server, Im just trying to imagine what a nightmare of a gear puzzle it must be to juggle 3 new sets compare them to the previous ones, on all careers and try to make it not give too much powercreep but still keep it appealing to grind them. I would like the sets to be actually Best in slot, and right now they might not be, so with my experience and knowledge i try to help out, as it was requested.

Do you even play sorc/bw or what are you doing in this topic, because I dont hear aboutthing related to the subject?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

adapter
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:36 pm

wonshot wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:34 pm
Do you even play sorc/bw or what are you doing in this topic, because I dont hear aboutthing related to the subject?
That's it not a reason to not come and reply to this topic. I play the game just like you and reading a Suggestion Topic on how to make AoE BW even more stronger would alarm anyone.

Instead of trying to make 1 overpowered career even more stronger that already is, why not talk about the weaker ones and aim for a better quality balance? It seems you don't really care for the greater good of everyone else in the server but only care about your fellowships bomb bright wizzard that loves to spamm aoe.

And since this topic is about making broken overpowered careers even more stronger! let's suggest a buff to White Lions damage improvement and a Shadow Warrior higher critical chance, because, why not?

Zaxxond

Post#5 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Lol Adapter.... Destro whine is complete when "Buff WL" is inevitably mentioned.

IMO single target BW's need some love.

Bomb Spec BW's are cancers and hero's of the Order realm all at the same time.

adapter
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:40 pm Lol Adapter.... Destro whine is complete when "Buff WL" is inevitably mentioned.

IMO single target BW's need some love.

Bomb Spec BW's are cancers and hero's of the Order realm all at the same time.
Yeah, that's why i mentioned to improve WL and SW, they need buffs.

BW single target spec is good and could be an interested topic to talk about.

adamthelc

Post#7 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:58 pm

Everything looks fine except maybe defensive sovereign. Cool idea and if they made the set bonuses specifically for each class it wouldnt be a problem. But if they make set bonuses for mirrors instead of individual classes the stuff involving shield of ashy wont translate evenly to a sorc.

Sure you could probably find an amount of resists you think is even to that armor bonus or you could even add an armor bonus to Shroud of Darkness. But even if you did that they have different CDs so BWs would be getting that self heal more often, which would make it a better set bonus for them. You could make it a heal over time based on duration to even it out, but that's probably not what you were going for.

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Assuming sets are somewhat mirrored, the extra buffed shield of aqshy makes very limited sense for Sorc, as said above. Maybe both should be made "equal" and give somewhat decent numbers of both resis+armor.
If both get then the 60s CD, then maybe "3rd heal pot" might be OK.
Offensive Sov would be several tiers higher gear vs Warlord, effectively ensuring no one would get the Warlord here. 4pc crit modifier allows combining with OS, creating another abomination. Targets taking 5% more AoE dmg is again a big maybe, it's not massive, but it's still maybe too much for one of the best bomb classes in the game. So big maybe, 7pc should be good for sure, but don't know if thats too much "moar dmg" for BWs. Personally I dislike all the mastery points, but ehh, they favour some classes and then are a middlefinger to some other classes.
Defensive Sov proc, assuming BOTH Sorc and BW get it, would ensure said classes remain both best aoe bombers + best aoe snarers in the game. While the initial idea of snaring tons of targets from 80ft with a strong snare seems lovely, at some point you will realize that the enemy will bring Sorcs who have 80ft IW and they will snare you first. If order was snared to death before, it would now be even more snared. Giving very powerful utility tool to a very powerful bomb class is maybe bit too much.

Ads
wonshot

Post#9 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 pm Assuming sets are somewhat mirrored, the extra buffed shield of aqshy makes very limited sense for Sorc, as said above. Maybe both should be made "equal" and give somewhat decent numbers of both resis+armor.
If both get then the 60s CD, then maybe "3rd heal pot" might be OK.
Offensive Sov would be several tiers higher gear vs Warlord, effectively ensuring no one would get the Warlord here. 4pc crit modifier allows combining with OS, creating another abomination. Targets taking 5% more AoE dmg is again a big maybe, it's not massive, but it's still maybe too much for one of the best bomb classes in the game. So big maybe, 7pc should be good for sure, but don't know if thats too much "moar dmg" for BWs. Personally I dislike all the mastery points, but ehh, they favour some classes and then are a middlefinger to some other classes.
Defensive Sov proc, assuming BOTH Sorc and BW get it, would ensure said classes remain both best aoe bombers + best aoe snarers in the game. While the initial idea of snaring tons of targets from 80ft with a strong snare seems lovely, at some point you will realize that the enemy will bring Sorcs who have 80ft IW and they will snare you first. If order was snared to death before, it would now be even more snared. Giving very powerful utility tool to a very powerful bomb class is maybe bit too much.
I did initially want to name the topic "bw and sorc" based on the defensive sov idea i had, of tieing the set to one of the defensive abilities. but due to the mirrored but not really mirroerd situation with armor shield(more close range class) on 30sec cd and 60sec all resist buff(more of a ranged class) I desited to just give my 2cent about the BW. You could make some mirrored Defensive sov set where both casters are getting half of the value of their mirror as the bonus maybe, all the finetuning of the values are pretty much up to Wargrimnir to figure out, I just wanted to spitball alternative ideas pretty much expect them to never go live but hopefully give us something more interesting than +2mastery points. As you said, some classes really get close to no benefit in their builds from this, where as it will be like christmas for others.

Tieing the sets to one thematical coreclass ability for each set might be an interesting path to go down on instead of the +2materypoints, thats pretty much the reason i bothered posting in the first place.
Tie it to boilingblood on Warlord, Detaunt or shield of aqshy on defensive sov, and flames of rhuin or something on offensive sov.

More of a general post and not so much of a direct quote Auran