Recent Topics

Ads

The Level 16+ Experience on the Server

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Starx

The Level 16+ Experience on the Server

Post#1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:27 am

So we got a huge influx of players, pretty much like doubling the population of the game and its great, and in terms of where those players are its concentrated in t1/2 like we have never seen on this server before. The whole leveling experience up to this point has been crafted around a much smaller playerbase, and 2 much lower pop timezones. I remember pleading to the devs to restore powerleveling, crunch XP etc... because NA was bleeding new players bc they ended up in t2/3 and no one was on and quit so we never got to see them in t4. Now we have t2/3 merged into t4 and it works well enough. But calling it a smooth or even fun transition would be a lie, especially for new players who dont know what they are doing or have a good group to play with.

I really love this game and want to see it do as well as possible, but im leveling a new char right now and I know what im doing and its just a boring grind and I cant do much but afk in warbands and soak up RR/xp, scs can be a mixed bag and when you spend 10 minutes pvping you ass off but still lose and get like the same amount of xp as killing 2 mobs is demoralizing. But im doing this knowing what ill be able to do at 40/50+, new players are going to hit this 16-39 slog get owned and probably leave except for a few die hards.

Im not suggesting you unmerge t2/3, but really the xp tables should be crunched by a substantial amount from 16-40, and maybe the bolster should be looked at again and possibly have a RR bonus competent added to it. Maybe we still get our asses kicked in t4 at 16+ but hey if we see some real progression in levels etc... it might not all be bad. The double xp weekend will help for a short time... I dont have all the answers or even the right ones maybe, but I do know this is going to be a hot issue soon and I really hope the team is going to be ready to deal with it.

Again nothing but love, and I was absolutely blown away at how fast you were able to get new server hardware to save the server from losing new players to lag but I think the 16-40 experience is the next thing that will need fixing to bring it home.

Ads
Sengirv

Re: The Level 16+ Experience on the Server

Post#2 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:15 am

:shock:
Last edited by Sengirv on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sengirv

Post#3 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:15 am

I love this idea. Maybe in a few months though. Let the flow of warghh smooth out a bit, and then if population is still high, give xp increases a thought.
My only idea to mix in would be after 3 or more toons on the account complete a highend T4 questline, it would unlock the xp buff for good.
Playing Alts, knowing them in PvP and PvE is a blast. Would be very very rewarding.

Kirves70

Post#4 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:50 am

New player here who is now experiencing the 16-40 grind and its rough. Might be because i'm playing order don't know. Play the full length of a scenario do tons of damage and lose like 90% of them and end up getting maybe 10% of the exp that the destro got. The amount of exp to level is insane as well. I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad if I was on the winning side getting 60k+ but getting more order players and keeping them is going to be tough.

rrrutsss

Post#5 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:59 am

I think Xp rates are good
But you have to remember that Bolster is your friend so allways keep all of your gear same level as your combat (same or -5 lvls max)
Pretty much vendors sell all stuff and you can allways check AuctionHouse .And buy talismans or make em yourself.

Ive killed many people in t4 one on one as a t2 character .
And ive also got killed by some t2s/t3s when i was around 40 to 50 RR.
So i think the problem is in gear and new people not knowing where are vendors located and what when to buy.

And also try not to roam alone.
Last edited by rrrutsss on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:31 am

I can say, that the progression 16+ especially in sc is only rough, when the players lack experience. And obviously queuing solo often leads to bad sc setups with no heal or tank.
Ask ingame for help on items, stats or general class guides. Players without talismans have a serious disadvantage on their mainstats and there is no reason not to craft or buy them. Even it its only green talismans. Or ask some higher ranked player, whether they could help out with green talis, which are worthless for them.
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#7 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:30 am

Remember to log off in the city as well. You get rested XP when logged off in the city so when you next log in your XP gains will be higher until this bonus has been consumed.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Wdova

Post#8 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:17 pm

Leveling XP from 16 to 40 is not THAT big issue especialy with double XP/RP/INF events. Yes it could be paintfull(just leveled Dok and choppa to 40 without double event :-D ), but Your main concern should be renown rank level. All the endgame lvl 40+ is centered around renown rank( does not apply to PvE dungeon items). The pots, scenario weapons and sets, rvr sets need You be higher and higher renown rank.

While You doing scenarios and rvr always pick all possible repeatble kill quests.
At appropriate level I recommend to do beastlord quests which helps to most classes increase mainly offensive stats and health pool, Until they gather something better. Even after that Beastlord equipment is still good for mixing sets to get more main/secondary stats.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Zarenthar

Post#9 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:14 pm

I think leveling should be considerably faster if you're slapping T2-3-4 in the same bundle.I just started playing, fully cleared T1 quests and all and made my way to T2( roughly lvl 16). I was amped to get into some RvR action as I kept lvling but what do you think happened? I was a motivated naive Shaman, joins warband, spam heal people left and right, get kicked. I'm like "huh", join again, get kicked, join another, get kicked within seconds. Then I suddenly realize almost none of these people should even be here in the first place as most of them are lvl 40 and I get spat on for being exactly where I'm supposed to be. 10/10 great game.

Split T2 or substantially boost XP gain or prepare to lose most of that influx of new players.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:20 pm

If you RvR or SC from 16-40 as your primary leveling method, expect it to take WEEKS. If you want to get from 16-40 fast, grind PVE mobs. Not fun but it'll get you there in a few days. Pick up your ruin set and then start PVPing. Sure you'll lack RR but it'll level up quickly.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.