Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman Heal sovereign gear feedback.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jabba

Shaman Heal sovereign gear feedback.

Post#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Basically, I was waiting until I heard from someone who got to the 7pc bonus (the ap proc) before I made a post as I was unsure how the proc would work on this server.

The Shammy sov set has the following set bonuses:

2pc: 80 Willpower
3pc: 88 Wounds
4pc: 6% reduced Armor Pen
5pc: 6% Heal crit
6pc: +2 Path of mork
7pc: On Heal: 10% chance to recover 60 action points over 3 seconds
8pc: (according to armory) Just a bit mor': Getting more intense you make an effort to push it further away from you, extending the range of your spells by X for Y seconds.

Thoughs on these:
2pc and 3pc, pretty standard.

4pc. I'm not quite sure why the cloth healer classes have been given this, if you don't stack armour talis, you get pretty negligible benefit from this.

In full sov, with a 660 armour pot (no extra stacking), you have 2080 armour which is roughly 47.2% mitigation. Let's assume you're attacked by someone with 60% armour pen (pretty standard for endgame slayers/engis) with no armour debuff involved.
2080 x (1-0.6) = 832 armour, which is roughly 19% mitigation.
With the bonus this becomes:
2080 x (1-0.54) = 956 armour, 21.8% mitigation.
So this bonus offers you 2.8% extra mitigation against just physical attacks in this instance. Pretty poor imo.

Let's add a 1k armour debuff in, (pretty standard again, although wl's have a far higher one that makes this bonus even worse)
(2080-1000)x(1-0.6) = 432 armour, which is about 9.9% mitigation.
With the bonus this becomes:
(2080-1000)x(1-0.54) = 496 armour, which is about 11.2%
Now this bonus is only giving us 1.3% extra mitigation against a very standard armour debuff, this would be even lower against a higher armour debuff (like wl's). If you get double armour debuffed, such as with a tank m1 on top, this bonus will do absolutely nothing at all, because you simply don't have high enough armour.

Even if you stack armour exclusively (which you don't want to do on shammy anyway imo), this bonus still becomes pretty bad quite quickly as soon as you add armour debuffs into the equation.
Let's say you put 180 armour talis into every slot and use an 825 armour pot, with full sov your armour rating will be 3505, which is about 79.8% mitigation.

Against a 60% penetration enemy
3505 x (1-0.6) = 1402 armour, which is roughly 31.9% mitigation
With the bonus:
3505 x (1-0.54) - 1612 armour, which is roughly 36.7% mitigation.
So, exclusively stacking armour to the highest possible value you can attain, this bonus gives you 4.8% mitigation, and only against physical attacks.

With a 1k armour debuff
(3505-1000) x (1-0.6) = 1002 armour, which is 22.8% mitigation
(3505-1000) x (1-0.54) = 1152 armour, which is 26.2% mitigation
So as soon as you get armour debuffed (just once, and not even with the best armour debuff), this bonus goes down to 3.4% mitigation against physical attacks.

To me at least, this shows just how poor this bonus is on a cloth class, I really think this bonus should be changed to something crit related (-% chance to be crit or - crit damage %) or even toughness, something the shaman is clearly somewhat built around (evidenced by the toughness buff on the hot and the toughness debuffs, 2 if you're dps)

5pc. again pretty standard
6pc. Could be nice, opens up some more build possibilities (although these are reduced drastically given how the 7pc works.)

7pc. This is the main one for me. As it is now, proccing only from direct heals, this is pretty terrible imo. It also drastically reduces the effectiveness of the 7pc bonus as a secondary effect, because with this proc being as it is, you won't be able to drop restorative burst to free up a tactic slot to make full use of the +2 mastery.

As an example of how unreliable this proc is compared to something like restorative burst we'll use group heal in the perfect situation as an example.
With this proc, group heal hitting the full 6 people you get:
1-(1-0.1)^6 = 0.468559 => 49% chance to trigger.
Compare this to resto burst with 30% chance to crit (very easy to achieve on a shaman)
1-(1-0.3)^6 = 0.882351 => 88% chance to trigger.

For a 7pc bonus, on what's meant to be the best set you can acquire in game, this is underwhelming to say the least, especially compared to what some other classes get.
Ideally, this proc would be as on live, where it could trigger from your hot ticks as well as direct damage (shammy is a hot class after all, and it's not like you have an aoe one for easy procs like dok/zeal)
or, it needs it's chance to proc increased (it's not like shammy is a wp/dok with 1 second group heal, or an instant cast direct heal that can hit up to 24 people).

8pc. Extra range on spells? just lol, unless the unspecified quantities are ridiculous, this is not worth giving up whatever other 2pc bonus you can scrabble together, or wasting the gcd it takes to activate it.

Now let's look at the individual pieces.
[Sovereign Bitskeepa of da Great Green]
What happened to all the belts since vanq/oppressor? You should not be tempted to put in a Vanq belt over the Sov belt (many tiers higher), giving up an 8 pc bonus in the process because the Vanq belt is just much better.

[Sovereign Morkyfeets of da Great Green]
Morale/second, completely wasted stats.

[Sovereign Greenbringas of da Great Green] and [Sovereign Waaaghat of da Great Green]
Why is there so much healing power on a class where you don't even get close to the willpower softcap as it is?

[Sovereign Waaaghchain of da Great Green]
Even more -armour penetration?

These would be far more useful as pretty much anything else, more raw stats or maybe some heal crit or -chance to be crit.

Said enough for now, will add more if I think of it. Thoughts?
Last edited by Jabba on Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Nekkma

Re: Shaman Heal sovereign gear feedback.

Post#2 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:32 am

A good write up and analysis. As I am so far from getting sov I had not bothered to check it out properly prior to this post.

Regarding 4pc bonus i agree completely.

6pc bonus I very much dislike as it is great for some classes and trash for others. It run the risk of creating nerfs based on a "full sov" class. But this is more of a general comment as all classes have this, i.e. not a shaman set issue. Nevertheless, for shamans quite decent as it basically adds Feelz no pain to the classic healing build while still being able to get healdebuff or silence.

7pc bonus. Agreed. It should be as it was on live.

8pc I am at a loss for this bonus as it is completely useless.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

wachlarz

Post#3 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 am

Engi can have 60% armor pene? WoW

StrongUn

Post#4 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 am Engi can have 60% armor pene? WoW
And more, the have a +25% armor pen on rifleman tree (left)

teiloh

Post#5 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 am

StrongUn wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 am
Where?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/career/engineer

Fey

Post#6 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:44 am

Just lol that people already have full Sovereign. I don't care as much about the bonuses, I'll never get near a full set.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:31 am

teiloh wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 am
StrongUn wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 am
Where?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/career/engineer
Armor-piercing rounds (13points hability):
RoR.builders - Engineer

Jabba

Post#8 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:50 am

Fey wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:44 am Just lol that people already have full Sovereign. I don't care as much about the bonuses, I'll never get near a full set.
Sounds good, let's not bother balancing the set because this guy won't get it anyway /s
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Aluviya

Post#9 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:08 pm

This feedback is very well written and I couldn't agree more to it - from the perspective of an AM player i really feel the same - especially seeing the stats (+13 Healcrit, the Classmechanic Proc) the SOV Set of DOK/WP is superior in comparison to AM/Shamanset. Even the 8 piece Bonus of DOK/WP (90 Classmechanic instantly) is still "OK" in comparison to 20 % more Range on Skills for 10 sec - which is not even worth the GCD.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:17 pm

I guess the difference between the WP/DOK feedback and this feedback is the other guy actually had suggestions to improve it, and this one is a lot of "lol this bad" + maths.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog