Recent Topics

Ads

New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
EsthelielSunfury

New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

Post#1 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 pm

The experience as a new player going from T1 RvR and scenarios into T2-3-4 - there's such a disparity into it that it makes no sense at all at how stats are affecting your performance vs certain classes, because the game was never tailored to match you against such high level plays, morales and passives.

I'm doing RvR almost all the time, exception being scenarios - getting the tier set, getting the influence reward from rally masters, getting my weapons from scenario vendors and going out there trying to (not even kill 40s), but survive long enough to get help/retreat, but it's simply impossible. I am quite literally doing single digit damage sometimes to even melee dps while they're hitting me for 5-10% of my HP every hit, almost impossible to parry/block any of their attacks even as tank. Casters are simply bypassing my shield, hitting me 900-1k, I cannot blame the healers for failing to heal such a burst.

I assume it's safe to say that the developers have made this decision because all private server suffer from the same problem before the spotlight is on them (or marketing I suppose) which is population. As such I completely understand extending the bracket to 16-40, however with what I've experienced these past two weeks, such a problem has been gone with absolutely ridiculous battles in every zone, hundreds of players trying to fit in a room full of black orcs and choppas clobbering the poor Keep Lord WAAAAAAAAAAAAGHing in there.

Off to the actual suggestion :
I would like to suggest a scenario bracket for Realm vs Realm battles for a smoother leveling experience by reducing the bracket to 16-39 in a way that doesn't completely kick 40s out of content from the game. I would suggest T2 and T3 having a 16-39 bracket and an 8 hour tolerance before the bracket extends to 16-40 to prevent stalemates and overextended battles, but allowing people that are leveling to have a more balanced game play with one another.
Last edited by EsthelielSunfury on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
anarchypark

Re: New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

Post#2 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:18 pm

have you tried max bolstering?
max lvl purple gear or gold set.

it seems you're playing vanguard role.
even BiS tanks can't stand long at that position, without heals.

stay little bit behind is ok when you're low lvl low gear.
consider bench member until u get gear and lvl.
Last edited by anarchypark on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Darks63

Post#3 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:29 pm

It would be wise for new players that hit 16 to run sewers/sac to get the set and other stuff in there since the rank 8/12 gear most are wearing fresh into t4 is really long in the tooth at that point. You also get the benefit of being rank 18 or 19 going into t4 rvr that means you have a few more options.

For rank 21-25 there is another pve set you can farm from t3 pqs that is decent as well and can bridge the gap between sewers set and duelist/devastator.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 am

It really is time to take lvl 40 out of t2-3. Maybe save 1 random zone in t2-3 that lvl 40 can come to take it for the rvr progression. There should always be active zones in t2-3 where lvl 40 cant come it does not matter even if it's the same zone that the lvl 40's are allowed to take, they take it and go away but in 10 min it resets for lvl16-39(without affecting rvr progression) so there can be rvr with lvl 16-39 . Also put 4th tactic back to lvl 40 so there is only 2-3 tactics usable in t2-3. I think this way people would be much happier playing.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Sulorie

Post#5 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:01 am

Why you try to hit someone, when your job as low lvl tank is to max your own defense and to guard?
Dying is no option.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:07 am

Imo part of the problem is that the endgame sets are too strong while the lvl 16 sets are too weak. If the stats were brought together a bit more it might already help. A big boost for low level 16+ gear statwise could help already. I always feared that once city sets are out the power discrepancy will be over the top.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#7 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 am

Darks63 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:29 pm It would be wise for new players that hit 16 to run sewers/sac to get the set and other stuff in there since the rank 8/12 gear most are wearing fresh into t4 is really long in the tooth at that point. You also get the benefit of being rank 18 or 19 going into t4 rvr that means you have a few more options.

For rank 21-25 there is another pve set you can farm from t3 pqs that is decent as well and can bridge the gap between sewers set and duelist/devastator.
I looked at a blogpost - I assume that's Mayhem set you're referring to? What would be a decent zone or way to go about farming it?
Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:01 am Why you try to hit someone, when your job as low lvl tank is to max your own defense and to guard?
Because I have to actually land an attack and not get everything parried and blocked even by melee with almost non-existent defenses to get my buffs up as BG, else all I can do is Hold The Line and that's not going to save me from 40s who ignore it anyway because of their gear.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 am
Because I have to actually land an attack and not get everything parried and blocked even by melee with almost non-existent defenses to get my buffs up as BG, else all I can do is Hold The Line and that's not going to save me from 40s who ignore it anyway because of their gear.
No, you stay right next to your guard target and you will be already useful for the grp. That r40 ignore your hold the line, because of their gear is an assumption and a wrong one. It only gives you 45% dodge/disrupt. This is by far not enough to be fully protected.
Experienced players, who know how to optimize their gear at lowlvl, will do totally fine, because they maximize the bolster buff.
There are scenarios as well and they give a lot xp, if you want to rank up without totally skipping renown.
Ask for a sc group t2-3 and do your tank job and the chances of winning will increase a lot.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Wiede

Post#9 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:21 pm

lvl 18 Chosen here, Keeper set
running around with 700str, 700tough, 8400hp
Sure i miss some block, parry and stats but im far away from useless oO

Bolster does a great job

Lvld a WL before to 21, hitting enemies til 2k/2.5k burst per timestamp (incl. like 99% armorpen with lvl18 i think)

You have to maximize stats and learn2play (No offensive meaning)

EsthelielSunfury

Post#10 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Wiede wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:21 pm lvl 18 Chosen here, Keeper set
running around with 700str, 700tough, 8400hp
Sure i miss some block, parry and stats but im far away from useless oO

Bolster does a great job

Lvld a WL before to 21, hitting enemies til 2k/2.5k burst per timestamp (incl. like 99% armorpen with lvl18 i think)

You have to maximize stats and learn2play (No offensive meaning)
Can you provide a screenshot of that kind of gearing? Because entering RvR as a tank is bolstering my toughness and wounds up to 700ish, and yes - I'm running with 9k HP as well, however strength is nowhere near that. I'd like to see bolster working like it, so please do share a screenshot with 3 main stats above 700 as level 18.

Also, I'm not offended, no worries. I'm new to the game, however the fact that perhaps people that have played for years and only some of them are able to take advantage of it still does not make it okay to fight targets we were never intended to fight in the first place, and still doesn't change what I've seen in the past weeks - which is people that aren't 40 are getting steamrolled and are the equivalent of cannon fodder.