Recent Topics

Ads

Armored Target Dummies

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: Armored Target Dummies

Post#11 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 pm

As a general rule for single-target instant damage abilities you get 30% of your primary stat(or 150% or your "DPS" parameter) for instant cast abilities and 20% primary stat(100% DPS) per second for abilities with cast time.

So with 200 DPS you get +300 damage in instant cast an +400 damage on 2-second cast.

For area of effect and damage over time abilities its different and i don't know any consistent 'rules' like that as i don't really play DoT classes.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#12 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Gottschalt wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 pm Or you know, you could test it on the field and not be little scaredy cat
Oh really professor? Which player is going to stand there and let people test things repeatedly on them in a fixed set of circumstances?

Or do you mean test in normal rvr where every circumstance is different and we are all doing that anyway.

The reason for the dummies is to to test things without confounding factors. Sunk in? If you're not into that, no problem, don't do it.

Nebuchadnezzar

Post#13 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Gottschalt wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 pm Or you know, you could test it on the field and not be little scaredy cat
I agree, it's really easy to get a consistent, straight up comparison for a variety of build types when you're constantly switching to different targets, getting bombarded by AoE and having your combat log full of kill and heal messages. Switching tactics, gear, and talismans etc would be much more straight forward too

This would actually be super useful though. Having the armour values set at typical light, medium and heavy armor values would be great too to be able to measure the effects of weapon skill/armor rends on different armor classes