Recent Topics

Ads

Fall Damage

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Thorinori

Fall Damage

Post#1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:45 am

Fall damage is kind of excessive now. I do agree it needed to be nerfed, it was REALLY OP being able to jump off most mountains and survive, but when you can fall your character height and take a quarter of your HP now... really? Falling off the side of the platform in Doomfist Crater having the potential to half health you? It REALLY needs to be given some more tolerance on fall damage before it applies ( or much slower scaling).

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Fall Damage

Post#2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 am

Try not to jump off the platform and instead just drop off from the edge or slide down the slope and you will be surprised.
Dying is no option.

M0rw47h

Post#3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Because 24 organized ppl stopping 400 PUGS from sieging was too harsh...

wonshot

Post#4 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:31 pm

In T2 Reikland hills I had the most hillarious match, none of the sides had a pure healer and since you drop down into the middle with 10% health left now, both sides just played "who can oneshot who first"

Gotta laugh and enjoy some of these silly moments when things are getting adjusted and finetuned.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

kirraha

Post#5 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:44 pm

I agree its a bit to much atm. Its hard to slid down hills or ambush since you will loose half of your hp for just a small fall, even if you are out of combat. Just my opinion, but it's a feedback.

Loans

Post#6 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Even in little hills you take damage without jumping, it's a little too much now.

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:45 pm

I am glad it hurts more. Though this amount may be overtuned.

My favorite part is that jumping or dropping off of keep walls is not as viable. Its realism breaking for ppl to literally fling themselves off the keep walls in order to do a sally. They should have to walk around down and through the gate like a realistic world with gravity and leg bones that can break would require.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

M0rw47h

Post#8 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:48 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:45 pm I am glad it hurts more. Though this amount may be overtuned.

My favorite part is that jumping or dropping off of keep walls is not as viable. Its realism breaking for ppl to literally fling themselves off the keep walls in order to do a sally. They should have to walk around down and through the gate like a realistic world with gravity and leg bones that can break would require.
You know what breaks realism even more than Knights jumping on rams?
Harry Potters AoEing on given ram, and healers constantly rezing those poor kamikaze Knights.

Ads
StrongUn

Post#9 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:52 pm

3rd faction has arrived

:lol:

Sulorie

Post#10 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:42 pm

About 1k dmg for jumping down keep wall isn't too much IMO.
Dying is no option.