Recent Topics

Ads

Beastlord Quest Bosses Respawn

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
porkstar

Beastlord Quest Bosses Respawn

Post#1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:01 pm

With the population roughly tripled since Beastlord was implemented, I believe beastlord boss respawn timers should be reduced by 66%. In addition to the larger population, the introduction of several more powerful gear sets (which can be used in addition to beastlord) and the fact that most legacy players have this set, makes this set very important for new players. Reducing cooldown timers ensures relatively equitable access to this gear.

What are your thoughts?
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Ads
nat3s

Re: Beastlord Quest Bosses Respawn

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm

This is a real problem, just had a really unpleasant experience, spent an hour forming a group and checking spawns. We waited for Ursine to respawn... As we were helping our healer get to Ursine (first time doing it so a bit slow) another group came in and stole the kill (no pvp, we were both Order). Had a chat with Srul and he was really cool about it, suggested the other group were being dicks, but not much that can be done about it.

Doing BLs wasnt too bad with 800 players online, with 3k+ it's just painful and it was hugely frustrating to waste an hour trying to help people through it. There's no courtesy shown between groups which is understandable given how quick they go down after a respawn.

Changing the respawn time would be a huge improvement. The gear is low item level now, why have a respawn timer at all?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

kayin

Post#3 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:17 pm

I do agree that with the influx of people that this has become a problem. I was going to bring this up in the next meeting honesty. I know personally i have tried a bunch of times each week since hitting 40 on a certain character (been about 2months now) and only have 2 pieces so far due to the bosses getting sniped by another party or the other side. I almost have invader set on that character now and still yet to finish BL.

nat3s

Post#4 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:49 pm

Thanks Kayin, that would be awesome, yes can see how getting Conq, Vanq, Invader can actually be easier!!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

cfabr

Post#5 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:38 pm

So been waiting for 30 mins with a grp for Ursine too respawn, she does ... And what happends. A grp of MY OWN FACTION runs in and takes the kill. Well done!

nat3s

Post#6 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:02 pm

this is infuriating, 5th time ive competed for last hit on Witch now. Just fix this cancer already, hugely frustrating. Taking weeks for last piece
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Foltestik

Post#7 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:07 pm

you need to have experience when beastlord come out, now its easy peasy

before you have to fight like 2 enemys partys and 3 your own partys :)

Kaelang

Post#8 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:09 pm

Although I appreciate it can be frustrating to fight for a spawn, this has been historical in the MMORPG genre, and I for one enjoyed having to battle Order groups whilst contesting a boss. Personally, I think the timer is okay at the minute, it means needing to be organised and getting to position prior to the mob spawning, to ensure you can hold it for the kill.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Korsario

Post#9 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:33 pm

No timer is not ok, can we get this fixed ASAP please?

zulnam

Post#10 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:54 pm

I hate the beastlord questline with passion.

Removing or reducing the time on those sons of b*tches is not something i would cry over.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG