Recent Topics

Ads

PUG only SC maps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Vlad333

PUG only SC maps

Post#1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Hello,

My opinion is that there needs to be at least 3 PUG only SC maps, the less larger ones, let's say.
Having only Nordenwatch is not a good idea since solo player like me are bound to queue only one map for weeks. I shouldn't be obligated to find premades and such to enjoy the game. There is a plethora of maps that i would like to enjoy, but guess what, i queue and i see 15 destros from the same guild.
Most of the time, my team does not even try, and i feel them, as it is pointless. What ends up happening is destro playing alone and us waiting in base. No fighting going on, we just wait for it to end.
This shouldn't be the way to play PvP lol.
I am sick to my stomach of Nordenwatch. It is the same old road and bridge and the same old stomp if you lost fort first or if you win it but team chases enemies after.
There is no variation like this, beyond the fact that the grind is horrible ( because we lose most of the time as Order in t2 ), you also have to see the same map.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: PUG only SC maps

Post#2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:02 pm

Just because a scenario isn't listed as a pug scenario doesn't mean everyone who queues has to be in a premade, or even is in a premade.

The pug scenario is there to guarantee that you won't come up against a group of more than 2 people at any time.

If you're getting stomped vs premade teams in the other scenarios, try RvR, or join a guild and find some people to run with.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Vlad333

Post#3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:08 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:02 pm Just because a scenario isn't listed as a pug scenario doesn't mean everyone who queues has to be in a premade, or even is in a premade.

The pug scenario is there to guarantee that you won't come up against a group of more than 2 people at any time.

If you're getting stomped vs premade teams in the other scenarios, try RvR, or join a guild and find some people to run with.
RvR, unfortunately is a pretty bad experience for me. You get almost no xp, so for leveling it is terrible, i have no impact as i play a melee character ( and i play ranged ones as well, still boring as hell ), people mostly run from one point to another, very rarely coordinated and when the fights actually happen, they do not feel like fights. Just a huge blob going into another, filled with incredible lag and crappy fps. I can hardly call it a gaming experience. Pretty terrible.
Even fort keeps are boring, as a Bright Wizard i couldn't even dare to peek behind a wall, as i would get instantly bombarded with 12+ dots out of nowhere, even if i would peek for 1 second, literally, to cast an instant dot.
The impact i do is zero. We were many guys on the keep, but we were just waiting for the door to fall. It was kinda pathetic.
In around 3 hours of zerging around Black Crag, i made a couple of Vanquisher Medallions, yet i'm just level 22 and I need soldier ones, half of my bar of XP, and indeed 3-4 levels of Renown, but Renown is the least of my worries right now.
All in all, RvR seems a laggy, clunky terrible experience. I have no idea how people enjoy them. I have a high end PC yet the fps is pure trash regardless of settings.

angrychair

Post#4 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:37 pm

Vlad333 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:08 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:02 pm Just because a scenario isn't listed as a pug scenario doesn't mean everyone who queues has to be in a premade, or even is in a premade.

RvR, unfortunately is a pretty bad experience for me. You get almost no xp, so for leveling it is terrible, i have no impact as i play a melee character ( and i play ranged ones as well, still boring as hell ), people mostly run from one point to another, very rarely coordinated and when the fights actually happen, they do not feel like fights. Just a huge blob going into another, filled with incredible lag and crappy fps. I can hardly call it a gaming experience. Pretty terrible.
Even fort keeps are boring, as a Bright Wizard i couldn't even dare to peek behind a wall, as i would get instantly bombarded with 12+ dots out of nowhere, even if i would peek for 1 second, literally, to cast an instant dot.
The impact i do is zero. We were many guys on the keep, but we were just waiting for the door to fall. It was kinda pathetic.
In around 3 hours of zerging around Black Crag, i made a couple of Vanquisher Medallions, yet i'm just level 22 and I need soldier ones, half of my bar of XP, and indeed 3-4 levels of Renown, but Renown is the least of my worries right now.
All in all, RvR seems a laggy, clunky terrible experience. I have no idea how people enjoy them. I have a high end PC yet the fps is pure trash regardless of settings.
Well this perfectly sums up my opinion of oRvR. Was wondering when someone would bring it up. I feel once you pass a certain number of players, the combat loses strategic significance (especially for melee). I think the game would benefit from more player caps/instancing in the open world, but I understand this is probably an unpopular opinion around here.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:04 am

In T4 are 3 zones actives (until 1 faction lock one of them and push fort), usually 1 of the 3 zones are most populated and fights 200 Vs 200 (or more) happens...if you dont enjoy that kind of RVR feel free to travel to the other 2 zones to make some small scale rvr.

geezereur

Post#6 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 am

Vlad333 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 pm Hello,

My opinion is that there needs to be at least 3 PUG only SC maps, the less larger ones, let's say.
Having only Nordenwatch is not a good idea since solo player like me are bound to queue only one map for weeks. I shouldn't be obligated to find premades and such to enjoy the game. There is a plethora of maps that i would like to enjoy, but guess what, i queue and i see 15 destros from the same guild.
Most of the time, my team does not even try, and i feel them, as it is pointless. What ends up happening is destro playing alone and us waiting in base. No fighting going on, we just wait for it to end.
This shouldn't be the way to play PvP lol.
I am sick to my stomach of Nordenwatch. It is the same old road and bridge and the same old stomp if you lost fort first or if you win it but team chases enemies after.
There is no variation like this, beyond the fact that the grind is horrible ( because we lose most of the time as Order in t2 ), you also have to see the same map.
Agreed we need more pug scs 3 would be really nice.

Zamoth

Post#7 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:22 am

The last thing this game needs is more pug scs. This one is all about grouping up and play
together in a group. So join a Guild, find some friends or whatever. But pls stop crying for more "solo content".
Deadwing 85
Zamoth 80
Verthexxa 84