Recent Topics

Ads

Does city have to be 24v24?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
MAXROYPHILLIP

Re: Does city have to be 24v24?

Post#11 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:56 am

Get coordinated. Join a guild. Make yourself valuable, or enjoy the long slow painful road of pugging for scraps. This isn't T1 anymore.
[/quote]

It sounds more like you want a place for solo queuers to join together as oppose to facing premades, and also change the system of the city for smaller scale fights. Which would require a lot of changes internally including boss HP / cannon HP etc.

I really don't see the positives here unfortunately.
[/quote]

No the main post question still stands does city need to be 24v24?

Is ranked in the future going to to be 24v24 is every fight in the game that means something going to be a 24v24 where is the variation in gameplay.
Im not a fan of how it is and im sure other people feel the same.

scraps and t1? pls keep the post on topic cheers

Ads
Kaelang

Post#12 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 am

MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:56 am pls keep the post on topic cheers
Cities are 24v24 content, that's how they was designed and that's how they're implemented.

You're providing a suggestion and I'm providing counter arguments.

It's like asking 'Does 40 have to be max level' or 'Does a scenario have to be 6'. Cities are intended for 24v24 and there's no update or foreseeable plan released to have that changed. That's not to say they can't or won't change, but you need to be able to answer arguments provided rather than just shutting them down.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

MAXROYPHILLIP

Post#13 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:01 am

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 am
MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:56 am pls keep the post on topic cheers
Cities are 24v24 content, that's how they was designed and that's how they're implemented.

It's like asking 'Does 40 have to be max level' or 'Does a scenario have to be 6'. Cities are intended for 24v24 and there's no update or foreseeable plan released to have that changed. That's not to say they can't or won't change, but you need to be able to answer arguments provided rather than just shutting them down.
you think cities have to be 24v24 and solo quers should face premades. ok ty

Kaelang

Post#14 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:03 am

MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:01 am

Correct.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

MAXROYPHILLIP

Post#15 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:15 am

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:03 am
MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:01 am

Correct.
Thank you for your feedback even though we disagree. I think those who do NOT enjoy 24v24 WB vs WB gameplay with graphics turned down should be provided and alternative for a smaller scale end game event. It shouldn't be locked to 24v24 and players that Q fast solo shouldn't be made to fill leaver slots- there should be an alternative for them a smaller scale fight strictly against other solo quers. It would be a 5-10min window. Then it goes back to as is. I think it would be hella simple to implement and add so much more variation to cities and different metas for different scaled fights.

No ones playing end game events truly looking and observing and reacting to player abilties and effects- cities as it is for me are just laggy zerg fests.

anarchypark

Post#16 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:31 am

after full assault on forts.
you're the vanguard of that army.
champions of king, royal guards.
It's not smugglers infiltrating at midnight for gold.

if that small sabotage action are allowed reward should follow the scale and effort.

maybe north dock~south dock area for 12vs12. smuggling supplies.

3 lane moba style also interesting.
24 for each lane.
to open side path, capture BW college, like lever system.
sorry i got derailed.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

MAXROYPHILLIP

Post#17 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:21 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:31 am after full assault on forts.
you're the vanguard of that army.
champions of king, royal guards.
It's not smugglers infiltrating at midnight for gold.

if that small sabotage action are allowed reward should follow the scale and effort.

maybe north dock~south dock area for 12vs12. smuggling supplies.

3 lane moba style also interesting.
24 for each lane.
to open side path, capture BW college, like lever system.
sorry i got derailed.
we talking city's here not forts man, i think everyones aware on how bad forts play out- them being tuned down is another topic entirely

M0rw47h

Post#18 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:15 am

There is easy solution to your problem: don't let soloQ que at all.

Ads
MAXROYPHILLIP

Post#19 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:28 am

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:15 am There is easy solution to your problem: don't let soloQ que at all.
Aggreed lol but it would make cities predictable. Tanks being told when to taunt, 10+ being told where to focus dps- people being told when to drop morales/abilities in a strict 24man layout over and over by the same leader. The people playing like this as good as it is- it's no more different than pve. This loses individual plays you wont ever see in the game because it's un meta to do so in a 24v24.

Scenarios where players could judge for themselves when to use abilities in smaller scale fights if they wish would create a different and maybe broader gaming experience overall. Healers being able to truly shine, unique and unusual skill builds may come from it too. Clutch plays.

I think am am crazy when i say this but I don;t think theres been many people say oh great job there that was a good or clutch play- in a city. It's a bit of a mess at 24v24 imo. For me anyway
The best city fight i have had was a 14v14. You could do 4 bag drops for that or even 2 and i'd be happier playing it.

+1 to the fort instance btw in your avatar