Recent Topics

Ads

Invader Medallion Fix for Veteran Players (70+ rr)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

Re: Invader Medallion Fix for Veteran Players (70+ rr)

Post#11 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:21 am

BUMY wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:10 am
Theseus wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:13 am
jtj5002 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:07 am I don't really understand why devs refuse to acknowledge this as a problem. Newer people should be able to catch up to older players, yes I understand that. But current system allow newer players to SURPASS older players.
Could you explain how they can surpass older players? You still get invader in Fortresses, like anyone else does. And you get royal crests like anyone else in the cities. That way you should have your Sovereign, as fast as your invader. Especially if your rr 70+.
When he stated ' older players ' he was clearly referring to ' older players that are rr70+ and haven't finished their invader sets '. Players under rr70 receive invaders instead of royals from cities ( so no, ' everyone else ' doesn't receive royal crests from cities ), thus allowing them to ' surpass ' old players who are stuck farming contribution for forts so they have a shot at earning 4 to 6 invader medals ( out of the 220ish they need ). Yes, you can receive invader gear from bags but its EXTREMELY unlikely for you to get a bag at all, let alone a gold one when you are rolling against 240 people. I know in the meantime alot of us have either completely given up on their old main character, rerolled to an alt, taking a break from the game until the devs figure out how they want to address this ( if at all ), or are only logging in for cities. It really sucks to love your character and want to play it but know that you are only hindering yourself by progressing towards rr70 when you still have to complete your invader set. I know I don't ' need ' my invader set complete before I hit rr70, but I think alot of us just want to avoid the absolute headache that farming forts for 4-6 medals would be especially with the current realm pop vs fort slots.
Breaking news!
You don't need full set to wear Sov, accessory isn't needed for ToK unlock.

Ads
Nekkma

Post#12 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:34 am

BUMY wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:10 am It really sucks to love your character and want to play it but know that you are only hindering yourself by progressing towards rr70 when you still have to complete your invader set. I know I don't ' need ' my invader set complete before I hit rr70, but I think alot of us just want to avoid the absolute headache that farming forts for 4-6 medals would be especially with the current realm pop vs fort slots.
This is the main issue for me as well. I can live with it being a soulcrushing grind if that is the only way. The problem is that if I can skip said soulcrushing grind I will of course do that. This leaves me with a situation that I cannot play any of my alts outside city, fort or pve (because gaining renown is now a bad thing) and as I still need both invader and sov on my main I will not play my alts at all. This is greatly reducing my enjoyment of the game as my main is a healer, i.e. a group character, and it would be nice to play alts when none of my friends are online.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Nabaro

Post#13 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:42 am

I have the same problem. Recently returned to the game. RR on my WE 81. I was able to collect ~30 invider medals in ~3 weeks. Waiting for possible forts on streams. Terribly tired.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

licenje

Post#14 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:04 am

Make invader medalion drop form 70+ rr lvl players to 70+ rr lvl players from kill in fort battle, or chance to drop, or something like that... just to speed it up a bit

Woatan

Post#15 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:42 am

Nabaro wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:42 am I have the same problem. Recently returned to the game. RR on my WE 81. I was able to collect ~30 invider medals in ~3 weeks. Waiting for possible forts on streams. Terribly tired.
I feel you.

In addition, gear option for 2h Tanks is poor after rr45 until you aqquire Warlord or Sovereign. And the issue with getting that gear for returning high ranked players has already been pointed out.

As such, I’m about to ding 80, yet stuck in Dom/Opp gear until the selective grind for Invader crests is over.

Ps.
Get rid of the Invader requirement to wear War/Sov at rr80 atleast.
Stone and Steel

Likeaboss

Post#16 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:39 am

The Invader Requirementfor Sov is a fact, that people don't skip Forts... In the Guild i am, i run solo very often, people <rr70 don't even log in unless there's a city going... Not veeery Player friendly. I see the point behind, but it doesnt really work as intended. :P

Currently on a new char... with ~25 hours playtime. Hit RR52 yesterday actually 2 invader Crests... Guess i have to slow down as well,
otherwise i will reach RR 70 with 20-30 Medalls :lol:
Well for now i doesnt care that much, i play the game for Fun not for gear :D
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.