Recent Topics

Ads

Invader Medallion Fix for Veteran Players (70+ rr)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SmashPotato

Invader Medallion Fix for Veteran Players (70+ rr)

Post#1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:22 pm

With city sieges out, we commend the efforts of the team for implementing them smoothly into the game. It's brought a lot of life, and new challenges for everyone. With the many positives that exist, there are players find themselves "stuck" with gear progression. City Sieges were a pleasant and sudden surprise to everyone, many of the people (veteran 70+ rr players) were not fully equipped and ready with full Invader Set. Any plans to fairly resolve this issue for this demographic? Several options are floating around the community. For example, one options is to to give players an option to receive invader OR royal crests for city sieges (for 70+ rr players). Another option is to allow the breakdown of Royal Crest to Invader Medallions.

Ads
Korsario

Re: Invader Medallion Fix for Veteran Players (70+ rr)

Post#2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 pm

Yep this is a problem but devs keep negating it sadly so not much we can do about it if they wont see it.

Woatan

Post#3 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:45 pm

The awkward situation results in sub 70rr players gear progressing faster than +70rr players.
Stone and Steel

zulnam

Post#4 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:59 am

ye invaders are in a bit of an odd spot right now. best thing to do is to just park your big boy and take them out for pre-fort / fort / city

Also converting down is never a good idea, unless you need just a few more meds. At the end of the day cities are still rarer than forts, even with the big queues.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

jtj5002

Post#5 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:07 am

I don't really understand why devs refuse to acknowledge this as a problem. Newer people should be able to catch up to older players, yes I understand that. But current system allow newer players to SURPASS older players.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Marawo

Post#6 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:07 am

The easiest and best way would be to implement a 1:1 downconversion only! option at the invader merchant.

Currently the payout and progression of invader compared to royals is a bit messy, while it is true that there are more fort sieges happening than city sieges (naturally), forts have a more limited entrynumber space. Add to that the fact the payout from forts is 4-6 invader compared to 3-9 from cities, not even including the higher frequency of bags as well as a bagchance for losers in city.
Taking these factors into consideration + the fact that warlord/sov gearsets have a lower respective medal price it is not unreasonable to assume that high rr players finish collecting royal-crests for 1 full set before or at least at the same time as their invader-crest farm.

Personally I'd rather downconvert some royal medals and get my invader gear sooner and have to farm more cities and get warlord/sov later than completely skipping the invader gear increment. Because in that inbetween time I could have fun running arround in my invader gear, getting new things is fun getting everything at once is as well but not nearly as fulfilling.
It's like if you give a kid a remote controlled car AND a second remote controlled car that's also a submarine.
Also, isn't the whole point of the ward/tom unlock on invader so you don't skip it.

Overall a 1:1 downconversion should be perfectly fine and improve the experience of the players who unbenched/started to play their high rr characters more frequently, it doesn't reduce the time to farm till endgear, if anything it increases the "carrot". It also doesn't give an unfair advantage since sub 70 rr characters get the exact same possible invader payout overall.

Imo easy solution and therefore no reason not to implement it like that, probably just something that flew under the radar of devs.

M0rw47h

Post#7 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:51 am

The easiest solution would be not letting people bellow rr70 into the City, but that wouldn't be nice.
jtj5002 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:07 am I don't really understand why devs refuse to acknowledge this as a problem. Newer people should be able to catch up to older players, yes I understand that. But current system allow newer players to SURPASS older players.
Thats not true. Newbies ain't getting more royal crests than veterans, even if they got easier time getting invaders. Thats because veterans farm newbies in Cities.

Theseus

Post#8 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:13 am

jtj5002 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:07 am I don't really understand why devs refuse to acknowledge this as a problem. Newer people should be able to catch up to older players, yes I understand that. But current system allow newer players to SURPASS older players.
Could you explain how they can surpass older players? You still get invader in Fortresses, like anyone else does. And you get royal crests like anyone else in the cities. That way you should have your Sovereign, as fast as your invader. Especially if your rr 70+.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Ads
jtj5002

Post#9 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:23 am

Theseus wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:13 am
Could you explain how they can surpass older players? You still get invader in Fortresses, like anyone else does. And you get royal crests like anyone else in the cities. That way you should have your Sovereign, as fast as your invader. Especially if your rr 70+.
I'm mainly talking about newer players under rr 70 able to get full invader and being about to start equipping sov vs some returning players with >70 RR that have to slowly grind fort for invader and cannot equip any of the sov they get from the city.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

BUMY

Post#10 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:10 am

Theseus wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:13 am
When he stated ' older players ' he was clearly referring to ' older players that are rr70+ and haven't finished their invader sets '. Players under rr70 receive invaders instead of royals from cities ( so no, ' everyone else ' doesn't receive royal crests from cities ), thus allowing them to ' surpass ' old players who are stuck farming contribution for forts so they have a shot at earning 4 to 6 invader medals ( out of the 220ish they need ). Yes, you can receive invader gear from bags but its EXTREMELY unlikely for you to get a bag at all, let alone a gold one when you are rolling against 240 people. I know in the meantime alot of us have either completely given up on their old main character, rerolled to an alt, taking a break from the game until the devs figure out how they want to address this ( if at all ), or are only logging in for cities. It really sucks to love your character and want to play it but know that you are only hindering yourself by progressing towards rr70 when you still have to complete your invader set. I know I don't ' need ' my invader set complete before I hit rr70, but I think alot of us just want to avoid the absolute headache that farming forts for 4-6 medals would be especially with the current realm pop vs fort slots.