Recent Topics

Ads

Stealth mechanic adjustment

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
jokerspsycho

Re: Stealth mechanic adjustment

Post#21 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Gunlinger wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:47 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:49 pm Means that, especially WH, are well off in melee combat atm. Think as if you were any other melee. Wh engages, stuns you 3s, repost 4s parry, shroud for 7s of dodge, likely get your m1 off at this point for 7s of dodge and parry.

On his engagement and after, as a melee, you cannot take action vs that WH for 21s. Even without that stun, still 18s of 100% parry. They have good defensive for the design of the class imo.

-Wh engages, uses Opener, stuns you 3s (2.5s time for him because 1 GDC is the button+Animation of Opener and KD ), [3 Accusations gained by Opener(2) and KD(1)]
-Builds up 2 more Accusations by Seeker's Blade(1) and Torment(1)
some AA
-Enemy almost in standing up animation- (Enemy in Coms with Group will get focus Heal/Bubble at this point)
some AA
-BaL or other Finisher applied.
some AA
-Enemy stands up and Detaunts, uses CC, potts, attacks or all of that in order of his choice - (Enemy in Group with or without Coms will get focus Heal/Bubble or CLEANSED OFF WHs biggest Finischer)
-some AA and 1, 2 or 3 skills ( or standing/laying/send flying by CC + snared) (being detaunted and or hitting defence skill/Absorb/pott)
-repost 4s parry (3 sec to use other Skills because of the Animation) building up some Accusations and using shroud for 7s of DISRUPT (6 to use other Skills because of the Animation AND
Parry time is OVER) every Caster in range tryes to apply dot rotation.
some AA and some Potting Absorb and definatly AP.
-Enemy and other meele's beginn the gangrape
-some AA or being CCed to the ground by now.
-m1 off at this point for 7s of dodge and parry. (50/50 Chance to even being able to use m1 because of CC and or Moral drain)
-getting rekt or getting away (lol snare lol 100% chance to get set back on hit while casting Stealth lol even if in Stealth Magus and Squig pet still on target)

Rippost WH? 2010 Called and asks you to stop trolling.
Did u really just compare my statement about 1v1ing another melee being a pita for the other player, to one WH going up against a party?

The guy suggested shroud giving a 7s dodge with the disrupt so u can pop shroud after the kd, dodge any cc, disrupt the detaunt, solo, this should be enough time to get close to killing even with potting, then let them detaunt, pool ap, they cc and either run or try and kill u in their 2 skills they get during that cc then pop parry and kill.

Again solo vs melee it would be annoying and unneeded. Ofc going up against a group it wouldn't work. That was stupid to even bring up

Ads
warlover

Post#22 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:22 pm

3219000 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 am Hello fellow ROR players, I wish to keep this simple and short, after playing both WE and WH for some time and I feel that their stealth mechanic is a bit underwhelming. While I do not think a perm stealth is appropriate, I do think that the existing one should be improved to allow a more fluid gameplay that reflects its class identity;

Proposal

Stealth ability ( WH/WE lv 10 ability) reworked:
  • 2second cast time remains is interrupted upon receiving damage
  • Duration extended to 1min max
  • Cooldown = Half the time spent in stealth with a minimum cooldown of 5 seconds
  • +10% movement speed while stealthed

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated
I think its a good start might even need to do more but a good start :)

Arbich
Suspended

Post#23 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:47 pm

mhm... don´t know. WH seems balanced for me and WE might be even a bit stronger than WH.
Dont think a increase of stealth duration and decrease to its cooldown is needed. The duration seems fine, you have to plan your moves in advance.

But I would like to see sactified oil/elixir of shadows being core. Would fit with WH/WE playstyle of fast engagements/disengagements. But not sure which ability should go into the trees then, without buffing the WE/WH too much. Maybe declare anathema/agile escape, which is even after todays nerf still a nice ability you might want to grap, while not a "must have" like quick-stealth.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Arcrival

Post#24 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:45 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:47 pm mhm... don´t know. WH seems balanced for me and WE might be even a bit stronger than WH.
Dont think a increase of stealth duration and decrease to its cooldown is needed. The duration seems fine, you have to plan your moves in advance.

But I would like to see sactified oil/elixir of shadows being core. Would fit with WH/WE playstyle of fast engagements/disengagements. But not sure which ability should go into the trees then, without buffing the WE/WH too much. Maybe declare anathema/agile escape, which is even after todays nerf still a nice ability you might want to grap, while not a "must have" like quick-stealth.
:shock: What? Balanced? not even close and no I am not going to roll through all the posts that point that out supported by people that do and don't play the class.

Your other suggestion might be worth looking at but not sure what you would swap SO/ES with. Anthema/escape they have their uses but if they removed it wouldn't even phase me.
I don't totally disagree w/ your stealth comment but the stealth needs an adjustment no reason to have a 3 sec cast, reduce it to 1 sec at least. I would like to see either the CD starts from when you cast it or extend duration with a reduced cool down 10 sec or less. 60 seconds would let you get to most areas during a keep siege and actually cause a slight disruption not like you will do much or live long when you pop on that oil or shaman in a full WB.
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen: