Recent Topics

Ads

Differences with MDPS offensive sovereign

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
theoddone

Differences with MDPS offensive sovereign

Post#1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm

I found some differences in the offensive sovereign gear that made me confused. Especially the difference between marauder gear and choppa+WE.

1. Helm.

Mara helm [Sovereign Direhelm of the Abomination]
Choppa helm [Sovereign Skully of da Berserker]
WE helm [Sovereign Hexveil of the Avatar]

The mara helm has 5 more mainstat points, but 1% less armor pen. Does 1% armor pen=5 mainstats? I would rather have the 1% armor pen.

2. Boots
Mara boots [Sovereign Tramplers of the Abomination]
Choppa boots [Sovereign Stompas of da Berserker]
We boots [Sovereign Thighbinds of the Avatar]

Choppa boots get 1% more dodge. Mara gets 6 more mainstat. 1% dodge is better.

3. Jewlery
Mara jewlery [Sovereign Spikestrap of the Abomination]
Choppa jewlery [Sovereign Fangbone of da Berserker]
WE jewlery [Sovereign Lifeshard of the Avatar]

The choppa and WE jewelry are superior to the mara. While AP is good, crit will always be better. Reduced chance to be parried is highly situational while crit is always useful. Please make all the jewelries equal.

While this is a piece by piece comparison I have not seen any mara offensive sov piece that outperforms choppa or WE pieces... Please consider balancing the pieces.
If the person who did the stat allocation wants my advice in private, I am available on discord or through PM's.
-Theo

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Differences with MDPS offensive sovereign

Post#2 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:13 pm

theoddone wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm I found some differences in the offensive sovereign gear that made me confused. Especially the difference between marauder gear and choppa+WE.

1. Helm.

The mara helm has 5 more mainstat points, but 1% less armor pen. Does 1% armor pen=5 mainstats? I would rather have the 1% armor pen.

2. Boots

3. Jewlery

The choppa and WE jewelry are superior to the mara. While AP is good, crit will always be better. Reduced chance to be parried is highly situational while crit is always useful. Please make all the jewelries equal.

While this is a piece by piece comparison I have not seen any mara offensive sov piece that outperforms choppa or WE pieces... Please consider balancing the pieces.
If the person who did the stat allocation wants my advice in private, I am available on discord or through PM's.
I don't think anyone will ever PM you in Discord for advice.

There is a system in place, the sets are equivalent to each other based on that system. We're not out here guessing how many points each class should probably have.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

theoddone

Post#3 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:50 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:13 pm
theoddone wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm I found some differences in the offensive sovereign gear that made me confused. Especially the difference between marauder gear and choppa+WE.

1. Helm.

2. Boots

3. Jewlery

I don't think anyone will ever PM you in Discord for advice.

There is a system in place, the sets are equivalent to each other based on that system. We're not out here guessing how many points each class should probably have.
It would be great with some transparency regarding your "system". Because I don't understand how 5 mainstat points = 1 armor pen? Or how you value procs when some are obviously better than others...
-Theo

dirnsterer

Post#4 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:20 pm

System is as follows, make underwhelming high tier set, nerf previous sets or procs, "new" sets now might be okay.