Recent Topics

Ads

Bane Shield (less-so Discordant Fluctuation)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
toffikx

Re: Bane Shield (less-so Discordant Fluctuation)

Post#61 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Esperflame wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:18 pm This is a problem with the AoE cap, not Dire Shielding. Maybe consider at least dropping the AoE cap down to 12. It was nerfed on live because of Bright wizards and for good reason. Just admit you made a mistake in making it 24 and fix it and move on. The majority of people I talk with in discord agree that going from 9 to 24 was just stupid and overboard. That's the main issue I've had with a lot of the buffs and nerfs you do. You don't tweak or adjust, you just turn it the volume all the way to 11.
I agree with you about the 24 AoE cap. It seems to be causing a never-ending need for balance changes.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#62 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 pm

I see this is just a 24 cap AOE whine thread now? Well enjoy I guess.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Uchoo

Post#63 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:47 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 pm I see this is just a 24 cap AOE whine thread now? Well enjoy I guess.
Some great objectivity to hear from the staff!

Didn't it start as a Bane Shield whine thread? Why is this different? Different camps presenting their beliefs and you attack one but not the other?
Last edited by Uchoo on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#64 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:53 am

Uchoo wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:47 am
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 pm I see this is just a 24 cap AOE whine thread now? Well enjoy I guess.
Yeah, I was participating in the thread over a specific objective and people want to find a place to piss. Don't need to bother with that kind of energy, or yours.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Uchoo

Post#65 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:54 am

The argument is a bit of a derail, but certainly relevant to the post. I don't personally see it as "people pissing".
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Rumpel

Post#66 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:25 am

I really like the idea of ae counterspells!

It's ok when you have think twice doing ae for a period of time and not a whole time spam.

Back to some singletarget dmg pls. ☺
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Omegus

Post#67 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:15 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:53 am
Uchoo wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:47 am
Yeah, I was participating in the thread over a specific objective and people want to find a place to piss.
True, but it doesn't hurt to examine how this came to be an issue. The more people you're able to hit, the more you get hit back. All this time after the change (which wasn't exactly popular to begin with) and we're still playing whack-a-mole with the fallout with many more issues still out there.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Tarantoga

Post#68 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:27 am

Rumpel wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:25 am I really like the idea of ae counterspells!

It's ok when you have think twice doing ae for a period of time and not a whole time spam.

Back to some singletarget dmg pls. ☺
Agree. But then both realms should have something similar. At the moment only destro have the ability to scare away enemy aoe dps

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#69 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:40 am

Curse of Warhammer online has always been " wrong kind of pride "
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

ReturnOfTheMac

Post#70 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:28 am

It's a bit unusual to see bane shield get such high priority for a nerf while BW and engi AoE spam is tolerated. It does feel too easy to use because of the high uptime, but it's even more silly to see BWs freely nuke down choke points in rvr with impunity. Every scenario presented here, where bane shield is dealing insane damage to casters, includes those same casters dishing out thousands of damage per second to the enemy team. We should have some way to punish that or at least slow it down. It's bad that engi has no way to counter it, but it's far worse that an engi can go chill in a corner while their napalm is burning people on a choke point. The original poster complained how popping bane shield requires no skill or coordination, and they are right. I would argue that also applies to nuking a doorway or popping M2 when a push starts.

Even after the dire shielding rework, BWs in organized warbands were still raining fire non-stop on destro in every keep defense. It requires their group members to support them more, but every tank still ends fort sieges extra crispy from all BW aoe spam they have to endure.

I don't like the fact that it acts as a fire and forget kind of skill with a 56% uptime and I think that should be changed, but switching it to group members only, while having BW and engi AoE stay the same, is not ok. The dev team opted to give certain classes the ability to do high amounts of damage on a large number of people, and there should be some tools to slow them down or at least have the consider whether they have the support they need to do it. A choppa requires support to be able to pressure a choke point and so should other AoE specs.