Recent Topics

Ads

[Pet classes] Magus / Engi (WL/SH)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
NSKaneda

Re: [Pet classes] Magus / Engi (WL/SH)

Post#31 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:43 pm

They die as quickly as turrets/demons provided you go to front line. Keeping it mid to long range makes them survive 80% of encounters.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
wraithghost

Post#32 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:43 pm They die as quickly as turrets/demons provided you go to front line. Keeping it mid to long range makes them survive 80% of encounters.
For grenadier getting lost in the thick of it is the only way to survive you have allies and u have the confusion also the flame turret limits your range even more so unsure how mid to long range even works especially in a city, fort or siege where if u are on your own u just get jumped on and owned by anything and everything, so your turret surviving doesn't mean squat.

Defending in a siege and fort I use the long range turret constantly having to replace it then getting back to the wall/near door only for 1 aoe to just kill it and to then have to start all over again. In attack it lasts way longer I agree but only if u stay way away from anything so you can only use 1 or 2 skills then wait for CD which is great fun.

NSKaneda

Post#33 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 am

wraithghost wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:43 pm They die as quickly as turrets/demons provided you go to front line. Keeping it mid to long range makes them survive 80% of encounters.
For grenadier getting lost in the thick of it is the only way to survive you have allies and u have the confusion also the flame turret limits your range even more so unsure how mid to long range even works especially in a city, fort or siege where if u are on your own u just get jumped on and owned by anything and everything, so your turret surviving doesn't mean squat.
Why short range turret when 'nade one gives you interrupt on casters/healers AND allows you to cast on the move?

For my engie (grenadier, not tink, as I find it most mobile) it's best to stay with heals or 2nd line and just flank - recall turret - dot dot dot dot napalm burst - relocate - recall turret and repeat. I don't like to loose that 8x buff and as I relocate I only loose 1-2...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

Deifact

Post#34 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:30 am

Having a way to keep the bonuses from demons/turrets and still being able to move would be great, even if it has a drawback.
Maybe being able to absorb the summoned demon to get all stacks but while merged AP or HP is drained or armor is reduced.

NSKaneda

Post#35 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Deifact wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:30 am Having a way to keep the bonuses from demons/turrets and still being able to move would be great, even if it has a drawback.
Maybe being able to absorb the summoned demon to get all stacks but while merged AP or HP is drained or armor is reduced.
Few years ago in RoR you could've spawned a turret in Warcamp and keep the bonus for half a map. Talk about OP ;)

Perhaps making CD on turret/demon recall shorter - make it 15s instead of 20s as it is now. This would make the gameplay more mobile and on par with constantly changing battlefield while retaining intended class mechanic.

Any changes to pets, making them more mobile, making them absorbed, immune to dmg or other - in short making them obsolete - requires reworking 4 classes, each possessing at least two "pet-less" builds, tactics, skills and whatnot. This is not the way.

wraithghost

Post#36 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:40 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 am
wraithghost wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm
Why short range turret when 'nade one gives you interrupt on casters/healers AND allows you to cast on the move?

For my engie (grenadier, not tink, as I find it most mobile) it's best to stay with heals or 2nd line and just flank - recall turret - dot dot dot dot napalm burst - relocate - recall turret and repeat. I don't like to loose that 8x buff and as I relocate I only loose 1-2...
I use flame to hit extra targets with the aoe increase, gain the defensive stats and I run trench fighting as well. All the turrets should be use able and not die instantly to aoe, more so the flamer as it has to be close to you and therefore you closer the enemy, but the others die way to quick as well. If someone targets them and focuses them they should die as they do but it takes no thought at all to disable nearly half your damage.

NSKaneda

Post#37 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 pm

And all the classes should survive and noone should die. And yet we play a game of 10s morale pumping and morale bombing encounters where most players rush to front line to drop that extra few dps numbers on equally eager opposition.

You want your turrets/demons to survive in a heat of a front line battle? Build for it.
Reinforced casing + Well oiled machine would be a good start.

No class should have it all and not suffer for it.

Malin8

Post#38 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:39 pm

If the tactics that have an intention of making the turrets tankier actually supplied Toughness/wounds in any amount that would matter, then i would love to be able to have the option.

Right now, my Pink horror dies to three ticks of the Bright Wizard Rain of Fire, with BOTH tactics to increase Toughness/Wounds it lasts for four..

I would be fine with keeping the current amount of wounds/toughness/resistance as it seems fair enough that a DPS can select and blow up a daemon/turret in a 2-3 seconds. But make them more resilient to AoE damage, something like a 90% reduction.

Ads
Starx

Post#39 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:45 pm

I really dont get why ppl keep talking about tactics to make demons useable.

Imagine if BW/Sorc had to run tactic to take less damage from backlash, and then another tactic to get an extra 50% crit damage from tactic. Please for the love of god stop, lets not fix our shitty class mechanic by gimping the class even worse than it already is via removing tactic slots.

It would be another story if demons actually did dmg and weren't glorified statues that give us buffs unlike lions, but go ahead and see if a demon can even do enough dmg to outpace anyone's natural in combat health regen.

NSKaneda

Post#40 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Malin8 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:39 pm If the tactics that have an intention of making the turrets tankier actually supplied Toughness/wounds in any amount that would matter, then i would love to be able to have the option.

Right now, my Pink horror dies to three ticks of the Bright Wizard Rain of Fire, with BOTH tactics to increase Toughness/Wounds it lasts for four..
You know, even tanks can't stand in BWs Rain of Fire and brush off the dmg. Get real. Relocate, recall. Standing in aoe and expecting it to be a nuisance one can brush off while applying their own aoe (should it be a nuisance as well?) is ....... [fill in the blank]

Starx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:45 pm It would be another story if demons actually did dmg and weren't glorified statues that give us buffs unlike lions, but go ahead and see if a demon can even do enough dmg to outpace anyone's natural in combat health regen.
Making pink demon dmg and range on par with engie machine gun turret would solve that. Or nerfing mg turret down to pink demon numbers. I don't mind either way :)