Recent Topics

Ads

Change for Shaman/AM group cleanse tactic.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jabba

Change for Shaman/AM group cleanse tactic.

Post#1 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:51 am

It would probably be too strong if this tactic was merged with green cleanin/apotheosis, but these tactics should be made so that they stack if you have both. It would give shaman/am an aoe hot, something that all the other healers have (even if this would still be inferior and more unreliable than those the others have access to). It wouldn't be overpowered whatsoever either imo, as it would require 2 of your tactic slots, and depending on your build, you couldn't even get the tactic until 6pc sov as you lack the points for it.

It would probably still require a fix for the sov 7th pc ap proc before you even had the tactics spare for it, as you can't really drop resto burst as it is now unless you have a zealot to boost your ap, it would however offer am/shammy something more to their toolkit to potentially make them a bit more desirable.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
cimator

Re: Change for Shaman/AM group cleanse tactic.

Post#2 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:22 am

Definitely agreed, I dont think it would be too strong tbh, you use a 2 tactic combo, and still get a fairly weak aoe hot, that the other healers get without any effort(Zeal-RP with core ability, Dok-WP with 5th mastery ability)
I think you can make the 230 absorb when you cleanse work with the aoe cleanse tactic aswell. I think this would really help then become a viable choice.
Shaman and AM are already less desired compared to the usual Zealot-Dok and RP-WP setup, especially AM being the weakest healer atm could even use some more buffs on top of this and still be ok.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Serilian

Post#3 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:52 am

Agreed.

Starx

Post#4 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:36 pm

I agree as well but this isn't the change AM/Sham need to be relevant outside of warband play where they already have a solid niche role w/ fodg/eov and insta res. These classes suffer from their small scale/general play viability the most and imo that's not stemming from their inability to group cleanse/hot.

Jabba

Post#5 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 pm

Starx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:36 pm I agree as well but this isn't the change AM/Sham need to be relevant outside of warband play where they already have a solid niche role w/ fodg/eov and insta res. These classes suffer from their small scale/general play viability the most and imo that's not stemming from their inability to group cleanse/hot.
Oh i agree, but something like this, coupled with fixes to sov would go a fair way to helping out with their usefulness
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Telen
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Two tzctic slots for an erratic aoe hot seems a steep price. Seems like another very niche AM spec. Trying to replicate something the core healer that every group has without removing it from that core healer doesnt really do anything for balance. Youre still going to take wp/dok for gclease ghot if both classes have it and rp/zea can just spam clease anything they miss. The persistent problem is there nothing the wp/rp duo cant handle so nothing to give to the am so they have a role. Shaman at least have being uncatchable. Mythics original mistake of taking a frontline aoe healer and giving it a backline spec made the real backline healer redundant.

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Telen wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:44 pm Two tzctic slots for an erratic aoe hot seems a steep price. Seems like another very niche AM spec. Trying to replicate something the core healer that every group has without removing it from that core healer doesnt really do anything for balance. Youre still going to take wp/dok for gclease ghot if both classes have it and rp/zea can just spam clease anything they miss. The persistent problem is there nothing the wp/rp duo cant handle so nothing to give to the am so they have a role. Shaman at least have being uncatchable. Mythics original mistake of taking a frontline aoe healer and giving it a backline spec made the real backline healer redundant.
It's not like the Shammy/AM intended archetype role of building up mechanic for a strong heal or dps spell really worked as a means to keep people alive either. The hybrid concept of all the other healers have failed as well.

Telen
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:00 pm

I think by this point anyone that played the class on live and here understand that hybrids just are not possible in war. Its too much of an archtype dependant game. I'll regularly put up more healing than a average healer while playing hybrid and getting near the top in dbs so I can jack off to the tell from people asking me for advice. What they dont know is that I could have just healed the whole sc and we would have won even easier. If the other side dont have the dps to push through lifetaps and hots then it was a win from the start. Much of this game could be played by good players in their sleep but when it really counts hybrids will never cut it.

It also doesnt help that the devs here balance in a vacuum. One class at a time without any concept of how that affect overall balance. No mmo developers work like that.

Ads
cimator

Post#9 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:13 pm

Starx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:36 pm I agree as well but this isn't the change AM/Sham need to be relevant outside of warband play where they already have a solid niche role w/ fodg/eov and insta res. These classes suffer from their small scale/general play viability the most and imo that's not stemming from their inability to group cleanse/hot.
Of course, this isnt gonna be enough to make them viable enough to consider them over dok/wp, but I think this is a step in the right direction.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop