[rSH/rSW] Mechanics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ugle

Re: [rSH/rSW] Mechanics

Post#11 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:09 pm

diedrake wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:57 am Outdated specline restriction in an outdated mmo... Yes. Plus that abil would benefit from putting skill points into skirm/run n shoot as you wish to use it on the run.

Also, centuries training tactic if that was increased, that would increase for all high elf as that is a racial tactic. I wouldnt mind that on my WL but as we both know that would have serious negative impact on the game.
Well with a set % debuff it wouldnt increase whith specline investment, so no.
Otoh if you moved AA/WB to QS/Skirm there would be absolutley no reason to go BS/Scout (like there is one anyways, lol, at least for SWs, in addition you would encounter the problem of where to actually put it, and what to remove/move.
Spoiler:
Regarding CoT, I think you could both increase the dmg, the proc chance and proc chance on all targets like with split arrows to lets say 1000 dmg over 3 sec, 50% proc chance and it just might be a contender versus other tactics, thats how tactic spot starved high elves classes are in order to be viable and how shlt the tactic is. In its current form its on the top 3 worst tactics for most high elf classes IMO, in direct contrast to most other racial tactics..

It would only function as an aoe pressure tactic for wb play, where both SM, (DPS)AM and SW all needs some love. (maybe SM in the least degree)
edit: spoilered the sligthly Offtopic for this thread
inactive

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#12 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:47 pm

Id like to see a mechanic were Big Shoota/Scout ignores more Armour and Tough if the bearer is a robe/light armor class. And Quick Shoota/Skirmish ignores more Dodge and Armour if bearer is Medium armor class. Also the dmg penalty for Split Arrows tactic for both classes should be removed or lowerd drasticly.

cfabr

Post#13 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:15 pm

Something that would work aswell would be if the [shoot thru ya/lileath's arrow] would be affected by the 50% rangebuff on "shootin wif da wind", would add that little extra length and keep the frontline atleast an 100ft away.

Spyked1106

Post#14 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:27 pm

cfabr wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:07 am So in the world of ranged physical dps, it's pretty hard too be any kind of serious threat with everybody stacking armor like crazy. You cant even damage siege weapons, because they pretty much block everything you throw at them (again because its physical dps). I can easily hit Ballistic skills softcap at lvl 40/40 with talismans, tactics, potions and reknown lvl's, but i'll still hit nothing with no actually weapon skills too go with it. If i put everything into weapon skill (With no potions too go with weapon skills) i can barelly reach 600 WS at lvl40/40, which is still not enough too be any kind of serious threat. I dont have the perfect solution for this (and i dont know if this would actually make a difference) but if there would be some kind of mechanic like squiq armor (or a reknown tactic slot), but for ranged rSH/rSW instead. Basically it would make weapon skills you're primary stat and turn all you're primary stats from BS->WS. It would also (when using this reknown tactic) turn you're masterful aim from BS->WS. Like this, i'd actually have a change of hitting WS softcap and maybe bring a little extra to the battlefields as a ranged physical dps.

Any thoughts on that, would that make a differnce?
LOL this build
its a troll
you ve 0 crit
0 crit dps
0 dps

always noobs are QQ on forums and they re building like ****....and ask ... "What am I doing wrong? ouin...."

cfabr

Post#15 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Spyked1106 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:27 pm
cfabr wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:07 am So in the world of ranged physical dps, it's pretty hard too be any kind of serious threat with everybody stacking armor like crazy. You cant even damage siege weapons, because they pretty much block everything you throw at them (again because its physical dps). I can easily hit Ballistic skills softcap at lvl 40/40 with talismans, tactics, potions and reknown lvl's, but i'll still hit nothing with no actually weapon skills too go with it. If i put everything into weapon skill (With no potions too go with weapon skills) i can barelly reach 600 WS at lvl40/40, which is still not enough too be any kind of serious threat. I dont have the perfect solution for this (and i dont know if this would actually make a difference) but if there would be some kind of mechanic like squiq armor (or a reknown tactic slot), but for ranged rSH/rSW instead. Basically it would make weapon skills you're primary stat and turn all you're primary stats from BS->WS. It would also (when using this reknown tactic) turn you're masterful aim from BS->WS. Like this, i'd actually have a change of hitting WS softcap and maybe bring a little extra to the battlefields as a ranged physical dps.

Any thoughts on that, would that make a differnce?
LOL this build
its a troll
you ve 0 crit
0 crit dps
0 dps

always noobs are QQ on forums and they re building like ****....and ask ... "What am I doing wrong? ouin...."
Well, thank you ... You have been really helpfull and brought much too this discussion. If this isn't the place too share thoughts and ideas, where then? :lol: .

NSKaneda

Post#16 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Excellent suggestion with wb?/aa being castable on the move, I often omit that skill from rotation (same as all big shooting skills, I dislike being stationary in a fight) unless I am in a siege or well hidden in a bush somewhere.
Cast time reduction... With armour debuff being percentage, not flat number value I think we can keep light armour casters more or less distressed but happy and keep an edge against all targets despite it being T1, mid tier or T4, decimator or sovereign.
Instacasting armour debuff - I can already see in how many ways I could abuse it and make opposition log out in rage. Powerful tool requires equally powerful handicap otherwise it becomes nuke button for salt generation so reducing cast time to 1 second OR keeping it 1.5 - 1.75s cast on the move but prone to staggering like shoot thru ya / lileath's arrow would make the skill more usable. Hell, even locking it as speccable in long range tree in place of Festering arrow / Poison arrer (why do these have different dmg values?) would be a trade off I'd be happy with.

Having an option to cast on the move... For some time I thought about squigs giving bonuses similar to engie turrets, but SWs would be excluded from such mechanic. On the other hand SWs having cast on the move and range increase on an unremovable stance would make my herda cry out "orda bias". This is dead end.
Big shooting/scout however could definitely use a rework since even with No Quarter / Aimin' Quickly cast times are way too long to be used on a dynamic battlefield (but work great in sieges or scenarios). I'd love to hear from BS/Scouts out there, since live I've been running with quick shooting / skirmisher and use long range tree only for range reducer and as dmg increaser. And I know of a few SHs and SWs that make their BS/S builds work like a charm - so maybe it's just fault of my personal playstyle.

We already have cast time reduction tactic that has a synergy which works so well that it had to be nerfed by RoR devs - a decision that I, reluctantly, support. Unfortunately it resulted with (reworked) shoot thru ya animation to bug out even with selected enemy being on point-blank range - I guess server latency plays a big part in that 20feet range needed for faster casting.

Thanks for your input and big shoutout to SWs hunting my poor gobbos out there - I'm always happy to see my fellow archers on a battlefield :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

kayin

Post#17 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:56 pm

Easiest fix, remove armor talisman. thats the suggestion you should make. Ding that would make rdps and the we/wh way better, 2 birds one fix.

NSKaneda

Post#18 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:18 pm

kayin wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:56 pm Easiest fix, remove armor talisman. thats the suggestion you should make. Ding that would make rdps and the we/wh way better, 2 birds one fix.
Radical, I kinda dig the idea. Especially with RoR change where you can't stack armour buffs and armour pots.
Still leaves us with armour debuff being on the verge of over performing on early armour sets and being obsolete with warlord+
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
cfabr

Post#19 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:38 pm

kayin wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:56 pm Easiest fix, remove armor talisman. thats the suggestion you should make. Ding that would make rdps and the we/wh way better, 2 birds one fix.
Well that would indeed be an interesting choice and add some value to the 4 classes. Ppl would actually have to start rely on their positioning and overall awareness instead of, who can stack the most armor.

roadkillrobin

Post#20 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:49 pm

You're gonna have to do A LOT of damage re-allocation after that. Remember both Mythic and RoR balancing and testing was done with armor talismans in the game, and it's been a staple to slot for the sake of player feedback for almost as long as the game been out. Maybe a efficiency increase in the other talisman would be a better solution?