Recent Topics

Ads

My feedback on SOR addon

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wraithghost

My feedback on SOR addon

Post#1 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:09 pm

This addon in my opinion is a massive factor causing these Keep stalemates, People mostly flock to the map with the greatest numbers, with a door under attack, with the inner door tagged, with a 2* keep or that is about to go to fort. If people had to work for this info they would be slower to react, there wouldn't be so many people on the same map and because of that, realm communication would hopefully rise and multiple map pushes would happen more often without getting shutdown because everyone knows about them happening straight away.

This happened the other night...Order pushes keep, destro holds numbers advantage so stalemate (outer is down), so an Order guild goes to another map takes 50 out of 350ish out of map A to the next and starts pushing another keep in map B. As soon as Destro sees the numbers they push and wipe the 1st keep then follow on to map B to zerg and wipe the 50 or so in the other map. I am not saying this wouldn't still happen but it would happen so much slower with that info at hand if people left the keep strategically out of site, small numbers at a time and maybe just maybe it would have bought the other guild enough time on map B.

So much campaign map strategy and scouting is completely nullified by this addon.

Would love to see it disabled for a trial of a Month just to see the effects.

Maybe I am wrong but it would be nice to see some actual campaign map strategy other than playing sheep.

Ads
wraithghost

Re: My feedback on SOR addon

Post#2 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:17 am

Nobody else feels this add on takes away from the strategy of the campaign?

Nekkma

Post#3 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:58 am

it has been discussed quite recently here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37270

Some critique was also brought up by Wam in latest patch notes thread if i recall correclty.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Draugris

Post#4 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:02 am

Well,

i see where you are coming from but removing the addon would only be a first step. If you want it to be like there is no way to query something like population, keep or zone status etc. you would have to remove the possibility from the addon API, I have no clue if that is technically doable with reasonable effort. Of course, it would be better if this information could only be passed by humans in a way you have to organize people who scout zones and report to wb leaders etc. but I do feel that we do not have this kind of organized play here anyway.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

TreefAM

Post#5 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:29 am

I agree that SoR can be pretty annoying, but it also helps smaller groups stay out of the zergfest maps and give us info we need to move to a less populated map.
EH siege wipes never happen because someone looks up the numbers, it's obvious if you see a whole wb just leave the siege, or if you organize a flank with oil poping.

Alfa1986

Post#6 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:47 am

that’s right, people don’t need to know in which zone how many people are in real time. this has a very bad effect on siege tactics. Let's look, Destro tries to capture a Keep in zone A and they fail. after that, they quickly move to zone B, but while they move to the keep to take a ram, order is looking at that the number of enemies in zone B has increased and is well aware that destro will now seige the keep in zone B, and they change their location for deffence. when destro gets to the outer doors, order is already waiting theirs.

I see that the display of the real number of players was made for a better search of the battlefield, but it may be worthwhile to showcast these numbers with a certain delay (10-15 minutes), or replace the numbers themselves with color indicators (green, blue, yellow, red) for displaying the population of this zone?
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

saupreusse
Developer

Post#7 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:02 am

You focus on the wrong thing. The problem is that keeps cant be taken when there are too many players. Before sor was here ppl were just trading empty zones. The zone pop counter on sor could use a delay of 5 to 10 minutes though to make it harder for warbands to simply just cycle through keep defenses all day long.

Telen
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 am

I remember on live when there was populaiton on the servers I went through that when a keep was tagged you always got a zerg show up to defend. Its just the best way to make renown. Tagging other keeps when you could just go and send someone to hit a door was part of taking a keep.

Ads
Draugris

Post#9 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:39 am

saupreusse wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:02 am Before sor was here ppl were just trading empty zones.
To be fair, before SoR was here the population numbers were different. I don´t think that with how the numbers are now empty zone trading would happen regularly.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Vayra

Post#10 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:52 am

I would support disabling SoR for a while to see how it impacts the campaign. Smaller groups can easily avoid zergy zones/areas by looking at the map and seeing where the biggest fight markers are.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG