Recent Topics

Ads

Increase Order Tankmodel size by 10% - I have the Power!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mordecaieth

Re: Increase Order Tankmodel size by 10% - I have the Power!

Post#21 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:22 pm

The problem seems to be more of people not interested in playing order tanks (which are great classes btw). Changing the size of them... I just don't get it. You're a normal human in plate armor. Not Karl Franz himself.

The suggestion to make the IB a little thicker would be cool, but again... If you make the tanks bigger, people will still see how they look in character creation anyways and if they aren't interested - they aren't interested.

This isn't a horrible suggestion or idea but it might not have as much of a positive impact like you think it would.

Ads
Wap

Post#22 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:23 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:20 pm Because I prefer the trees and skills of SM but have seen end game appearances, which I dont like, so I wont play one. If you like wearing a battle dress I wont fault you. I just prefer actual armor.

Fun comes first, then comes appearance, then comes viability. I do main a WH after all :)

Although i agree with your prior statement that it would be nice to have a non dress option (for people like You), but i don't think this is the main fix for the order tank shortage. Neither is their size (but that would be a nice QoL for body blocking, even with it's cons).

jokerspsycho

Post#23 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Wap wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:23 pm i don't think this is the main fix for the order tank shortage.
I agree with that. The classes need looked at and adjusted and I've stated that earlier in this thread. The normal armor was my personal preference and would make me want to play a tank regardless of its viability and I could see a handful of people being in that camp with me.

There are a LOT of QoL changes that could be made (again I'm a wh lol), I'm not in a position to say what our tanks need because I dont play one. For me, tanks are guard bots in SCs or body blocking me from escaping into our keep after dropping an m4 bomb lol.

Edit: found this in the SW thread, https://imgur.com/a/liPSgql , if it is accurate, my thought was that BO and chosen look cooler than BG so that those 2 would have more representation. I personally think a lot of people choose their initial classes off of archetype, their physical look, then look at their skills.

M0rw47h

Post#24 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:45 pm

If my petite tanks will become even 1% bigger I reroll DPS.

Nameless

Post#25 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Make only ib big as dwarves keep lords, or give them some pot that allow that so ppl choose how big to be
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Omegus

Post#26 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:33 am increasing size > increasing hitbox > increasing body block + making it easier to target

Just saying.
Can't you control clickable hitbox and bodyblock radius separately?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

hammerhead

Post#27 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:56 pm

I fully support the idea!
And finally make two-seat gyrocopter so that my IB could earn some money as a taxi driver in Altdorf.
Last edited by hammerhead on Thu May 14, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\|)o0(|/)

boomcat
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:56 pm

if any gonna get size increased, i vote WEs,, bigger boobs & butts, and in eye height
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#29 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:10 pm

How about instead of increasing the size of the player model you just increase the size of the weapons. Like some SW swords used to be bugged to be the size of a 2 hander, you do the same treatment for the 1 handers for order tanks. Would that be enough to drive players to play a tank on order, maybe? It might even drive more tanks to run SnB.

Your armor might not look great but at least you have a bigass weapon to flail around. :lol:
Trismack

TimOh

Post#30 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:45 pm

I think people want to put far too much emphasis on the wrong things as the reason for the tank shortage.

Swordmasters are not "wearing dresses" and that sentiment just seems immature to me. Knight and ironbreaker appearance is also well designed.

Making the order tanks larger does not make sense and, at least for me, would make me less likely to play one. This is coming from someone that has been playing a destro tank for some time now and recently decided to switch to order to help even out the tank population.

One question that I have been wondering is. If melee dps, especially aoe specs, were either toned down or maybe even just a smaller aoe cap. Would the larger percent of destro tanks matter as much. The data that was in the other thread indicated that choppas were played quite a lot, and currently the meta is all about melting people with a mass of aoe spam. If there was less aoe or a smaller cap, would this reduce the efficacy of melee trains and BW bombs, and create more space for different warband compositions and help ranged classes not be deleted the second an mdps get withinn 40ft.

In addition if leaps and pulls were either out of the game or had half the range they do now, this could potentially allow for varied compositions and playstyles. As it is right now anyone with a leap can just port onto anybody in their 65' range and either aoe the area(mSh) or burst some people down(aSW? and WL). These leaps, and to some extent pulls, can invalidate the benefits of range with extremely little effort. Mdps already have a move speed increase and a root/snare immunity for mobility, so is it neccessary for leaps to exist? I understand that ranged should'nt just auto win any fight that they encounter with an mdps class, but the ability to invalidate range encourages melee trains and the large aoe cap encourages aoe spam.