Recent Topics

Ads

BeastLord questline proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
giammai

BeastLord questline proposal

Post#1 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:16 pm

First thing first, I need to briefly introduce my post:
I experienced some time ago an issue with Beastlord questline. I "lost" my fifth BL token because of an unexpected crash of the server. The rollback of the restart wiped the token which I purchased just a few mins before. I had at that point all the set pieces and 4/5 BL Tokens, but no purchasable pocket items..

I made then some research looking for a solution and I founded none, but also, that I wasn’t the only one who experienced that situation. Some of the posts i've found:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27723
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36935
viewtopic.php?t=24890
Then I posted some lines, trying to find an answer. Here you can find my posts (Bugtracker and Forum) with some more details:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/16405
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37522

At that point, a Devs propose me to leave here suggestions for some solutions. Maybe can be used for a future rework of the quest and avoid that other people will have the same problem like me, again?

So, here i collected some ideas:

1. Introduce an “influence” system for BL questline. Killing the Beasts will give you his own influence, as Gunbad, C&T, etc does. For example: 1st reward a RR potion, 2nd a perennial/consumable item (like a nice talisman which will perish in X days, or a +20 ‘range’ tali) and 3rd, as final reward, the BL Pocket item. This solution I think will give us an alternative ‘immersive’ way to obtain it. This will surely NOT be the shortest way to obtain the pocket item, because we will need to do all the bosses, let’s say, twice in order to complete the influence but it's at least an alternative.

2. Killing a Beasts will drops items (like livers, tongues, warts, havenoidewhatimsaying XD) which can then be exchanged with BL tokens by the Npc as a trophy.

3. Introduce a unique quest which will substitute entirely the killing quests stage. This quest will be unlockable ONLY when you gain the BL Ward. This quest will give you the pocket item as a reward. You will be able to take that quest directly from the NPC in Alt/IC which sell actually the pocket item. The item will become so a “reward” for the quest line, instead of purchasable item. Once obtained the item, the quest will be complete and so, deactivated. No more BL token will exist in the game at that point.

4. The simpler I can think: the LAST stage quests (the killing quests) can be transformed in repeatable quests? I think this will cause no “bad” consequences, even if someone want to take profit from it and “farm” BL tokens and obtaining multiples pocket items.. This attitude will anyway lead nowhere because we cannot actually sell the items, nor exchange it, nor equip them twice… This solutions maybe gives also to Devs the possibility to add more content in the future, purchasable with BL tokens

sorry for my bad Eng, hope this will be understandable

In conclusion I think that atm this “system” of purchasing the pocketitem need a rework. Especially because of the stability issues we are continuously performing on RoR servers. I’m sure that other players will have the same problem in the future..

Thx for reading it!

Ads