Recent Topics

Ads

Not getting into cities compensation.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tillbeast

Re: Not getting into cities compensation.

Post#31 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm

To be honest it probably a mix of both order switching to a destro alt and for destro player order alts switching back to there main. Players taking advantage of the broken meta...order win forts/keep seiges whilst destro win city/scenario.

Ads
gglanouille

Post#32 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Tillbeast wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm To be honest it probably a mix of both order switching to a destro alt and for destro player order alts switching back to there main. Players taking advantage of the broken meta...order win forts/keep seiges whilst destro win city/scenario.
if orders winning keeps sieges/forts, why Altdor is sieged often ?

AxelF

Post#33 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:02 pm

nat3s wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:15 pm
AxelF wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:01 pm
nat3s wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:46 am It's not your loyal Destro players that are the problem, it's the Order cross-realmers hopping over to Destro.
Priceless

Never not Order's fault! Us humble, loyal and well-mannered Destro players are merely the victims here... always, and in any context!!

Meta gaming 101!
I have no dog in this fight - I'm a filthy casual so getting Sov gear is just not a concern for me, and I don't have a massive affiliation for one side or the other. Trying to portray this as one side's fault is hilarious though, especially as you describe your 'loyal Destro players' and the filthy Order cross realmers...

Even better, in this particular instance you're ascribing blame to the wrong side - the playerbase generally wants to play cities on their main to gear up with Sov, and some on both sides are seemingly happy to xrealm to push to a city asap. They'll always swap back to their main for the city though, so if a large chunk of people logged off order and logged into destro, I'm afraid it might just be your 'loyal destro' at fault that time... :lol:

jimpjorps

Post#34 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:07 pm

I think it'd be nice to have a small token amount of compensation for queuing but not getting in, like the amount for losing one phase. There's an opportunity cost to sitting in queue for half an hour, like not being able to level other characters or do dungeons or scenarios, so it'd be nice to have something to make up for dedicating that time to waiting but not getting an opportunity to play. Third-string players get Super Bowl rings, too.

"It's (your side's) fault for being overpopulated, suck it up and deal with it or reroll" isn't really an answer either because most of us have social ties or personal preferences that keep us tied to one faction over the other. I don't want to play a dwarf or a high elf, and most of my guildmates don't either.
AxelF wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:02 pm They'll always swap back to their main for the city though, so if a large chunk of people logged off order and logged into destro, I'm afraid it might just be your 'loyal destro' at fault that time... :lol:
From what I understand, this phenomenon is happening because there's a lot of players that already have Order-side mains geared up, so they're now leveraging those characters to help get their opposite-side alts geared up too.
Last edited by jimpjorps on Wed May 20, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

amagawd

Post#35 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:10 pm

My suggestion is: if you haven't contributed to the war effort, you shouldn't be allowed in the city. This way u avoid realm swappers, alt swappers and so on. Many-a times I've noticed ppl forming groups for cities before the city is even open. I mean I'm trying to win a fort while u just reap the rewards safe in the city, making your nice WB?
Get on your main, kill some opposition and maybe u get in the city. Not afk and just free currency.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

jimpjorps

Post#36 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 pm

amagawd wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:10 pm My suggestion is: if you haven't contributed to the war effort, you shouldn't be allowed in the city. This way u avoid realm swappers, alt swappers and so on. Many-a times I've noticed ppl forming groups for cities before the city is even open. I mean I'm trying to win a fort while u just reap the rewards safe in the city, making your nice WB?
Get on your main, kill some opposition and maybe u get in the city. Not afk and just free currency.
Yeah, my suggestion would be something like this:

If your character
  • is at least CR40/RR50
  • was in the top 75% of contribution in one of the two fort sieges that opened the city siege
  • queued within the first 5 minutes of availability, and was still in the queue when it closed
you get a "reserve army" consolation reward of whatever you'd receive for losing one round of the city siege instance.

Tillbeast

Post#37 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 pm

gglanouille wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:48 pm
Tillbeast wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm To be honest it probably a mix of both order switching to a destro alt and for destro player order alts switching back to there main. Players taking advantage of the broken meta...order win forts/keep seiges whilst destro win city/scenario.
I been playing for 4 or 5 months now and 9 times out of 10 its IC thats being raided not Altdorf.

jokerspsycho

Post#38 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Tillbeast wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 pm
gglanouille wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:48 pm
I been playing for 4 or 5 months now and 9 times out of 10 its IC thats being raided not Altdorf.
....where were you the last few weeks? We just started recently sieging IC (was a 5* yesterday iirc). Everyone has city loggers and xrealmers. It's how the game goes until they adjust the lockout.

Also in pretty sure the last city (this morning @5:30am est) was altdorf.

Ads
Gunlinger

Post#39 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Your fault. NO! Your fault...
Order is Xrealming....No no Destro is Xrealming...

You bunch of Fools!

The X REALMERS are Xrealming. They do it with 40/80 Chars on both sides of their Accounts and some even do it with a second Account.

But hey go on and try to figure out if it is the fault of the 100 Players who switch to destro, when it comes close to Reikwald. Or if it is the fault of the 100 Players who switch to order, when it come close to the Mav.

And for all the Slayers and W Lions constantly complayning about ranged especially Engis.
Just cut it. You just mad, that they are Top on Dmg and Kills when it comes to sieges.
And btw. ORDER begged for this by constantly DEMANDING more Magnet Engis for Keeps and Forts just some Month ago before City was brought in. Now the Meta turned again, but guess what. They are still there. They began to like that Class and will propably stay with it.

It is as it always was. Flavor of the Month is switching, same as Meta does. Do not forget how YOU told all them Engis and SW, that there are to much of them, and that they don't deserve any WB spot. Because maybe sooner then you think, Meta will switch and then people will tell that about your Slayers and White Lions.
And now go on bragging who's fault it is that you get no City spot on a 600 vs 250 Pop.
Happy Days.

jokerspsycho

Post#40 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Gunlinger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:29 pm Meta will switch and then people will tell that about your Slayers and White Lions.
WL maybe, but while rampage and GTdC are here, don't think those classes will be going anywhere. Never know though I suppose, meta swaps are one patch away sometimes, just not the recent ones lol.