Recent Topics

Ads

Not getting into cities compensation.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
EsthelielSunfury

Re: Not getting into cities compensation.

Post#11 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:49 pm

I knew this thread would pop the moment City happened in EU primetime. Most of the cityloggers are playing Destro for some rather obvious reasons and that makes it harder for solo players to get into City.

That being said, today we got matched against a solo PuG Destro team on our 12 man. I've never seen it happen, so I'm guessing Destro wasn't so busy making 2/2/2 WBs (as we're constantly being told as a reason for Order being awful) considering so many soloers got in and matched at 15 mins remaining on queue time.

Sucks for the rest who didn't but that's what happens when you play the more popular faction. It's a compromise you make for added numbers on Keep sieges. There's already participation awards for simply losing, which are more than fine. Getting rewards for not getting in the first place is yikes.

Ads
RORquest

Post#12 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm There's only really one class discrepancy between the two sides that makes more destro classes warband viable. Its the people not playing the right classes that skews the numbers so poorly on Order side.

Pug friendly + wanted:
Runepriest/Zealot
Warrior Priest/DoK
Knight/Chosen
Swordmaster/Black Orc
Bright Wizard/Sorc
Slayer/Choppa
**White Lion (arguable)/Marauder (arguable)
??????/mSquig Herder

No more than 1 a warband, 2 max
Engineer/Magus
Witch Hunter/Witch Elf
Archmage/Shaman
Shadow Warrior/???????

**Coordinated WL players can be nasty. Pug players not so much. Fix Marauder morale drain and "arguable" tag will be removed.
so i guess IB should just be deleted?

Drys

Post#13 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:10 pm

Tillbeast wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:38 pm I understand not everyone can get into a city due to player number balance but would it be possible to reward players who qualify for cities but don't get a spot to be given compensation for the dissapointed. 1 or 2 medallions of the appropriate type would suffice.

Another idea would be would be for excess players to face off vs each other. If there is enough destro/order players to make 2 full wbs from those who could not get a spot create a separate instance where they fight each other. Place large red/blue flags over each characters model for identification and let them slug it out. Just do not count the result towards the win/loss results to determine city overall outcome.

Personally being eu its hard to participate in cities as most are done in NA prime and character progression is painfully slow.

There's no real "qualification" for city other than being CR40, so wouldn't this just mean everyone gets 1-2 medals just for being online? Shouldn't the fact that T2 zones open up during cities and puting inv in gold/purple bags be compensation enough. Go to the T2 zone and get contribution instead of waiting around in Maw. Then you get your 1-2 medals :)
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Kloaner

Post#14 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:46 pm

Spoiler:
RORquest wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:56 pm
what a Question, :shock: it's a Dwarf.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Detangler

Post#15 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:20 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm There's only really one class discrepancy between the two sides that makes more destro classes warband viable. Its the people not playing the right classes that skews the numbers so poorly on Order side.

Pug friendly + wanted:
Runepriest/Zealot
Warrior Priest/DoK
Knight/Chosen
Swordmaster/Black Orc
Bright Wizard/Sorc
Slayer/Choppa
??????/mSquig Herder

Engineer/Magus
Witch Hunter/Witch Elf
Archmage/Shaman
Shadow Warrior/???????

**Coordinated WL players can be nasty. Pug players not so much. Fix Marauder morale drain and "arguable" tag will be removed.
Hah whoops, knew I forgot one. Thats what I get for typing kong drawn out stuff on my phone. Add IB/BG to the "1 max, possibly 2" list.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

RORquest

Post#16 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 pm

Spoiler:
Detangler wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:20 pm

Pug friendly + wanted:
Runepriest/Zealot
Warrior Priest/DoK
Knight/Chosen
Swordmaster/Black Orc
Bright Wizard/Sorc
Slayer/Choppa
??????/mSquig Herder

Engineer/Magus
Witch Hunter/Witch Elf
Archmage/Shaman
Shadow Warrior/???????

Hah whoops, knew I forgot one. Thats what I get for typing kong drawn out stuff on my phone. Add IB/BG to the "1 max, possibly 2" list.
what would 1 IB add to the warband :?

khellen

Post#17 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:01 am

I would also like to see some type of reward for not getting into a city. It sucks playing all day to help push one way or the other only to not get picked because you are not the right class, or not get in with a solo q. The only way to get end game gear shouldn't be dependant on luck of the draw or rolling a specific class. Sure you can get 1 Royal from Purple and Gold bags, just have to take 2000 keeps to gear up. Being almost RR77 and only having one piece of Sov or Warlord is not cool.

CountTalabecland

Post#18 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:23 am

dont zerg so hard. Roll a tank, Slayer, WL, or any healer other than AM and you will always have a slot on Order. Grossly overpopulated side shouldn't get jack from cities
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Beara

Post#19 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:10 am

I agree, 1 Royal per Q whether you get in or not. No reason to have people waiting in q's for an hour waiting for nothing to get nothing despite the fact they've been active in the lakes.
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Banjomissen

Post#20 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:34 am

Just queue as Order if you want compensation as Destro. You always get in and you always get 3 medals / crests :)