Recent Topics

Ads

Corrections to PvP in a PvP game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Foofmonger

Re: Corrections to PvP in a PvP game

Post#101 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:31 pm

I certainly believe you and don't think otherwise. These things happen in development and sometimes you need to modify them to meet the necessary functionality, and early testers will gain the benefits of that. It's just unfortunate when it's the end game gear and a long grind, because it can cause frustration issues in the playerbase. It's also in the past, so it is what it is, but it's something that's going to cause these types of forum threads.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#102 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:38 am

So you say that if you introduce to drop Royal crests from characters in RVR, then sovereign warbands will start farming sovereign warbands. I agree with this absolutely - it will definitely start, maybe even immediately after updating the game. And that will look like an ordinary battle between two warbands, one of them must still lose anyway. You cant even bring any charges.
Ppl will agree in advance and play unfairly, it has always been and will be, you noticed it a thousand times on your other innovations. But in part, you yourself have already proposed a solution, this is the breakdown of things after death. If a person wear on sovereign or inv, then when he dies, it breaks, and repair is possible only if there is a certain number of sovereign crests or inv meds.
Thus, for those who already have sovereign things, it will just be terribly unprofitable to die, and farming will stop immediately. Yes, I immediately see the negative aspects of such a decision. People will immediately begin to complain that "we didn’t sleep at nights, we earned sovereign wealth, and now we afraid to wear on it", but here really you have to decide whose opinion you would take more sympathy to, those who already have sovereign or those who have not.

Also, a real hunt for people with a sovereign will immediately begin, and people will be to complain about it. But I want to say right away that when you buy a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, you must be mentally prepared that ppl will look at you askew, and the tax service will have an increased interest in you. there are positive aspects to this, people will have their “heroes” whom they will know by name and track down), and “bounty hunters” will appear.

Dropping Royal Crests is really the only way for a large number of people to get at least some kind of progression for characters after 80 rr, unless of course you will not change the whole concept of the rvr t4 (I mean the introduction of special scenarios of sity sieges 24-24 and so on)
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Sat May 23, 2020 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Kloaner

Post#103 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 am

bring Royal drops and you can close all the Zones, port all the Player to Nordland and let them play the Nordland Game. That is what we will see the first weeks. We will have a significant increase of Engis and Magus who will only interact with their Realm when they cry for a Rezz. This Community showed already that they will abuse every System to getting a Medallion a little bit faster / easier.

Personal I like they Idea someone brought up, with the Tokens for Contribution for doing his part in the Campaign / Fortress (instead of City afterwards) and City as 24 vs 24 SC at specific Times and only available for People with Tokens and when they have a full Warband. (just queuing solo and playing as a pug would be too easy)
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Telen
Suspended

Post#104 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:30 am

I think in general there is a divide in the community. Those with jobs and families that just want to jump on for a few hours with the couple of people they played with on live that are here. Then those that want 2009 back and middle of the night city alerts. I dont know how you please both of these groups. Maybe you need two servers.

Starx

Post#105 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:35 am

Telen wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:30 am I think in general there is a divide in the community. Those with jobs and families that just want to jump on for a few hours with the couple of people they played with on live that are here. Then those that want 2009 back and middle of the night city alerts. I dont know how you please both of these groups. Maybe you need two servers.
its 4:30am and i just ALERTED my discord of a potential destro double fort push which if 1 goes down leads to city :pensive:
Spoiler:
I haven't actually logged in all day

Telen
Suspended

Post#106 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:17 am

Starx wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:35 am its 4:30am and i just ALERTED my discord of a potential destro double fort push which if 1 goes down leads to city :pensive:
Spoiler:
I haven't actually logged in all day
I remember being home from Uni and getting alerted to a city in the middle of the night. At which point my Mum came into my room asking what the hell was I doing and is this all you do at Uni. Didnt seem odd at the time. The idea of the campaign seemed so good when Paul Barnett talked about it but it wasnt a healthy design.

mickeye

Post#107 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:49 am

Yaliskah wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:23 pm According -afaik- there is around 3% stats progression between a set and the next one, according being vanquisher is doable by anyone
In conclusion, "triggered" content is not a mandatory to be efficient in any aspect of the game.
Just catching a breath here... So it's like Anni>Conq>Vanq>Inv>Warlord>Sov, right?
Do you feel like theres 15% stats difference between Anni geared char against Sov geared char?
O'rly?
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

Alfa1986

Post#108 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:53 am

mickeye wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:49 am
Yaliskah wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:23 pm According -afaik- there is around 3% stats progression between a set and the next one, according being vanquisher is doable by anyone
In conclusion, "triggered" content is not a mandatory to be efficient in any aspect of the game.
Just catching a breath here... So it's like Anni>Conq>Vanq>Inv>Warlord>Sov, right?
Do you feel like theres 15% stats difference between Anni geared char against Sov geared char?
O'rly?
it has a bonus of +2 abilities, i think perhaps for some classes it can be quite a significant strengthening, when it becomes possible to get a build with high-level abilities or tactics in various branches of the skill tree.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Omegus

Post#109 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:02 am

mickeye wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:49 am
O'rly?
I just did the difference between Vanq and Sov on the Zealot: https://i.imgur.com/riljqok.png. Funny looking 9%. This is just using the same 6pc items - the gem and cloak can be used in conjunction with either set, although it provides 2 extra set bonuses for Sov or lets you min/max for better stats, and then we're comparing someone with partial Sov to Full Sov which is a whole other thing.

I have no idea how the stats are weighed against each other (no doubt locked away in a hidden sheet for nobody to check and thus make it impossible to audit and submit bug reports if needed) so somehow this could all add up to a 9% increase.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Telen
Suspended

Post#110 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:43 am

Omegus wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:02 am I just did the difference between Vanq and Sov on the Zealot: https://i.imgur.com/riljqok.png. Funny looking 9%. This is just using the same 6pc items - the gem and cloak can be used in conjunction with either set, although it provides 2 extra set bonuses for Sov or lets you min/max for better stats, and then we're comparing someone with partial Sov to Full Sov which is a whole other thing.

I have no idea how the stats are weighed against each other (no doubt locked away in a hidden sheet for nobody to check and thus make it impossible to audit and submit bug reports if needed) so somehow this could all add up to a 9% increase.
Careful you'll get called a whiner