Recent Topics

Ads

6 Factions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

6 Factions

Post#1 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Oi Oi! Kabuchop 'ere from Da Freebootaz, since you already probably know, we are a Greenskin only Guild and would love for this to happen.

Greenskins vs Dwarves vs High Elves vs Chaos vs Dark Elves vs Empire

How to make it happen?

1. Release locked cities:

Karak Eight Peaks for Greenskin
Karaz-a-karak for Dwarves
Lothern for High Elves
Fist of Malekith for Dark Elves

2. Each race would represent a colour to know which race took over a keep.

Greenskin = Green
Dwarves = Yellow
Empire = Red
High Elves = Blue
Dark Elves = Purple
Chaos = Gray

3. Create new warcamps at RvR Zones, respectively to each race's buildings.

4. Scenarios should also work as racial matchmaking and be involved in the RvR progression, for example, each Scenario won by a particular race it would earn points to lock a zone in favour of that race.

5. oRvR / Forts / Cities mechanics should be reworked.

oRvR Stage 1: Make it somehow similar to a Score system of Scenarios. Each race would score points by holding flags/delivering boxes/pvp kills/pve kills/scenarios won.
oRvR Stage 2: The two races that scored the highest in Stage 1 gets to respawn on each keep to have an advantage. Keeps would be disputed by every race and whoever holds it for enough time wins the zone. This would allow for 2 races to win a zone.

Forts: Respectively to the faction, if Stonewatch is open, Dwarves would defend it from attackers. If Dwarves manages to defend it succesfully, oRvR goes back to Thunder Mountain, if Dwarves looses Stonewatch, then, Dwarf City would open.

6. Weekly rewards for the faction that won the most oRvR Zones.

7. Forget about this because is too much work, but still, i would love for it to happen.

I know there's holes in what i say. bye bye.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Akilinus

Re: 6 Factions

Post#2 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:33 pm

You have my support.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Telen
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Dwarves = Blue
High Elves = White

It wont happen but it would sure be fun

MMXX43

Post#4 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:42 pm

They only way i can see this work is by making each fort / capital ( if they are implemented ) open in racial rvr , like you have to be a greenskin to attack a Dawi Fort and only greenskins characters can enter

adapter
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:46 pm

MMXX43 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:42 pm They only way i can see this work is by making each fort / capital ( if they are implemented ) open in racial rvr , like you have to be a greenskin to attack a Dawi Fort and only greenskins characters can enter
I thought about that and yeah, could work that way too. There's lots of possibilities if this ever gets taken into consideration to make it real.

A git can dream!

diedrake

Post#6 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:03 pm

Well get to it, mind you the idea of that the game would have to start from the ground up from scratch. Get to designing and all that stuff to make a new game because right now that idea is a pipe dream.

Not only would the idea need 6 factions, territory would have to be redesigned more classes introduced, and portions of the original game would have a complete overhaul.

Great idea but that is a complete new game
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 pm

adapter wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 pm 1. Release locked cities:

incomplete (the word is weak) : lot of missing textures, untextured elements, missing parts, missing assets, no npc ofc, no content ofc > unusable content. Years of work.

adapter wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 pm Lothern for High Elves
Never implemented. Those cities don't even exist in the client. Even more years of work.

adapter
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 pm
adapter wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 pm 1. Release locked cities:

incomplete (the word is weak) : lot of missing textures, untextured elements, missing parts, missing assets, no npc ofc, no content ofc > unusable content. Years of work.

adapter wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 pm Lothern for High Elves
Never implemented. Those cities don't even exist in the client. Even more years of work.
How about building Cities from scratch? Pick up a T4 zone and use a huge chunk of it to spawn Buildings and walls. Actually don't take me seriously, since the beggining i knew this idea is just too much to ask for and would require ton of work.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#9 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:34 pm

Introducing more faction would be a great plan, i fully agree you. Technically it is very difficult sadly . Client has not made for it.

About the 3d part i can talk about, handling existing assets is very complicated. To make an image, it's as if you had a cake, and you were trying to separate the ingredients before making another piece of the cake. Technology is pretty old, and even we have some tools and workflow, working on such elements ask a lot (A LOT) of time, and our tools are not the most appropriate to be efficient.

Last time i played with fort doors (6 poor doors), it took me 2 weeks of work to dissassemble, modify and reassemble modified parts (breaking fort model multiple times).

Making Dok and Wp shields ( the 1st one) : 3 days. Modifying other shieds (very simple assets) : 5 days.

Doing spider cloak and Ror anniv cloak : 1 week each.

I let you imagine the amount of time to make 1 city. And double it for a pairing.

Now about factions, we can't modify general landscapes or manipulate terrains (for the time being), so your solution would atleast have the advantage to let the landscapes untouched. But would we really have 6 factions in the end doing this?

We thought many time about how we could introduce a third faction. We had 3 in mind.

The easiest but the more wobbly, would have been to give the possibility to some players to turn their character for a period of time as renegade, creating a band of betrayers, sowing panic in the rvr, but with no other real purpose. Fun but not really interesting.

The second was almost the same using skaven as models. On live they were used as faction adds. Idea would have been to use them as for option 1. Again, same result, fun, just fun but not really interesting.

Third idea would have been to introduce the undead faction. LOTD exists, characters models (monsters) exists and are animated. Undercities (keeps) "could" exist in all map (tunnel), but creating classes, quests, trees and abilities, missing 3d asset, and the whole gear would take ages.

But well... as you all say, who knows what could happen in "2 weeks".

M0rw47h

Post#10 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:44 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:34 pm

The second was almost the same using skaven as models.
Yes, yes.
Spoiler:
Maybe it doesn't bring "anything interesting" and it's just "for fun", but I think most of us play "for fun".
Anyway, thanks you guys for your great work.