Recent Topics

Ads

Player Housing

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Trismegistus

Player Housing

Post#1 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:20 pm

I scoured for this topic here, but there doesn't appear to be one that's an active discussion.

I propose a basic form of player housing for the purpose of adding a layer of depth that applies to the combat-centric nature of Return of Reckoning.

Basics
To start off with, a small, basic space or 'room' can be earned through T3/T4 questing/purchased for a hefty sum of gold. It would be located at a major hub area (Altdorf, Inevitable City, etc.)

A merchant would sell cosmetic additions to the homeowner in the form of furniture and wall/floor textures. Furniture models can be sourced from physical models and objects already present within the game (altars, armor stands, braziers, chairs, crates, etc.) and can be moved around, while textures can be room-specific, which allows for greater customization and room-theming.

Due to the hassle of tampering with mob drops, these housing items can only be purchased from said housing merchant.

In order to prevent possible abuse/exploitation of the relocation involved when accessing a house, player homes should only be accessible by direct means of access - you cannot teleport to your home as you would with a rally point.

RvR/PvP Rewards

In order to bring some relevance to RvR, specialized housing items can only be purchased via RvR Medallions/Tokens.

What I personally suggest for this bit is that more impressive-looking cosmetics (banners, thrones, trophies, etc.) be locked behind RvR currency, as it would motivate a wider range of players and provide another endgame goal to those who've already achieved all that they wanted.

Who doesn't want a replica of Ghal Maraz hanging on their wall, or epic statues of the people you've spent so much time fighting for?

Cosmetic Themes

For the sake of preserving loyalty to the Warhammer Fantasy lore, the purchased cosmetics for each side should reflect what that side stands for. It simply wouldn't make any sense for an Engineer to decorate their crib with a rack of human skulls, or for a Marauder to pimp their wall with Imperial banners.

The only plausible exception to this accessibility would be trophies plucked from the battlefield itself.

After killing say, 500 White Lion players, it would be quite neat to stick a White Lion pelt on your wall as a symbol of your unparalleled dominance and game sense.
Keep moving beyond the endless, moving darkness

WH (40/61) SM (40/19) KOTBS (37) IB (32) WP (40/28) BG (35) SH (40/49)

Ads
toffikx

Re: Player Housing

Post#2 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Top of the dev agenda, along with the new careers you proposed.
It’s getting done right now, as we speak.
Better enjoy it while it lasts, cuz the new expansion is coming out any day.

MMXX43

Post#3 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 am

Excellent idea i like it very much , but alas , wont happen or very hard to achieve
p.s : dont mind the destro funbois whose sole purpose is to flame on forums.

Trismegistus

Post#4 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:31 am

toffikx wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:30 pm Top of the dev agenda, along with the new careers you proposed.
It’s getting done right now, as we speak.
Better enjoy it while it lasts, cuz the new expansion is coming out any day.
Incredible. I am astonished. Even the most reliable of tech support can take up to an hour to pick up.
MMXX43 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 am Excellent idea i like it very much , but alas , wont happen or very hard to achieve
p.s : dont mind the destro funbois whose sole purpose is to flame on forums.
All of the devs (save for one) are Destro mains. You need not treat a 2010 player with a new account as a new player, my friend.

Rapzel

Post#5 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:56 am

Trismegistus wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:31 am All of the devs (save for one) are Destro mains. You need not treat a 2010 player with a new account as a new player, my friend.
That's a new one, mind providing proof of this?

Trismegistus

Post#6 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:09 am

Rapzel wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:56 am
Trismegistus wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:31 am All of the devs (save for one) are Destro mains. You need not treat a 2010 player with a new account as a new player, my friend.
Ask around. Ask the devs themselves, and you'll be able to verify.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/warhammer-on ... 203944836/

My Collector's Edition Age of Reckoning.

Rapzel

Post#7 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:03 am

Trismegistus wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:09 am
Rapzel wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:56 am
Ask around. Ask the devs themselves, and you'll be able to verify.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/warhammer-on ... 203944836/

My Collector's Edition Age of Reckoning.
I might be, but you're making this claim and should there for be able to back it up, so I am asking you again, could you please provide proof for this statement that: "All the Devs (save one) are destro mains".

Kaelang

Post#8 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:28 am

No idea how this topic has derailed onto whether or not the devs play destro and if they're destro mains, from a Housing suggestion.

Regardless - the idea sounds pretty interesting, people love fashion hammer - and housing, yeah that'd be an interesting turn in the game! Can I buy a castle and fill it with the souls of my victims?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Kingofpol

Post#9 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:19 am

I'd love this and a new class to play as like Skaven and Lizard men or even just a single new class for each faction, like a Bretonnia Knight and a Beastman etc.
Faith in the Pain

zak68

Post#10 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:28 am

Trismegistus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:20 pm I scoured for this topic here, but there doesn't appear to be one that's an active discussion.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32632

zak68 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:57 pm but could a whole building like Verentane's Tower in emp t3 be placed anywhere on the map ?
i mean , is it "one" big model which can be "applied" multiple times at will even in non-empire zones ?
saupreusse wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:22 pm Sure it can. As every model. However it must be patched in and cant be changed on the fly. Also it wont have lightmaps then and look hella ugly.