Recent Topics

Ads

Forts and City Sieges reversed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
adapter
Posts: 300

Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:54 pm

I'll make it brief

Suggestion

Forts should be 24v24 instanced scenario

Cities should be 200 vs 200, one or two Cities instances for the whole server.

Make it the other way around. Let it be a TRUE City invasion.

A fort is so small and a city is so big, it just makes sense for a city to hold 400 players fightin in there, and a fort should hold 48 players in it, make it happen!

and...throw away that paradigm about everything has to be reduced to a Choke fight.

Ads
User avatar
Detangler
Posts: 383

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:51 pm

I for one would love to have a huge numbers fight in the city. With lots of NPCs to murder along the way. Make it feel like a real pillage and plunder of the capital.
Detangler - 40 DoK armor talisman farmer
Deetangler - 40/82 Chosen tankbot/murdermachine
Deeetangler - 40/6x Zealot healbot/talisman factory
Detanglerr - 40/xx Witch Elf boredom killer
Deetsquiggy - 40/x Squig butcherbot
Tangler - baby Slayer

Vyss
Posts: 2

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#3 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:11 am

Wouldn't this mean that order never wins forts and the destro city thus never gets attacked?

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1590
Contact:

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#4 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:47 am

The instancing of the forts is a problem as the maps are not instance maps but part of the world maps .

You might have noticed that all instance maps are isolated and not attached to thw world maps

User avatar
M0rw47h
Posts: 426

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#5 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 am

Acidic wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:47 am
The instancing of the forts is a problem as the maps are not instance maps but part of the world maps .

You might have noticed that all instance maps are isolated and not attached to thw world maps
But with client control, wouldn't it be possible to make them separate from world maps (even if just as a copy)?

About OP idea: I'd prefer to City Sieges stay 24vs24 and Forts become 24vs24 too.
Anathae [KotBS] / Anathea [WP] ( and couple others )
former Anathae [Zealot]

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1590
Contact:

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#6 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:12 am

M0rw47h wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 am
Acidic wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:47 am
The instancing of the forts is a problem as the maps are not instance maps but part of the world maps .

You might have noticed that all instance maps are isolated and not attached to thw world maps
But with client control, wouldn't it be possible to make them separate from world maps (even if just as a copy)?

About OP idea: I'd prefer to City Sieges stay 24vs24 and Forts become 24vs24 too.
Client control y, new weapons. Not convinced that they have cut and paste of map areas sorted.
Can hope but think that it’s lots and lots of work

User avatar
adapter
Posts: 300

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#7 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:57 pm

Acidic wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:12 am
M0rw47h wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 am
Acidic wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:47 am
The instancing of the forts is a problem as the maps are not instance maps but part of the world maps .

You might have noticed that all instance maps are isolated and not attached to thw world maps
But with client control, wouldn't it be possible to make them separate from world maps (even if just as a copy)?

About OP idea: I'd prefer to City Sieges stay 24vs24 and Forts become 24vs24 too.
Client control y, new weapons. Not convinced that they have cut and paste of map areas sorted.
Can hope but think that it’s lots and lots of work
A git can dream.

User avatar
adapter
Posts: 300

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#8 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Vyss wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:11 am
Wouldn't this mean that order never wins forts and the destro city thus never gets attacked?
It will depend if they rework the way Cities and Forts are won. There's a variaty of Score systems than could be implemented in these instances to not reduce everything to a choke fight.

Ads
User avatar
boomcat
Posts: 130

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#9 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:09 pm

i will much like to see forts as instance based.. dosnt have to be 24/24.. but the whole pop could join 3 instance based forts.. the realm with 2x wins, win the fort.. will also makes forts more equal, so you dont see the best destro guilds rolling over pug orders, and vise-versa then there are 3 forts going.. also should be less stressfull for the server ?

User avatar
adapter
Posts: 300

Re: Forts and City Sieges reversed

Post#10 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 pm

boomcat wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:09 pm
i will much like to see forts as instance based.. dosnt have to be 24/24.. but the whole pop could join 3 instance based forts.. the realm with 2x wins, win the fort.. will also makes forts more equal, so you dont see the best destro guilds rolling over pug orders, and vise-versa then there are 3 forts going.. also should be less stressfull for the server ?
Yeah, i like that idea, instanced fortress and whoever wins the most, wins the fort and push to city.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests