Recent Topics

Ads

Selfhealing & Selfdamaging in Cities

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
kottonai
Posts: 12

Selfhealing & Selfdamaging in Cities

Post#1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 pm

This is a feedback about an exploit and unbalance healing.

So I've noticed this issue in Cities that Discipline of Khaine damage themselves to heal themselves in order to gain more contribution and Healing done to be chosen as a Champion for Stage 3. This exploit happens by an Ability that I don't know about and by jumping down a cliff over an over again to self heal. (some players even do this jumping exploit in groups)

Also some other careers can damage themselves too, to let their friends get the Heal advantage to have a higher chance of winning bags and be chosen as a Champion

This is an exploit that should be take in consideration, some players are having an unfair advantage over others, specially DoKs. Having such a higher Heal done by the end of the City Siege.

Also since the implementation of only allowing the highest healing done by a player to be chosen as a Champion, I've noticed that only Discipline of Khaine / Warrior Priest are chosen to be a Champion due to them being so overpowered regarding heals and because of exploiting the self heal mentioned above. This is unfair to other healing careers. Needs to be adressed too.

Ads
Sulorie
Posts: 4796

Re: Selfhealing & Selfdamaging in Cities

Post#2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:17 pm

Read about the class abilities to discover the skill and no, not only dok/wp become champ.
Dying is no option.

Omegus
Posts: 355

Re: Selfhealing & Selfdamaging in Cities

Post#3 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 pm

kottonai wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 pm
This is a feedback about an exploit and unbalance healing.

So I've noticed this issue in Cities that Discipline of Khaine damage themselves to heal themselves in order to gain more contribution and Healing done to be chosen as a Champion for Stage 3. This exploit happens by an Ability that I don't know about and by jumping down a cliff over an over again to self heal. (some players even do this jumping exploit in groups)

Also some other careers can damage themselves too, to let their friends get the Heal advantage to have a higher chance of winning bags and be chosen as a Champion

This is an exploit that should be take in consideration, some players are having an unfair advantage over others, specially DoKs. Having such a higher Heal done by the end of the City Siege.

Also since the implementation of only allowing the highest healing done by a player to be chosen as a Champion, I've noticed that only Discipline of Khaine / Warrior Priest are chosen to be a Champion due to them being so overpowered regarding heals and because of exploiting the self heal mentioned above. This is unfair to other healing careers. Needs to be adressed too.
High DOK/WP numbers in the city have nothing to do with the self-damage ability (which requires a shield btw and will do 3000 self damage over 10 seconds with a 30 second cooldown) and everything to do with having quick group heals to "steal" the healng of fluff damage along with one of the best out-of-group AOE healing skills in the game. The more people there are the better the AOE heal is and the bigger numbers it gets. Having non-stop DOK/WP champions does get a bit boring though. On the otherhand those 2 healers don't provide much else; Zealots are feeding absorb shields, blessings, AP, etc, Shamans can feed morale or insta-res, etc.

As for contribution, I generally have no issue scoring high contribution and winning 1-2 good bags every city as a Zealot and the Zealot has the worst out-of-group AOE healing out of all 3 destro healers. Contribution is not based on raw numbers but seemingly participation in "events", and the numbers were tweaked after launch to try and give all classes good contribution (Zealots were famously absolutely shafted on the contribution system when cities launched until it was tweaked).

In regards to other classes self-damaging, this is generally the Sorc (or BW) and anyone can heal them when they do so. These classes are usually damaging themselves between fights to try and keep combustion/dark magic high and the overall healing you get off them is minimal. The Sorc/BW isn't actually doing anything to the enemy during these phases so there is no healer contribution/assist to be gained.

Out of everything that causes the DOK/WP to have top heals in city, the shield-spec self damage ability is a non-factor and doesn't even work with the "pure" healing spec that lets DOKS/WPs get such high numbers.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot
Addons: CityFix v1.0

agemennon675
Posts: 98

Re: Selfhealing & Selfdamaging in Cities

Post#4 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:26 am

I want to share a little info on this, WP wounds buff counts as healing done by city siege table, so you can spam it and increase your healing numbers. I dont know if this is a bug, but I seen people do it, also once I see a WP overhealing count too, these probably wont happen every city tho

teiloh
Posts: 246

Re: Selfhealing & Selfdamaging in Cities

Post#5 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:17 pm
Read about the class abilities to discover the skill and no, not only dok/wp become champ.
Sometimes it's easier to just answer the question if you know it, or be quiet.

User avatar
adapter
Posts: 300

Re: Selfhealing & Selfdamaging in Cities

Post#6 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Shamans and Archmages need a buff!

Sulorie
Posts: 4796

Re: Selfhealing & Selfdamaging in Cities

Post#7 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:44 pm

teiloh wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:44 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:17 pm
Read about the class abilities to discover the skill and no, not only dok/wp become champ.
Sometimes it's easier to just answer the question if you know it, or be quiet.
It's easier but where is the fun to discover something new on your own?
Dying is no option.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests