Recent Topics

Ads

Tanks who doesn't use guard

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Beara

Re: Tanks who doesn't use guard

Post#11 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 pm

SuperStar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:25 pm Hello

I see many tank in sc who doesn't use guard.
It's for me the same if the afk or healer doesnt heal.
I feel he leech us. I have to drink many potion while he think he is very good.

It's ok pug sc if somebody don't wanna use his role main ability he can. IAM a liberalist.

But plz I would like to go solo party then I don't wanna share the rr or anything these kind of guyz.
Plz bring back the solo option in sc.

I usually ask them but most of them pretend he hasn't got ear others do some hate speech.

Give everybody the freedom plz. he free to not use guard. I wanna be free to leave these kind of guyz alone.

This is a very coward behavior imo. Usually the ppl cry for dps healers. But the tanks without guard is the worst imo.
I think the main point we should be taking away from this is "Bring back solo style"
It was said, and I agree, you don't get to tell others how to play. That being said, I feel like if I'm a healer, or dps and I ask for guard, and don't get one, I should be free to move out of party and not share MY renown with people who decided they weren't going to help me.
You're basically forcing people into playing with bad players.
If everytime a person joined a group in sc everyone moved, they'd get the hint they're doing something wrong. and either make the change, or continue to play alone.

Tanks that don't guard are 100% worse than dps healers. They're Gahhhhbage.
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#12 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:55 pm

Beara wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 pm

It's ok pug sc if somebody don't wanna use his role main ability he can. IAM a liberalist.

But plz I would like to go solo party then I don't wanna share the rr or anything these kind of guyz.

I usually ask them but most of them pretend he hasn't got ear others do some hate speech.

Give everybody the freedom plz. he free to not use guard. I wanna be free to leave these kind of guyz alone.

This is a very coward behavior imo. Usually the ppl cry for dps healers. But the tanks without guard is the worst imo.
I think the main point we should be taking away from this is "Bring back solo style"
It was said, and I agree, you don't get to tell others how to play. That being said, I feel like if I'm a healer, or dps and I ask for guard, and don't get one, I should be free to move out of party and not share MY renown with people who decided they weren't going to help me.
If everytime a person joined a group in sc everyone moved, they'd get the hint they're doing something wrong. and either make the change, or continue to play alone.

You ain't forced to play with bad players. You can join as 6 man.

Kaelang

Post#13 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:08 pm

Nowhere in your initial post does it say you’ve mentioned what guard does to the player.

They could be new and not realise what a fundamental skill it is.

Typing ‘hey, just so you know you get a signature ability as a tank called Guard, which is really useful, should be keeping that up on people at all times’ - usually gets the message across in T1 / T2-3.

If they’re 40 and not guarding, they either don’t want to (their choice) or are forgetting (gentle reminders work).
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

anarchypark

Post#14 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:18 am

SuperStar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:48 pm I enjoy the solo experience full off surprise.

full of suprise how bad players are.
that's one of surprises you should expect when soloing.
good experience are so rare it's also surprise when that happens.

how often it happens to someone ?
ofc good solo have higher chance.

and believe me, they don't wanna grp with you neither.
you saying they leech you but in fact you're leeching too, by using them as fodder.
both leeching each other.

SC pug is very minimum requirement MMO group contents asking for you.
if you don't like it there's orvr solo.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Anjanolian

Post#15 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:59 am

SuperStar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:48 pm ....But I cannot stand these type of players. They leech me I do dmg I do kill I risk my life IAM in focus all the time I drink lot of potion while he do nothing no guard no challenge no cc just his shity "dmg".

<3
...Bride of Khaine...

Aethilmar

Post#16 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:12 am

Beara wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 pm

LOL ... "MY renown". You know, of course, if your mdps kill nothing you get nothing no matter how much you heal. You have no renown other than what is given to you by the damage dealers and the SC rewards.

That said, I've got an idea ... make challenge and taking damage via guard given renown like healing does and maybe tanks will have an obvious incentive to use them.

SuperStar

Post#17 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:41 am

Also if everybody can see on score board
Tank : taken guard dmg
Tank: time in guard range
+ A friendly reminder by system how important the guard even crossguard.

And yes if the tank not use guard the dps try hard the healer try hard to get some kills. Our finger get broke end of sc. End these type of tank who not use guard enjoy the results but they did nothing.

Let us free from them plz.

Deifact

Post#18 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:12 am

It doesn't help that guard is clunky to use without mods. Both healer and dps have a very clear indicator as to whether they are doing their job properly, through damage and healing numbers.

If there was a metric for "damage taken on behalf of someone else" that'd make it easier to know if you did a good job as a tank.

Throw in a different coloured 'floating text' when in battle showing the hits you're taking on behalf of your guarded target and this doubles up as an indicator if you are too far from your guard.

Or even better build in a tether animation between you and your guarded target.

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:27 am

As an SM main, if there isn't a healer in the scenario (and usually there isn't, and no, DPS healers do not count), then I don't guard.

It's that simple.

M0rw47h

Post#20 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:40 am

SuperStar wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:41 am Also if everybody can see on score board
Tank : taken guard dmg
Tank: time in guard range
+ A friendly reminder by system how important the guard even crossguard.

And yes if the tank not use guard the dps try hard the healer try hard to get some kills. Our finger get broke end of sc. End these type of tank who not use guard enjoy the results but they did nothing.

Let us free from them plz.
Tbh I always guard people, but when mDPS I guard and assist does half of my damage :evil: