Recent Topics

Ads

Higher emblem drops from players

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Celyt

Higher emblem drops from players

Post#1 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:16 pm

People still love to do all content provided but the fact remains that grind mentality causes the player base to fluctuate. I want to suggest the emblems dropping off players to encourage people to achieve their gear desires across multiple players. But more importantly the emblem drop from enemies would be just that, a form of encouragement as even if you were to receive an emblem from pvp? The rarity of it dropping as well as the amount need would definitely not hamper the achievement of obtaining the gear as it would still be just as difficult.

Ads
havartii

Re: Higher emblem drops from players

Post#2 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:23 pm

What if they did a system similar too old ruin farm, Fragments make up coins and you need so many coins to make an emblem. That and a super Low drop rate I would be ok with. If you are referring to the endgame royals and invaders.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Celyt

Post#3 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:41 pm

havartii wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:23 pm What if they did a system similar too old ruin farm, Fragments make up coins and you need so many coins to make an emblem. That and a super Low drop rate I would be ok with. If you are referring to the endgame royals and invaders.
I think just a low drop rate with a full emblem would be an easier implementation and less cluttered

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:05 pm

I'm glad this suggestion was brought up again in a new way.

The answer however has not changed. Any level of "drop from kills" related to the acquisition of Invader or Royal crests faces the same problem. The amount of kills that happen by top tier players is currently focused towards the goal of getting to a Fort or City, as that is the primary way for them to acquire gear.

If you make an option available where you can acquire this gear from farming kills, then for a great many players doing the math, you will see much smaller groups of 6 making their sole purpose to kill as many players as possible with little to no regard for Fort/City content. Losing the motivation for these players to drive towards Forts or City sieges, also causes a loss of the more organized groups that while they might not be much of pug leaders, do end up causing large scale battles to turn based on their coordination.

Pug farming is not an end-game goal. Fort and City content are end-game goals. Dropping crests in RvR would only drive one thing.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Celyt

Post#5 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:20 pm

Agreed, but if the drop rate is low enough it still will be difficult to posses. More importantly it will create more 6 mans that will increase the ranked scene in the game adding more interest. Not only that but it has to be considered that the 6 man can be overcome by zebra quite easily as well as benefit from small scale

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Celyt wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:20 pm Agreed, but if the drop rate is low enough it still will be difficult to posses. More importantly it will create more 6 mans that will increase the ranked scene in the game adding more interest. Not only that but it has to be considered that the 6 man can be overcome by zebra quite easily as well as benefit from small scale
Considering the rewards for ranked are less than the rewards for Fort/City, I would say that statement is false. This whole notion of getting crests faster is predicated on the desire for gear progression. It is intentionally limited, although the process is not quite in the spot we're happy with. That doesn't mean we're going to just toss crests on the ground in RvR and abandon fort/city endgame. I have addressed this a great many times, and will continue to do so only because someone has to or these threads get out of control.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

adapter
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:21 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:03 pm Considering the rewards for ranked are less than the rewards for Fort/City, I would say that statement is false. This whole notion of getting crests faster is predicated on the desire for gear progression. It is intentionally limited, although the process is not quite in the spot we're happy with. That doesn't mean we're going to just toss crests on the ground in RvR and abandon fort/city endgame. I have addressed this a great many times, and will continue to do so only because someone has to or these threads get out of control.
Oi! What about giving 1 Royal / Invader to players that are in the highest 10% contributors from an oRvR zone?
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

sogeou

Post#8 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:20 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:03 pm
Celyt wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:20 pm Agreed, but if the drop rate is low enough it still will be difficult to posses. More importantly it will create more 6 mans that will increase the ranked scene in the game adding more interest. Not only that but it has to be considered that the 6 man can be overcome by zebra quite easily as well as benefit from small scale
Considering the rewards for ranked are less than the rewards for Fort/City, I would say that statement is false. This whole notion of getting crests faster is predicated on the desire for gear progression. It is intentionally limited, although the process is not quite in the spot we're happy with. That doesn't mean we're going to just toss crests on the ground in RvR and abandon fort/city endgame. I have addressed this a great many times, and will continue to do so only because someone has to or these threads get out of control.

Going to give this a shot because your view on fort / city endgame is not accurate with regards to people abandoning content and here is why.

If tokens were added it would need to be done with a max amount gained, I will use 3 a day as that is as many you can get in a losing city instance and seems fair. So, if you added the chance a person could get 3 tokens ( Sov / Invader) in a day from players who meet the correct requirements.

1.) Correct RR. I suggest 70 -80 For Invader 80+ for sov.
2.) Just tagging a target does not currently get everyone a token, most times only the person who gets more damage or kb gets it. ( so this prevents zergs vs zerg farms.)
3.) Targets who dies a lot in succession gives little to no rewards already so this goes to support zerg vs zerg would not give tokens.

So with those facts out of the way and let's say you kill people who have a small % to drop a sov token, you still have limiters to make it difficult to get the max of 3. So if a person who is the correct RR you killed and has not been killed of the late, say you get a 3% chance to get a sov token. With the max tokens of 3 a day it would still take one month of just that to get 90 tokens. But the way PVP is it would be very hard to meet all the conditions to get 3 tokens. This way still rewards people for playing on their main without giving it away. It would still take up to 3 months to buy sov gear instead of going to the city, which is much faster.

If you kill 500 people a night, with only 100 of them being the correct rank with only 30 of those 100 not dying recently than 10 of those are you doing the most damage to the target, you have 10 chances at 3% to get a token.

On live the % for tokens dropping was not that high, but it had a chance. I don't think it should be like live, but the possibility of getting 1-3 a day from killing people would not prevent people from wanting the city as your chances of getting tokens is much much higher than a percent of a percent to get tokens when the correct conditions are met. Going to the city still is the best way to get tokens by far.

One maybe cool thing could be a bounty system, if person X has been in a zone killing lots of people (40-0) and has not died maybe have an announcement saying " Kill x Person" and whoever gets the KB has a small % to get a inv/sov token. Again limiting to a max number you could get in a day.

Ads
ClemmonGrab

Post#9 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:36 am

I think the recent change the devs made is already a great step. You can easily get 4 crests a day without doing a single city via RvR bags, 1 from blue, 1 from purple, and 2 from gold. The only additional suggestion I've heard that I find interesting is adding a weekly quest similar to warfront that awards crests, with requirements such as take x keeps, particape in x forts, kill x amount of players, etc. But I'm a big fan of these new weekly quests, so I may be in the minority. Also shout out to Zarbix, he's the first person I heard mention this suggestion.