Recent Topics

Ads

Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
agemennon675

Re: Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

Post#21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:30 am

Yeah I hope they just dont make already godly aoe class MSH even better at Range too since they SH was a better SW everywhere because they dont have stances, I am not saying RSH doesnt need a buff too(which devs already said it will in the future) but I really want to point out MSH is currently have both aoe to smash city sieges, utility and OK single target burst, while SW only had 1/3 of those qualities, that is why it was considered the worst class
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
jvlosky

Post#22 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:38 am

LOL

SW gets maybe... MAYBE viable in a city/endgame wb and everyone on Destro loses their minds.

IT IS UNFAIR FOR SW TO NOT BE UTTER TRASH ANYMORE!!! LOL

Spellbound

Post#23 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:56 am

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:15 am
Ramlaen wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:07 am
adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:25 am This post is about buffs, not nerfes.
Yes, you are asking for an extremely strong class to get buffs.
Nope, im asking for the mirror class of Shadow Warrior to get the same buffs. It's only fair.

Range Squig Herder was as much as weak or even weaker than Shadow Warrior was before yesterday's patch. They share the exactly same Mastery Paths (2 to be exact).

Range Squig Herder is not an extremely strong class. Please don't come here to try change the subject without any type of source or evidence to back up what you are saying, it only works as a distraction to the topic in hand right here.
Earlier post you compared mSH to WL and Slayer. Wanting to buff it more with 3s speed. You also want the mirror of SW now.

You don’t want a mirror. You want a WL, Slayer, SW, Superman, Batman and little bit of Wonder Woman all in one class. You lost a city for the second time in months. Enjoy your already strong SH.

Klesko

Post#24 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 am

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:30 am
Klesko wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:31 am The buffs should not be the same. The classes are asymmetrical despite outward appearances. Let's start with the fact that SH gets a pet and a ranged disarm. If you want mirror classes, you've got to strip the differences first. Don't think anyone wants that.
Both careers share exactly the same Paths, 2 of them are exactly mirrors at 95%, for real, look it up.
Shadow Warrior has stances that compensate the fact of not having a pet, which are better, and SW also has a range knockdown, so if you gonna come here and try to argument please do your research.
I very clearly stated SH gets pet and a ranged disarm and that's a very cursory glance comparison. You did nothing to refute the statement and come in telling me to do research. Research on what? My point was perfectly valid.

Big talk about having ranged knockdown... I've had that ability for less than 12 hours now. The powers that be here stripped that ability from me for nearly 2 years for Sigmar knows what reasons. Apparently it was perfectly well and good for Assault and Skirmish to have specable knockdowns but heaven forbid Scout should have it when they have so little escape tools. RSH vs RSW for ages now in a matchup that pits a ranged disarm vs... a silence that does nothing against SH. Yeah, get back to me when RSH suffers a disadvantage against SW for nearly 2 years.

Look at SH escape tools versus SW escape tools. "Please do your research"
Again, the classes are asymmetrical despite outward appearances. Same paths, sure, but different tools at their disposal, different abilities that allies bring to the table.
The vision of this server has never been to mirror the classes (except for when that Torque fella went mad with power and briefly spawned the Beastmaster class for his own indulgences)

adapter
Suspended

Post#25 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:17 am

Spellbound wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:56 am
Earlier post you compared mSH to WL and Slayer. Wanting to buff it more with 3s speed. You also want the mirror of SW now.

You don’t want a mirror. You want a WL, Slayer, SW, Superman, Batman and little bit of Wonder Woman all in one class. You lost a city for the second time in months. Enjoy your already strong SH.
Okey, can we get serious about it?

I'm asking for it to be fair and balanced. If your Order likelyhood can't deal with it, then i don't know what to say to you about that.

As it is right now, not only RSW got buffed, but also MSW got buffed too. So asking for MSH to get buffed is only fair when this ton of buffs got into SW. They are mirrors, MSW is a very strong single target melee dps with the highest critical change in the game, MSH is a very strong aoe melee dps with a cooldown debuff.

MSH is good for Warband, MSH is good for Scenarios/Smallscale.

Now, off to the subject that matters and the reason why we are here, it's the RANGE aspect of it.

I'll say it again, RSW and RSH share both the same two mastery paths (95% alike) which are Path of Big Shootin=Path of Scout and Path of Quick Shootin=Path of Skirmirsh. Can we understand this as exactly mirrors? Now, when only one of them (RSW) gets the super ultra duper buffs and RSH gets nothing but a "squig comes next". This is why I make this post. It's only logical for it to get the exact same buffes. That simple.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

nat3s

Post#26 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:22 am

jvlosky wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:38 am LOL

SW gets maybe... MAYBE viable in a city/endgame wb and everyone on Destro loses their minds.

IT IS UNFAIR FOR SW TO NOT BE UTTER TRASH ANYMORE!!! LOL

Nobody is calling for SW nerfs, put the persecution complex away and to the SHs nobody is suggesting rSH won't be buffed, it just may be in a different direction.

rAW are now the best AoE morale drainers in the game, they will be extremely viable in organised WB play i dont see any cause for concern there.

For the rSHs, Destro doesn't need another morale drainer, that's the utility provided by Maras and you don't want to homogenize too much as it dilutes class flavour... So it makes sense to buff them in a different direction.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

adapter
Suspended

Post#27 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:30 am

Klesko wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 am
I very clearly stated SH gets pet and a ranged disarm and that's a very cursory glance comparison. You did nothing to refute the statement and come in telling me to do research. Research on what? My point was perfectly valid.
What is your issue with RSH getting equally buffed as RSW?

adapter
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:33 am

nat3s wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:22 am
rAW are now the best AoE morale drainers in the game, they will be extremely viable in organised WB play i dont see any cause for concern there.

For the rSHs, Destro doesn't need another morale drainer, that's the utility provided by Maras and you don't want to homogenize too much as it dilutes class flavour... So it makes sense to buff them in a different direction.
The thing is that Morale Drain from RSW is ranged and Marauder is Melee. So here is already something not right.

Okey so take that, should RSH get an AoE AP Drain ability? It must get somehow a Drain on something.

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#29 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:57 am

You should explain why SH must have so kind of drain ability.

Your rant about SW gets this and that is stupid. SH doesn't compete with SW about a spot in groups/warbands.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Nefarian78

Post#30 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:01 am

There's no comparison between Barrage and Wave of Terror.

Wave of terror + cd reducer in 10s = 450 morale drained

Barrage + Cd reducer in VoN in 10s = 1500 morale drained.

Run double SM and you have perma 0 morale on Destro. The faction whose only win condition is morale dropping

I'm not against buffing a clearly underperforming class like ranged SW, there's many things that are clearly overperforming, especially for aSWs

Barrage morale drain

Undefendable Shadow Sting

Crosscut timestamping 9k+ on dummies

5s cd (with WW) on one of the hardest hitting KDs in the game

EDIT: Didn't notice barrage got fixed already.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.