Recent Topics

Ads

Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ramlaen

Re: Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

Post#61 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Valarion wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:03 pm
Ramlaen wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:22 am Would you accept some heavy nerfs to MSH to balance these proposed buffs?

You mean the same way assault SW wasnt nerfed to compensate for buffs to their range abilities?

At this point, I'd simply settle for giving SHs the same broken 150 foot ranged KD that every goddamn SW was spamming last night.
It is almost as though MSH are in a drastically stronger position than ASW.
Last edited by Ramlaen on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
agemennon675

Post#62 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 pm

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm
Adelmar wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:38 pm
adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:30 pm Please keep this topic as it is, which is Ranged Bow specs (ST and AoE). I mentioned a few buffes to MSH because ASW got buffed too without any need to it, melee SW was already strong.

Anyway, Ranged SH = Ranged SW
Haven't tested the ranged changes yet but they seem to be okay on paper, aside from SS not having a range increase along with SFA/BA. I'll reserve judgement until I get my hands on the specs and test what I need to.

That said, your proposed RSH changes don't make sense since they are different classes and always have been. Class homogenization is something you don't want and goes against the original game design.
This is where I notice a problem. You know, both specs (Big Shootin=Scout/Quick Shootin=Skirmirsh) share the same skills, exactly the same skills. So asking for the same changes is just logical and fair. I get it that the goal is not having perfect mirrors, but, that may mean one side gets a better skill than the other, we already seen RSW got a range aoe morale drain, that is so good that is overpowered and broken, now, what could the squig get? the same? or something worst than that? I would suggest an AoE AP drain at least. But a range aoe morale drain is so good.

Add to that having two 10s knockdowns usable in every stance. 1 is range 1 is melee + a pounce. That is so craaaaaazy good (broken)
While we are at it I dont mind having cooldown increaser aoe on my ASW,+another aoe like big bouncing+self healing channel+another aoe like really bad gas, than we are cool, ah forgot to add melee snare and I can give up shadowstep for a pounce any day
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Pandastyle

Post#63 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:38 pm

*crying in mara who has basically nothing but stances without any stat increases and no pet/burst*
and dont start me with bUt yOu hAvE aoE kD P:
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

adapter
Suspended

Post#64 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:48 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 pm
While we are at it I dont mind having cooldown increaser aoe on my ASW,+another aoe like big bouncing+self healing channel+another aoe like really bad gas, than we are cool, ah forgot to add melee snare and I can give up shadowstep for a pounce any day
Squig has those abilities becaue it's lore friendly. A squig is supossed to puke and fart. A Melee Shadow Warrior is supossed to cut enemies an stab 'em and they are damn good at it! (check their critical chance and damage on single target)

What I'm trying to say is that in a sense, ASW and MSH are mirrors (ST =/= AoE) But WL and Mara come in place too. But remember, the Melee aspect is not why we are here. It's the RANGED!

Please, get it right, WE ARE HERE TO TALK ABOUT RANGED SPEC.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

ravezaar

Post#65 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:14 pm

Jastojan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:18 pm
ravezaar wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:59 pm Just keep in mind M-SH needs nerfs
Tell me why? Posts like this are so damn biased (and without ANY value). I can tell you, if you want to nerf mSH there should be huge nerf of WL before...
You happy now? (Wasting of time (enough for me... and for the others too I think))

Back to the topic. Ranged SW and SH were underperforming classes when it comes to dmg. Devs wrote that they will work on SH now so please, give them time!
I am so glad they decide to buff ranged SW! This can bring some more variability to the gameplay and it is awesome! I am destro player but I am happy to see that SW GET more love now! Finaly! I like characters with bow and I was realy disappointed when I tried them (both) and the dmg was realy poor and when I saw SWs and SHs playing melee moslty due the fact that ranged spec sucked. Now their time has come, I hope, and maybe they will enjoy some more fun in the battle :)
L M A O whos biased
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Arbich
Suspended

Post#66 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:21 pm

saupreusse wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:00 pm
Arbich wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:21 pm
Miaso wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:06 pm I have never seen anyone complain about assault Shadow Warrior and never seen them do particularly well in scenarios or ranked. Melee Squig on the other hand is on another level
ASW was already quite strong in scenarios. So the crosscut buff makes zero sense.
I agree that mSH is a bad joke for a long time already. I hope for a change of squig leap to some kind of juggernaut-like ability (a man can dream)
A man has to start a balance topic for his voice to be heard!
Na, thanks. I won´t take the bait. :D
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

adapter
Suspended

Post#67 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:11 am

Arbich wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:21 pm
ASW was already quite strong in scenarios. So the crosscut buff makes zero sense.
Yeah, melee shadow warrior got buffed without a need to it. That's why I'm suggestin a few buffs into MSH too, maybe noone else asks for it but me. I'll be glad to get buffes into RSH.

jvlosky

Post#68 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:26 am

It wouldnt be fair without there being an unfair advantage in destros favor. Can't wait to see all the justifications LOL.

"Omg SW finally maybe... MAYBE got a viable spec for actual end game group content in oRVR and City....... SH NEEDS 2 VIABLE SPECS THEN IN CITY AND END GAME CONTENT IT ISN"T FAIRRR!"

Destro = Pro complainers and Karens. CaN I SpEaK To YoUr MaNaGer!? LMAO

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#69 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:45 am

jvlosky wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:26 am It wouldnt be fair without there being an unfair advantage in destros favor. Can't wait to see all the justifications LOL.

"Omg SW finally maybe... MAYBE got a viable spec for actual end game group content in oRVR and City....... SH NEEDS 2 VIABLE SPECS THEN IN CITY AND END GAME CONTENT IT ISN"T FAIRRR!"
Shadow Warrior now has 4 viable specs for oRvR/City:

1. Ranged Single Target
2. Ranged AoE
3. Melee Critical Burst Single Target
4. A hybrid of these.

Squig Herder has only 1 viable spec oRvR/City:
1. Melee Bouncin Squig
2. Ranged ones are weak just as Shadow Warrior ones were

Devs already mentioned Squig Herder will be next in to the reworking factory. So yeah.

jvlosky

Post#70 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:08 am

adapter wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:45 am
jvlosky wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:26 am It wouldnt be fair without there being an unfair advantage in destros favor. Can't wait to see all the justifications LOL.

Shadow Warrior now has 4 viable specs for oRvR/City:

1. Ranged Single Target
2. Ranged AoE
3. Melee Critical Burst Single Target
4. A hybrid of these.

Squig Herder has only 1 viable spec oRvR/City:
1. Melee Bouncin Squig
2. Ranged ones are weak just as Shadow Warrior ones were

Devs already mentioned Squig Herder will be next in to the reworking factory. So yeah.
Ahhh yess look at all the meta city compositions clambering over one another to try and get all the SWs in their group.

Get real. Before this patch nobody would take a SW if they could help it. Better aoe dmg from other sources and the same utilities are given to other classes. Dont be so disingenuous. mSH is meta and has been, SW has been nothing.