Recent Topics

Ads

In game bug reporting tool

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sointu

In game bug reporting tool

Post#1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Hello!

Was trying to create a bug report via ingame system and since it didn't work I ended up making it via github. This got me wondering if you could make the ingame functionality back to work.

Wouldn't it be possible to gather the bugreport via ingame system and handle the issue to github via githubs REST api? The issue could be sent to git by some of your predefined account made just for this, so then the end user wouldn't need to create account for github and the bar for creating bug reports would be significally lower. Dunno if you would like to have some sort of control to only pass relevant issues to github or just pass everything that players send via the form.

This would allow you to mold the ingame form to your liking and the issue in git would be in format what you want. Also you could get the necessary issue creators details at the same time if you want to run somekind of reward system with bugreports.

I understand if this isn't really that high in your priority list, but thought it might be quite nice QOL functionality.

Ads