Recent Topics

Ads

City Recovery

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

City Recovery

Post#1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 pm

I would suggest increasing time required for city to recover to 36 hours, as with current campaign is too short. By too short I mean, EU pushes to late T4 and NA reaps rewards nearly everyday. With 36 hour timer each side of globe would have its turn to meet already advanced campaign with City unlocked and prepared to siege, as it would bounce between time zones, which seems to be fair both sides of globe. Also, it would give more time for other faction to counter push not locked City.

Ads
TreefAM

Re: City Recovery

Post#2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:36 pm

People push forts while IC is still on cooldown, this won't really help.

lyncher12

Post#3 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:06 pm

as someone who has full sovereign already i fully agree with you 110%

axelpl85

Post#4 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 am

This wont fix the problem.
Forts are pushed even with cities on 2+ hr lockdown and giving a longer lockout on city wont fix campain being pushed one side or another. Right now id rather have 4-5 forts than 2 cities, especially since having a city siege doesnt mean you will actually enter it, while participating in campaign almost guarantees fort.

At certain point of a day in EU, campaign will still stalemate even if its 'our time' for a city. Forts and keeps are 'doable' until you reach a critical mass of defenders. after certain point, outnumbering an enemy does not mean you succeed.
Keeps have limited number of entries, and these have a flow limit. Suddenly you try to push a watermelon through a nosestril in the inner courtyard , with at least few warbands melting each entry.

M0rw47h

Post#5 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 am

While it still would be close to impossible to get City in prime time due to numbers, it still could happen in EU middle day or early evening, which is still better for many people than middle of the night. Lets be honest, with current state of game City Siege could be completly removed from the game, and majority of playerbase wouldn't notice any difference.

doxifera

Post#6 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:23 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 am with current state of game City Siege could be completly removed from the game, and majority of playerbase wouldn't notice any difference.
This is so, if you see the city once a week (not a fact) or just do not see - any difference, except that in the first case, all the lucky ones have already collected 3 sets of sets

Spellbound

Post#7 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:07 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 pm I would suggest increasing time required for city to recover to 36 hours, as with current campaign is too short. By too short I mean, EU pushes to late T4 and NA reaps rewards nearly everyday. With 36 hour timer each side of globe would have its turn to meet already advanced campaign with City unlocked and prepared to siege, as it would bounce between time zones, which seems to be fair both sides of globe. Also, it would give more time for other faction to counter push not locked City.
EU chooses to bash it out and stalemate to prevent other realm. NA prime just switch Order and boom, city. Perfect example right now Black Crag and Caledor are open. Rather than let Fort happen Destro will defend and play the game for 10 hours then NA will finish it off. Why bother defending for 10 hours. Just get your fort/city now to fix the problem and let it reset. Not gonna happen because everyone just wants to kill and not go to Fort and be smart, then come on here to complain.

doxifera

Post#8 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:07 pm EU chooses to bash it out and stalemate to prevent other realm. NA prime just switch Order and boom, city. Perfect example right now Black Crag and Caledor are open. Rather than let Fort happen Destro will defend and play the game for 10 hours then NA will finish it off. Why bother defending for 10 hours. Just get your fort/city now to fix the problem and let it reset. Not gonna happen because everyone just wants to kill and not go to Fort and be smart, then come on here to complain.
Traitors, deserters, collaborators show their essence...

Ads
Jesden

Post#9 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 am

Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:07 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 pm I would suggest increasing time required for city to recover to 36 hours, as with current campaign is too short. By too short I mean, EU pushes to late T4 and NA reaps rewards nearly everyday. With 36 hour timer each side of globe would have its turn to meet already advanced campaign with City unlocked and prepared to siege, as it would bounce between time zones, which seems to be fair both sides of globe. Also, it would give more time for other faction to counter push not locked City.
EU chooses to bash it out and stalemate to prevent other realm. NA prime just switch Order and boom, city. Perfect example right now Black Crag and Caledor are open. Rather than let Fort happen Destro will defend and play the game for 10 hours then NA will finish it off. Why bother defending for 10 hours. Just get your fort/city now to fix the problem and let it reset. Not gonna happen because everyone just wants to kill and not go to Fort and be smart, then come on here to complain.
Throwing forts to get city should never be the answer

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Jesden wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 am
Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:07 pm
Throwing forts to get city should never be the answer
It should also be reported, screenshotted, and sent to a GM to followup. We are not friendly towards people who think organizing throws is acceptable in any form. Even making jokes about it can end up in a report and sanction as we have a pretty low bar for taking action on stuff like that. We don't want the game to devolve to who can lose the fastest. If the only thing you care about is getting your gear the fastest way possible, even if that means clearly abusing game systems, GM's will be your deterrent.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog