Recent Topics

Ads

Respawns are much too fast

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Taldrit

Respawns are much too fast

Post#1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:20 am

Ok, I gave this here a try. I moved up to level 11.
For that it took me some hours of play.
I died many times and most of them because the respawn took me as I fought against the neighbouring group.
And it was not that there was another player that took out that group. I killed them, just a minute before.
Normally it works this way: At the far end of a field I see a mob I have to kill.
So I setup a demon, kill the first group, kill the second group, kill the third group.
Then I move up to the place of the middle group, call my demon there and pull the next group.
Because they mostly stand relative near together you have to kill more then one group to move further inside.
When you kill the sixth group, the first three are respawning. So you have to kill them anew.
But when you are not 5 levels above them, you go down in vain.
That's frustrating. Really frustrating.
Oh, and you don't have to answer, you can hold your "winery-answers" for yourselfs. I will not read it. I am uninstalling this very moment. But maybe you lose more players out of this and it would be easy to set the respawn rates to 3 or 5 minutes instead of 1, so future players don't get the same frustration like me. So, farewell.

Ads
Telther

Re: Respawns are much too fast

Post#2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 am

Bye Felicia

Noslock

Post#3 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 am

You wont be missed.

zak68

Post#4 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 am

mobs? why mobs?

Omegus

Post#5 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:52 am

Taldrit wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:20 amOh, and you don't have to answer, you can hold your "winery-answers" for yourselfs. I will not read it. I am uninstalling this very moment. But maybe you lose more players out of this and it would be easy to set the respawn rates to 3 or 5 minutes instead of 1, so future players don't get the same frustration like me. So, farewell.
I think the respawn rate of a lot of things was increased when the game had a massive influx if players a while back. Not sure if it was reverted or not. A more useful suggestion would be to make the respawn rates dynamic based on the people in the area (lower people = slower respawns).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Kaelang

Post#6 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 am

Although I’m always appreciative of feedback, to close a statement with ‘I’m not listening I’m uninstalling’ invalidates your entire proposal in the first place and turns your suggestion into some form of ‘if you don’t fix this the server will die I’m leaving’ - which is hard to receive in a positive way.

Regardless, sorry that you died to respawn timers. Best of luck with where you end up.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:25 am

Joining a pvp focused game and then leveling by killing mobs...classic.

Some would say, many fast respawning mobs are good for farming purposes.
Dying is no option.

agemennon675

Post#8 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:26 am

One might argue having fast respawning mobs is a good thing for farm
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Cheslock

Post#9 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 am

I agree they respawn too fast I dont even enter caves anymore. Scenarios barely pop most of the time anymore so leveling that way is impossible half the time. Quests at least fill out the 30 minutes waiting for t2/t3 scenarios.

Deifact

Post#10 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:33 am

It is fast, you can easily become stuck in a spiral of fighting enemy after enemy as they respawn. You need to slowly back away and then kill off the stragglers.
This is easier on some classes than other, Zealot for example struggles a lot at lower levels, you'll be out of AP after killing two enemies. But it just requires adapting.