Recent Topics

Ads

New Engineer/Magus ability

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
catholicism198

New Engineer/Magus ability

Post#1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:21 am

As we all know the magus and engineer are the least valued classes in cities for a myriad of reason- One being their turrets and how quickly they get destroyed or die, resulting in a big loss of their damage potential.
My suggestion to partially alleviate this issue is to create a new base ability that negates their incoming AE damage for 15 seconds with a one minute CD.
They can still be easily destroyed, you just need to target them, at least for those 15 seconds.

Something like: “Emergency field repair kit” or “Emergency field defense,” which would use the unused “auto loader” animation.

*I’ve used the wounds tactic, and it only helps the turret last 1 additional second.

Ads
Crumbs

Re: New Engineer/Magus ability

Post#2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:13 am

+1
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Dabush

Post#3 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:55 am

If only their pets worked the same as oh let’s say a white lions pet? What makes the wl pet special besides nothing? I think all pets should take the same aoe damage as the wl, problem solved.

catholicism198

Post#4 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:54 am

Dabush wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:55 am If only their pets worked the same as oh let’s say a white lions pet? What makes the wl pet special besides nothing? I think all pets should take the same aoe damage as the wl, problem solved.
People don’t use lions or squigs in cities, so there’s no way to gather any data or feedback. Their pets also have more wounds, so they can survive longer.

This change/ability would make use of a dead animation and help remedy one of their many shortcoming without inciting rage from people about them being oped.
15 seconds... 1 minute CD... still susceptible to s/t attacks.

TiberiusD

Post#5 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:16 am

Engi / Magi have some tactics Reinforced Casing and Infernal flesh which are increasing the turret / daemon wounds with 160. But it's using a tactic slot and i haven't seen anyone using that.

mytreds

Post#6 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:51 pm

Just make turrets able to receive heals, problem solved.

M0rw47h

Post#7 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:18 pm

TiberiusD wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:16 am Engi / Magi have some tactics Reinforced Casing and Infernal flesh which are increasing the turret / daemon wounds with 160. But it's using a tactic slot and i haven't seen anyone using that.
Maybe if it would also increase Engi / Magus wounds... but idk, I haven't played Engi / Magus enough.

catholicism198

Post#8 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:38 pm

mytreds wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:51 pm Just make turrets able to receive heals, problem solved.
You cannot heal something that dies in two seconds.

I’ve been using reinforced casing for a good while now and does not help keep it up for longer than three seconds. That’s one more than usual.

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#9 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:41 pm

All pets need AoE damage reduction, not just WL pets. With the change to the 24 AoE cap on this server it's basically a necessity to keep them alive in any sort of close range fight.

xanderous

Post#10 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 pm

Well instead of inventing an entirely new ability they should just turn on the reduced aoe damage debuff for the grenade and flamer thrower turret that WL pet gets exclusively.

engie, magus and SH has suffered from this issue for the longest time and the veterans who still play them have all come to the same conclusion that the powers that be simply have no desire to fix it.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer