Recent Topics

Ads

Allow progress to renown 80 players

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Noslock
Posts: 216

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#41 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:01 pm

TwistedSister77 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:21 pm
Noslock wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:17 pm
TwistedSister77 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:16 pm
Isn't there a player that hit the server cap of 255 renown... what does he/she get?
u will take years to get to that
the highest is like 95

Multiple players told me the character name a few months ago, didnt write it down.
Nope no way. The highest should be (but i may be wrong) Thorbolt and he is rr95.
Image

Ads
homie
Posts: 3

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#42 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Hello, in my opinion, 1 renown point with each rank is minor enough (20 renown points is like 72 bonus in a stat which is a two piece bonus set and in order to go from 80 to 100, you ll probably need a couple of years with hardcore playing) and the renown cap should not exist at all. The whole point of the renown system is to have a minor neverending progress. The system's 'safety' is the renown required for each rank after a certain point.the whole point of big power difference between new and old players is not valid for me. You cant expect a fresh 40 with conq gear to have a chance against a high rr veteran with sov gear, even if rr system didn't exist at all. Also by removing the renown cap(or increasing it to 100-110) you will motivate high rr players to participate in orvr and scenarios again and by doing that you will solve one of the major (if not the biggest) problems which is city logging. After all this is an mmo-rpg, not a moba game.
SM _ Kaliopi

User avatar
Tamarlan
Posts: 203

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#43 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:07 pm

homie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:06 pm
Hello, in my opinion, 1 renown point with each rank is minor enough (20 renown points is like 72 bonus in a stat which is a two piece bonus set and in order to go from 80 to 100, you ll probably need a couple of years with hardcore playing) and the renown cap should not exist at all. The whole point of the renown system is to have a minor neverending progress. The system's 'safety' is the renown required for each rank after a certain point.the whole point of big power difference between new and old players is not valid for me. You cant expect a fresh 40 with conq gear to have a chance against a high rr veteran with sov gear, even if rr system didn't exist at all. Also by removing the renown cap(or increasing it to 100-110) you will motivate high rr players to participate in orvr and scenarios again and by doing that you will solve one of the major (if not the biggest) problems which is city logging. After all this is an mmo-rpg, not a moba game.
Cap is 255 already. And I indeed think it would be very healthy for the game if fresh players stand a chance against veterans.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

homie
Posts: 3

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#44 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:29 pm

They should increase it to 260 then and we will have a better gaming experience. If you are against gear progression, why play an mmo in the first place? Counter strike does it better anyway.
Edit: i ignore the troll part of your post and i shouldnt respond but here is an example of what i am saying (my english are not the best). If we have a duel between two equally skilled players, playing the same archetype and player A is in onslaught gear and player B is in sovereign gear, then player B will and should win in most cases because of the gear advantage. Same will and should happen if player A with onslaught, fights player C with carnage.
SM _ Kaliopi

doxifera
Posts: 120

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#45 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:31 am

homie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:29 pm
They should increase it to 260 then and we will have a better gaming experience. If you are against gear progression, why play an mmo in the first place? Counter strike does it better anyway.
Edit: i ignore the troll part of your post and i shouldnt respond but here is an example of what i am saying (my english are not the best). If we have a duel between two equally skilled players, playing the same archetype and player A is in onslaught gear and player B is in sovereign gear, then player B will and should win in most cases because of the gear advantage. Same will and should happen if player A with onslaught, fights player C with carnage.
Of course, in what then is the point of progression of equipment if it does not affect the outcome of the duel, then make the entire equipment cosmetic with the same stats, and only the skill will decide.

User avatar
Noslock
Posts: 216

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#46 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:40 am

Tamarlan wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:07 pm
homie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:06 pm
Hello, in my opinion, 1 renown point with each rank is minor enough (20 renown points is like 72 bonus in a stat which is a two piece bonus set and in order to go from 80 to 100, you ll probably need a couple of years with hardcore playing) and the renown cap should not exist at all. The whole point of the renown system is to have a minor neverending progress. The system's 'safety' is the renown required for each rank after a certain point.the whole point of big power difference between new and old players is not valid for me. You cant expect a fresh 40 with conq gear to have a chance against a high rr veteran with sov gear, even if rr system didn't exist at all. Also by removing the renown cap(or increasing it to 100-110) you will motivate high rr players to participate in orvr and scenarios again and by doing that you will solve one of the major (if not the biggest) problems which is city logging. After all this is an mmo-rpg, not a moba game.
Cap is 255 already. And I indeed think it would be very healthy for the game if fresh players stand a chance against veterans.
To stand a chance devs already :
-lowered price of gears
-made renown easy to farm (forts ,city ,2x events )
-limited gear progression power wise (confront weapons and gear and u will find that between subj rr40 weapon and invader rr60+ weapon the difference is not game breakin same goes for armour sets)
I easily went from rr51 full conq to rr75 full invader in less than 2 weeks on my alt bg so more easy than that i dont know.To reach rr80 in the past would take ages now its a matter of 3 weeks/1 month of playtime.Having some sort of incentives for rr80+ people would be nice .I personally would play more my rr86 Bo instead of keep rolling alt or log only for cities or guild wb.

And for the 255 rank cap dont worry cause no one will ever get that far in this lifetime
Last edited by Noslock on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
adapter
Posts: 331

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#47 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:16 pm

Noslock wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:40 am

To stand a chance devs already :
-lowered price of gears
-made renown easy to farm (forts ,city ,2x events )
-limited gear progression power wise (confront weapons and gear and u will find that between subj rr40 weapon and invader rr60+ weapon the difference is not game breakin same goes for armour sets)
I easily went from rr51 full conq to rr75 full invader in less that 2 weeks on my alt bg so more easy than that i dont know.To reach rr80 in the past would take ages now its a matter of 3 weeks/1 month of playtime.Having some sort of incentives for rr80+ people would be nice .I personally would play more my rr86 Bo instead of keep rolling alt or log only for cities or guild wb.

And for the 255 rank cap dont worry cause no one will ever get that far in this lifetime
Exactly, this is what is happenning, leveling too fast, too many exp bonuses, a lot of ways to get good gear, which all of this that is mentioned, is awesome. But! It takes about 2 weeks to 8 weeks to achieve this. I know players that went from rr 30 to rr 80 full sov in like 1 or 2 months, which is crazy fast considering how the game used to be a few years ago. So considering a lot of players are +70, maybe allowing more renown points is not that out of balance. Since it takes way more time to level from 80 to 100. What about capping it up to 90 or 100? Only 10 or 20 more renown points, maybe a mastery point too at level 90. Could really do good for players that stopped playing the game like you said, it happens to me also, I got my 85 Choppa and I moved on to my Squig Herder that hit 80 yesterday, and not only us, there must hundreds of players that are experiencing this. So yeah, between 80 and 100 takes foreeeever, so a very slow grind is cool to feel that progression and have that goal in mind every time you play, to add and regain that sense of fullfilment each time you level up, which is nice.

doxifera
Posts: 120

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#48 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:37 pm

How long does it take for up from 80 to 95? year or more? Extra 15 Renown Points in this case will not play role. This is not to mention the further 100+ and so on. But the progression will continue and there will be no need to create 12 twinks after you reach 80rr.

Ads
User avatar
drmordread
Suspended
Posts: 914

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#49 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:06 pm

AoR used to have renown progression to 100 and you could get additional tactics.

Sadly, too many people thought this unbalanced the game. Mainly anyone who re-rolled another toon and was progressing up the ranks. (By the time the RR100 ranks were introduced AOR had stopped gaining a lot of new players, so practically all lower level toons were just people with rr100 toons re-rolling another one)

Also, the gear you got at 90 and 100 was considered way too OP.

Would it be nice? Sure. Will it happen? Not in a million years.
Image
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

User avatar
randomeclipse
Posts: 77

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#50 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Meliannia wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:05 am
you could have small gains only which are still a rewrad for progression but not unbalancing like 81 could be +1 elem resist, 82 +1 wounds, 83 +1 HP, 84 -1% chance mount knock off, 85 could be +1 corp resist, 86, +1 int, 87 +1 pt of dmg, 88 -5mins on book of binding cd,89 +1 dmg vs orcs (or dorfs) just small things, even EQ (The Grandaddy of all MMO) understood when max level is reached you can give small rewards that still require work/effort and not increase levels i.e they implemeted the AA system in 2001 little bonuses like the ones ive suggested
UO would trump EQ, and possibly even DAoC 🤓.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Diragi, Hadann, M0rw47h, Rapzel and 31 guests