Recent Topics

Ads

Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
doxifera
Posts: 120

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#11 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:34 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:31 pm
These are all good proposals but I expect the devs will give this the "not all classes are meant to be good in wbs/fort/cities etc," response.

The meta classes seem to be established for at least the foreseeable future. Go Slayer/Choppa and be good in every situation, WL/mara or Sorc/BW to be good in most, or play every other DPS for hard mode when it comes to trying to get geared in ORvR, forts, and cities.

At least engi can top scen dmg charts. pew pew lol.
Then why does WL pet have AoE reduction and Magus/Engi/SH not?

Ads
User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 433

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#12 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:00 pm

doxifera wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:34 pm
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:31 pm
These are all good proposals but I expect the devs will give this the "not all classes are meant to be good in wbs/fort/cities etc," response.

The meta classes seem to be established for at least the foreseeable future. Go Slayer/Choppa and be good in every situation, WL/mara or Sorc/BW to be good in most, or play every other DPS for hard mode when it comes to trying to get geared in ORvR, forts, and cities.

At least engi can top scen dmg charts. pew pew lol.
Then why does WL pet have AoE reduction and Magus/Engi/SH not?
Because Wl dont have rifle 🤔

doxifera
Posts: 120

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#13 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:03 pm

wachlarz wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:00 pm
doxifera wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:34 pm
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:31 pm
These are all good proposals but I expect the devs will give this the "not all classes are meant to be good in wbs/fort/cities etc," response.

The meta classes seem to be established for at least the foreseeable future. Go Slayer/Choppa and be good in every situation, WL/mara or Sorc/BW to be good in most, or play every other DPS for hard mode when it comes to trying to get geared in ORvR, forts, and cities.

At least engi can top scen dmg charts. pew pew lol.
Then why does WL pet have AoE reduction and Magus/Engi/SH not?
Because Wl dont have rifle 🤔
Yes, WL pet has no gun..

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 553

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#14 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm

I would imagine the thought process was that since lion is in melee all the time it needs this.

However, lion does have the advantage of being able to move. Whereas turret is a sitting duck except for redeploy.

I do think the turret needs a revaluation with MSH pouncing and bouncing in the back lines on top of all the other AoE meta being spammed.

However my original point was more or less play the flavor of the month or be prepared to play hard mode for a long time. Or play Slayer/Choppa or WL/Mara because they are always strong.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/74) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/35) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/77) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

doxifera
Posts: 120

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#15 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm
I would imagine the thought process was that since lion is in melee all the time it needs this.
Magus/Engi/SH also have specs for close combat, without mentioning that in the battles in question, everything happens in close combat.
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm
However my original point was more or less play the flavor of the month or be prepared to play hard mode for a long time. Or play Slayer/Choppa or WL/Mara because they are always strong.
So why is WL pet in easy mode, and everyone else needs to play hard mode? What is your point?
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm

However, lion does have the advantage of being able to move. Whereas turret is a sitting duck except for redeploy.
And that too.

User avatar
Przepraszam
Posts: 33

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#16 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:33 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm
I would imagine the thought process was that since lion is in melee all the time it needs this.
White Lion is a rdps with 65ft range and all the capabilities of a melee dps ...
Billpullman
Karvosky

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 553

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#17 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:40 pm

doxifera wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm
I would imagine the thought process was that since lion is in melee all the time it needs this.
Magus/Engi/SH also have specs for close combat, without mentioning that in the battles in question, everything happens in close combat.
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm
However my original point was more or less play the flavor of the month or be prepared to play hard mode for a long time. Or play Slayer/Choppa or WL/Mara because they are always strong.
So why is WL pet in easy mode, and everyone else needs to play hard mode? What is your point?
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm

However, lion does have the advantage of being able to move. Whereas turret is a sitting duck except for redeploy.
And that too.
BC MDPS are generally way easier to build a warband around than RDPS. Yes there are "melee" specs for engi/magus but it take a lot of effort to make/gear a "melee" engi rather than just roll WL and profit.

IDK why this is the balance we have, just saying that it is and you expecting it change is pointless. Per the OP, the meta in question is AoE spam, the engi/magus pet is weak against AoE, probably just a bad class for AoE Spam fest then.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/74) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/35) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/77) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 433

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#18 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:39 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:40 pm
doxifera wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm
I would imagine the thought process was that since lion is in melee all the time it needs this.
Magus/Engi/SH also have specs for close combat, without mentioning that in the battles in question, everything happens in close combat.
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm
However my original point was more or less play the flavor of the month or be prepared to play hard mode for a long time. Or play Slayer/Choppa or WL/Mara because they are always strong.
So why is WL pet in easy mode, and everyone else needs to play hard mode? What is your point?
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm

However, lion does have the advantage of being able to move. Whereas turret is a sitting duck except for redeploy.
And that too.
BC MDPS are generally way easier to build a warband around than RDPS. Yes there are "melee" specs for engi/magus but it take a lot of effort to make/gear a "melee" engi rather than just roll WL and profit.

IDK why this is the balance we have, just saying that it is and you expecting it change is pointless. Per the OP, the meta in question is AoE spam, the engi/magus pet is weak against AoE, probably just a bad class for AoE Spam fest then.
So why ordrer have so many engies ? Order like too play weak classes ?:P Melee dps too work need a tank that guard him and heler. Engi need a meat shield that block enemy and can piu piu. If half of engis start play a meat shield, half of turrent will not die :D

Ads
User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 155

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#19 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:25 am

wachlarz wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:39 pm
CountTalabecland wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:40 pm
doxifera wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm


Magus/Engi/SH also have specs for close combat, without mentioning that in the battles in question, everything happens in close combat.



So why is WL pet in easy mode, and everyone else needs to play hard mode? What is your point?


And that too.
BC MDPS are generally way easier to build a warband around than RDPS. Yes there are "melee" specs for engi/magus but it take a lot of effort to make/gear a "melee" engi rather than just roll WL and profit.

IDK why this is the balance we have, just saying that it is and you expecting it change is pointless. Per the OP, the meta in question is AoE spam, the engi/magus pet is weak against AoE, probably just a bad class for AoE Spam fest then.
So why ordrer have so many engies ? Order like too play weak classes ?:P Melee dps too work need a tank that guard him and heler. Engi need a meat shield that block enemy and can piu piu. If half of engis start play a meat shield, half of turrent will not die :D
What are you doing? trolling? so far every word you've spoken here has been completely worthless whatever angle you want to look at it from.
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/70

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 155

Re: Magus/Engi mechanics not working ...

Post#20 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 am

Drys wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:24 pm
Crumbs wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 am
+1 it's a further kick to the nuts that we don't only start to lose stacks when the pet dies, we instantly lose x4 upon death and probably another 1-2 in reaction time. So what happens is you start a fight with x8 and then the pet dies, stacks are back to 3-4, you resummon instantly to try cover losses, it dies instantly and you lose the rest of the stacks... just like that.

And then from then on you will be getting no damage bonus no pet mechanic because all 3 of pets will die on respawn constanrly resetting stacks back to 0, at the same time we still NEED the pet so we are trying to find a window where it lasts longer than 2 seconds, so we're resummoning them on cooldown spending 55ap constantly, so we're on 0 AP 90% of the time. And in short the entire city our main priority is resummoning pets and trying to do something with our suffocating AP

Someone explain to me how that **** is not broken, this isn't whinging, it's trying to give those in power that don't play or witness the class in action - some understanding,.

The OP has recommended some good ideas especially its mitigation to aoe damage, please take them into consideration now, it's been long enough and it will only get worse with current circumstances. We need some acknowledgement of this issue so we can start moving forward to play this great game

What about instead of having 4x stacks instantly disappear when pet dies, all stacks persist for 5s after pet death, then start degrading at 4x. That's enough time to re-summon demon/turret and not lose stacks (which would also refresh the 5s persistence). Yes, still annoying pets die so quickly, but it allows you to reposition without sacrificing damage -- also allows greater play using pet without worrying as much about losing dps.
I like this idea, i think this coupled with aoe damage mitigation on the pet/allowing it to be affected by group heals could make a difference in cities/roam. i think it should still degrade at the same rate as the stacks are gained after that 5sec period. So 1 stack every 2 secs.

I think one of the main things is removing the instant x4 penalty, always thought that was super harsh and too extreme of a punishment for a turret dying. thats almost 10secs of time lost for every turret dead, now when they die before those 10secs of time are regained? our stacks get reset so hard that if this mechanic could go backwards, by the end of stage 3 city we'd be at -100x stacks from how hard the turrets are deleted as soon as theyre built.
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/70

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

cron