Recent Topics

Ads

RvR is blob in roller coaster now.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
PartizanRUS

RvR is blob in roller coaster now.

Post#1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:19 am

RvR is blob in roller coaster now. An amusement park attraction for blobs.
I thought about constant 120vs120 pvp only in 1 rvr zone(6wbx2), with peaks of 400 players taking 1 castle. Especially in Forts. It's totally meat grinder. You know what I'm talking about if you seen 10 wb in action in RoR.
To make skill matter again you have to split people on 2 servers. To create NA server. NA players will have better latency, and latency issues will go away especially for melee combat.
Even if half will switch to NA, there will be too many players. However, blobbing faceroll will decrease significantly.
While other solution is locking zones for teleports in, after total of 240 players in it, and 120 for each side. 240 is more than enough. 10 full warbands.
Are you sure basic game combat mechanics scale up properly from 1wb vs 1wb to 10 warbands ?
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: RvR is blob in roller coaster now.

Post#2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:18 am

It's player issue.
It takes just one WB to siege empty zone to start spliting zerg a bit.

Aluviya

Post#3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 am

I think ORvR needs some additional mechanic to prevent heavy numbers to clash in keeps and spread the numbers over open zone(s). Even with the current patch of preventing ressurection in keeps - the way keep sieges are atm is what is causing this situation if you ask me. Zerg attacks keep, either takes it or fails and generates in this time zerg on the opponent realm which is sitting in castle and defending. Keep sieges should not be eternal on equal numbers in a zone. There is the need to implement another mechanic to maintain defending keeps/forts. Which should be something like the small decrease of ressources of a keep which eventually results in a heavy debuff of the keep defenders after hitting 0*. This would give smallscale parties again a purpose in zones - in collecting ressources for the defending side and scatter the fights all around a zone instead of focussing zerg vs zerg on a specific point.

M0rw47h

Post#4 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Aluviya wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 am I think ORvR needs some additional mechanic to prevent heavy numbers to clash in keeps and spread the numbers over open zone(s). Even with the current patch of preventing ressurection in keeps - the way keep sieges are atm is what is causing this situation if you ask me. Zerg attacks keep, either takes it or fails and generates in this time zerg on the opponent realm which is sitting in castle and defending. Keep sieges should not be eternal on equal numbers in a zone. There is the need to implement another mechanic to maintain defending keeps/forts. Which should be something like the small decrease of ressources of a keep which eventually results in a heavy debuff of the keep defenders after hitting 0*. This would give smallscale parties again a purpose in zones - in collecting ressources for the defending side and scatter the fights all around a zone instead of focussing zerg vs zerg on a specific point.
Wait, you want to make attacking even easier?

Aluviya

Post#5 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:59 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:40 pm
Aluviya wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 am I think ORvR needs some additional mechanic to prevent heavy numbers to clash in keeps and spread the numbers over open zone(s). Even with the current patch of preventing ressurection in keeps - the way keep sieges are atm is what is causing this situation if you ask me. Zerg attacks keep, either takes it or fails and generates in this time zerg on the opponent realm which is sitting in castle and defending. Keep sieges should not be eternal on equal numbers in a zone. There is the need to implement another mechanic to maintain defending keeps/forts. Which should be something like the small decrease of ressources of a keep which eventually results in a heavy debuff of the keep defenders after hitting 0*. This would give smallscale parties again a purpose in zones - in collecting ressources for the defending side and scatter the fights all around a zone instead of focussing zerg vs zerg on a specific point.
Wait, you want to make attacking even easier?
For zones with even numbers - yes. It is no coincidence that on fort you have slightly lesser numbers because on even numbers it would be nearly impossible taking a fort. Same is practically for a Keep - actually even worse. On keep you have also the whole delay by oil and ram placement.

nuadarstark

Post#6 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:17 pm

It's already stupid easy and dumbed down to hell...

Also, when are there the even numbers, you either have heavy destro in EU prime time or heavy order in ? Even numbers are extremely rare.

Ultimately, the big fights are going to happen, as well as the occassional stalemates - you have 1200 people playing during peaks, what do you think will be going on? I find it absurd that people are already moaning again about this when we have nearly perfectly scheduled "twice in 24h" cities and zone flips and forts are constant.

Few months ago we had day long stalemates, 2k+ folks online, cities not popping for certain TZs at all and 1200 people in one zone engagements...that was hell, this is nothing. Sieging, taking zones and pushing campaign is easy now.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Miaso

Post#7 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:02 pm

They already made it easier for attackers last patch, just block posterns early and the keep is won

Agree that it is a player issue, or rather a leading guild issue, anyone with organised warband should just go to the less populated area and stop blobbing with the zerg

wachlarz

Post#8 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:10 pm

Make wb Size 18 ppl max.

Ads
Wam

Post#9 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 pm

rvr as always been blob wars, just at different parts of the game life cycle some worse than others... or more "encouraged"

Recent changes have been a bit more "zerg" friendly and some influential players on both sides encourage zerg nature... but the issue is more the system and battlefield objectives losing their importance over time and they are nothing more than a after thought, so there is no need for the zerg to split and get proper zone control until they zerg keep then zerg bo's...

But the "now" part is a bit misleading as its usually been the case.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

PartizanRUS

Post#10 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:18 pm

It's player issue.
Issue of like 120 players above minimum who won't switch zones and keep on blobing-zerging and facerolling as dumb zerg-blob. Right. I just got couple of solutions for that.
ORvR needs some additional mechanic to prevent heavy numbers to clash in keeps and spread the numbers over open zone(s).
Like splitting population and Lockout mechanics. Other soft mechanics like manipulation of BOs could be dodged by blobs\zergs. They could just send 1-2 WB(24-48 players) to roam RVR zone and wipe everything, while sieging a castle.

This current situation is nothing even close to normal. If you think this blobing like 120-240+ players on 1 side and 1 zone is normal you are just dellusional. 4 tiers system which were removed in RoR was just preventing this kind of bullshit blobing\zerging we see now. Players were spread between 2-3 zones locked in 1 tier. All 2-3-4 tiers amassing in 1 RVR zone - that wasn't even planned in Warhammer Online. That's too obvious to point out. 240 players in 1 RVR zone is anomaly for original Warhammer Online. Massing more than 240 players in 1 RVR zone is just killing fun pvp and is a roller coaster for 1 blob-zerg. Doesn't matter which side. Especially when many players do xrealming and lockout measures are too soft.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image