[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
GamesBond
Former Staff

[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:56 pm

Please feel free to drop your general feedback and suggestions regarding the Twitch Drops event by replying to this thread.
- - - - - - -

Hello, as the Twitch Drops event has ended, I'm looking to gather as many constructive feedback from the ones who experienced it. Please keep your feedback/suggestions related to Twitch Drops only and make it a short one so I could reply to everyone and add whatever notes needs to be added.

I'd also like to take a minute and thank MaxHaymen and Wargrimnir for making this event run as smooth as possible, as well as other teammates who were constantly checking Twitch channels to make sure everyone is satisfied, answer questions, assist where possible and whatsoever.

Twitch Drops was a great addition by Max and we're bound to make each event better than the other, so let's gather these suggestions of yours!
Last edited by GamesBond on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated + Linked

Ads
tefnaht

Re: Twitch drops

Post#2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:03 am

It was an interesting experience. If devs decide to repeat this - good way is to increase collaboration with streamer for players, may be special arena where players have to defend streamer from monsters or fight against him with some conditions, with some little rewards if players achieve target conditions, it can be pq in special instance or just summon npc in world.

P.S. summon special siege in instace and have to deliver it to spesial point with monsters attacks to it and on special point fight against boss using this siege ^_^

havartii

Post#3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 am

I like everything about the rewards, only complaint might come from order side mount :roll:
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Melekith

Post#4 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:22 am

Funny and entertaining. Good for community building. Technically everything worked, besides the bag of coins never arrived on the character I claimed them for.

Slapshot

Post#5 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:37 am

The Quest drop was confusing to follow with unclear directions. As someone playing for maybe 2 months I had no clue how to proceed and ended up just flowing random people.

Do we have to claim all the Drops rewards today? Or can we save them and claim them at a later time?

tefnaht

Post#6 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:36 am

For new 16-39 players - gold, talismans, dyes, lowbie tokens, all of this is awesome rewards.

For 40+ - special mounts, activity with streamer attracts a lot.

One problem is - can't easy find link info and drops from profile info, use link from forum topic. Another small problem - apply drops for character some kind of repeating actions with back-forward-refresh, may be as for streamers use account rewards without this step? Or this way have some bad issues with repeating similar drops or some kind of duplicates?

DeadNerve

Post#7 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:00 am

Thanks to the server team for doing this event. It was great to see the RoR community coming together and watching our favorite streamers together. Was also neat to see people jumping into chat being introduced to the server for the first time. I hope this event will continue from time to time in the future.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:18 am

This has been such a good idea

Ads
mescaline1984

Post#9 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:29 am

First of all i want to thank you guys.
I got many things and i'm really happy.
The only concern i have is about the Order mount.
While i like the idea of different mounts i have to say that unicorn looks really bad for Dwarfs.
Destros on the other side got a really cool badass mount.
I know it's free and i'm thankful for it and i'm sure that creating a mount that fits for dwarfs is really difficult.

Nosun

Post#10 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:11 am

So my feedback is i think the drops were great and made for a fun weekend. I think it was nice for the streamers and was great to see the numbers in their streams so high. My only complaint is can the order mount be a little better than a dinky unicorn next time? lol :P