[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sadistic

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#31 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Satius wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:45 pm It's the good idea!
But for me it was little bit embarrassing to ask the streamer to open a portal... 6 times. Cause I didn't make it in time or didn't understand what to do and which quest I need to have. They were very kind and always responsive. But I really don't want to disturb any person for me. And I didn't end quest yet. >_<
I met wonderful people. It was a big social immersion.
And few other minuses already was written by other users. It's about the economic and balance. I agree that it's wrong to give the advantages for users. Better if it was just something like cosmetics, dye and etc. Maybe it will be better to do just 1-2 rewards.
The mounts are great! Just take them a required level like 16 and the problem is solved.
Thank you anyway for your great teem job. In any case for first try it was good. And hope to see new interesting events like this but better in future.
I agree that it was annoying to have to pull aside a streamer from what they were doing to have to open a portal. Cool concept but maybe just give them an item they can click anywhere in the world and it spawns portals in specific locations?

Ads
CelestianGC

Post#32 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:43 pm

The quests items were kinda meh but the others felt rewarding and fun.

douluc

Post#33 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Hadann wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm I've had a few people tell me the talisman market took a little bit of a drop as well. Twitch drops shouldn't effect an economy in the game at all. Again they need to be simple things such as skins. Dyes, etc etc. I also heard people were given 100g which again affects economy and screws people over who couldn't watch this weekend. Twitch drops should be things people want to just have and feel they got something unique. They shouldn't be given items that makes others who couldn't be a part of it feel like they actually missed out on stuff that could give an advantage.
Exactly what I mean. Some like farming. Farming was ever part of a mmo and giving away stuff who's impacting the game economy is bad. For both sides.

Boomie82

Post#34 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 pm

i liked the event too.

imho the talisman bag was a bit over the top.
+24 talismans are the highest you can get in the game and i think they shouldnt be a reward for watching a stream. but thats just my opinion and i wont cry if they make a return in future events :P

i watched about 3-4 different streams and every streamer was friendly and nice.
good job to everyone who was involved

Sulorie

Re: Twitch drops

Post#35 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:00 pm

Nosun wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:11 am My only complaint is can the order mount be a little better than a dinky unicorn next time? lol :P
Midgets had an unicorn as well? :^)

PS: I wish my choppa had one.
Dying is no option.

Keyquest

Post#36 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:54 pm

Accounts linked, 11 drops obtained, unable to find a way to receive the in game mail.

mahumadi

Post#37 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 pm

The drops were great. Free stuff, who can complain?

The streamers had a lot of people watching which made them have a lot of fun and interact with the large audience (I was watching zappy who was super helpful, funny and a great guy).

Ostabenny

Post#38 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:40 pm

I thought it was a great event. I found some new streamers who I hadn't watched before, and probably will watch again now.

Drops were great, awesome to get free stuff, and I felt they were at the right level of reward - nothing too flashy, but valuable.

My only criticism would be the quests - I saw a couple streamers go through with people but its probably a bit onerous/repetitive for them after a while. A PQ (like Living Snot, which was great) would be a better format than a straight quest. The solo portion of the quests was a bit forced, and the dueling step was just an exercise in futility - i'd guess most people just let someone kill them and then vice versa. Another minor note would be promotion of the event - making bigger noise about it a week or so in advance would've garnered more interest I think.

But a really great event overall.

Ads
mahumadi

Re: Twitch Event -- reward descriptions.

Post#39 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:46 pm

Akilinus wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:36 pm Crate of Dyes- Dyes
Mount Carrier- Mount juggernaut for destro, unicorn for order.
Apothecary Supplies- Mats for apothecary
Crate of Fresh Liniments- 30min buff (like pots but better)
Pet Carrier- A pet that follows you
Scribbled Paper- Quest chain
Otherworldy Favour- event slot item 60d decay, stats depend on what class.
Box of Forgotten Talismans- Talismans with 24 stat.
Small Bag of Coins- 10g
Talisman Making Supplies- Mats for talisman making
Large Bag of Coins- 100g
Potion of Acclaim- Renown buff 25% for 72 hours
Writ of the Realm- Scenarios quest for 20 conq emblems.
Hey mate, can't open the other worldy favor. Tried right clicking and ctr+right click like the box says and nothing. Any idea how to open it?

Ryzom

Post#40 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:04 am

Very nice event thx for it.
Ni dieu ni maître