Recent Topics

Ads

Various class balance change ideas to shake up endgame/city meta

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
banites

Re: Various class balance change ideas to shake up endgame/city meta

Post#11 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:29 am

Just posting another idea as well:

Zealot/RP - Remove the cooldown on harbringer of doom / Rune of breaking
- Their mastery trees are meant to have this not on a cd. This will bring utility and variety to the class. opening up different builds an choices.

Shaman / AM - Additional mechanic with gork/mork and Traquility/Force
-The mechanic currently serves little purpose and does not really become a "mechanic" of the class.. I suggest that each point of their balance their stats willpower h.crit / int, magic crit convert. For example: for shaman every point of mork converts 12% of willpower and h.crit to int and magic crit and vice versa.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#12 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 am

If you can make the cleansin tactic for whole grp make it also when tactic slotted cooldown reduction skills wont work on it, i can see how **** op it could be without that.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Cornerback

Post#13 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am

Bozzax wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:20 am Don’t agree with making desperation/ADY always on, adding more move on heals or making wild healing into ”road runner” *meep meeep*

AMs and Shamans tend to heal less bc they lack an aoe hot. Meaning they may struggle a bit in AOE meta typically when not paired with a strong aoe healer like dok/wp.

Morale instead of APs for group is a fair deal and
Aoe slow and insta ress are the real strengths of the classes
No. They heal less because they lack the mobility of RP/Zealot (Flashheal, wounds buff, 50% dmg reduce) and the durability of WP/DoKs. Once they have to run (which is pretty much always the case), their heals are limited to a few garbage heals.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#14 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:03 am

Bozzax wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 am Would be super broken bc reduced CD on clns and stacking GC-hots (if you play mechanic)
As a healer if you play the mechanic you are havng to use BE/ITT to build points. Using cleanse between gives you next to no group healing. GC hots arent keeping a group up.

Bozzax

Post#15 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:10 am

Chop fasta (Waaaagh), FoG?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Bozzax

Post#16 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:13 am

Cornerback wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 amNo. They heal less because they lack the mobility of RP/Zealot (Flashheal, wounds buff, 50% dmg reduce) and the durability of WP/DoKs. Once they have to run (which is pretty much always the case), their heals are limited to a few garbage heals.
ST healing is fine even when moving. (Provided u use your mechanic)

IMO only a bit tricky to get base group healing out once you are kiting off pressure (mostly bc no aoe hot). The lack of ”free” scoreboard numbers is also why you are ”healing less”
Last edited by Bozzax on Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Niall

Post#17 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:15 am

Just another topic-starter "buff what I'm playing with, nerf what I'm not"
+20%, +30%, +40%, +50% - sure, let's break this game even more! Especially while you spend months getting some gear with a 5% boost.
As a WE I do not want to have AOE. If you want some AOE - play Choppa and leave single targets to me. 24 classes should have its specializations, don't try to make everybody well-rounded.

"Mara is the main offender in current endgame balance" - this is just ridiculous. You can find WLs outnumber Mara like twice if you move out of WC, yep, those with pets, jumping there and back with lots of benefits comparing to mara. But sure, nerf mara, he is the main offender. :facepalm:

Foofmonger

Post#18 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:46 pm

Don't think that's a good way to balance the Marauder. The White Lion can do "the exact same thing", and it's not considered an issue. They also ignore 50% armor on Slashing Blade (Demolition mirror). This would indicate that this isn't the correct way to balance the class.

Mara issues are not Demolition. Have a long post about this in the city siege thread but there are 4 major issues:

1. Monstro proc is too strong (and also bugged).
2. AoE damage scaling is probably overtuned in general (specifically Demolition and Wreckingball, they should probably have the same PSM scaling as WL abilities).
3. AoE Interrupt is far better range than Orders (WL), and AoE interrupts are too strong with 10 sec cds in general.
4. AoE KD has a lack of parity in the realms (minor issue).

That being said, I'm not being critical because your proposal would "overnerf" Mara's or anything, I just don't think it solves the core issue at hand.

Ads
Grimfang
Suspended

Post#19 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Bozzax wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:10 am Chop fasta (Waaaagh), FoG?
Other healers dont require a certain class to make them function properly.
Any change that brings a class up to the level of the top classes will be overpowered. Because those classes are overpowered and really needed nerfing but that is off the table here.

Vandoles

Post#20 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:36 pm

I only want to see WH viable, but please not through making it a slayer with a hat that underwent a long leg transplant and is wearing a coat to hide the scars.